Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

watch us get an updated country sounding End of the World cover on this album when we deserve a studio version of Stand By Your Man :trisha4:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Sept 20

come on lasso, join the legendary virgos honeymoon and norman :party:

if you’re released any later you’ll join the flop libra blue banisters :ohno:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

full disclaimer i luv blue banisters :blush3: issa joke

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I had a dream last night that Greg Kurstin (songwriter/producer who worked on Money Power Glory) posted a 30-second Instagram story of his laptop playing a music video for a song from Lasso. He wrote something like “Lasso - LDR coming in September, video dropping on Halloween” and tagged Rick Nowels. There was also a date stamped May 30th, 2023, presumably when the video was filmed (irl, Lana was in Brazil at this time.) The music video was of Lana and her friend Val in a haunted house(?) with heavy smoke and green lighting. The song featured country-style lyrics but did not sound like a country song at all. It had heavy hip-hop/trap beats and the vocals were a talking/rap style like Lana did in the first verse of Summer Bummer. 
Everyone on LanaBoards and socials was really confused about what this meant for the album, and if Lasso was really going to be considered a country album aside from the lyrics. Some people were really happy about this but others were quite upset. In general, there were pretty mixed thoughts on the song snippet. Some loved it, some hated it. People were predicting Lasso would be a Lust for Life 2.0 lol.
Anyway, just thought I’d share! In the past, certain elements of my LDR dreams I have sometimes come true, so… we’ll see loool x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

:lanahairflip2:~~~ Tracklist prediction time for funsies! ~~~ :smokes4:

1. Honeymoon From Hell

2. Lasso

3. Froot Loops

4. Iced tea on his veranda in Tennessee

5. Cowgirl Interlude feat. Abel

6. Giddy Up Partner, Ride 'Em Cowboy (There's a Snake in my Heels) [Feat. Woody & Jesse, from Toy Story 2]

7. Stars In The Sky

8. Dr. Pepper at the BBQ

9. Chuck in my Truck or Chunk in my Trunk lol

10. Satin Nights Down South (Yee Haw!)

11. Rosey Cheeks At The Rodeo

12. Cowgirl Is Gone {henry come on will be retitled something else or probably left off the album sksksk}

13. D-I-V-O-R-C-E cover or Crazy He Calls Me cover

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Dolly Parton's original version of "I Will Always Love You" feels like something Lana would create, sonically and melodically speaking – so I feel like a rustic, Americana, guitar-driven (acoustic and steel pedal) sound is imminent. Maybe something like a stripped-down Ultraviolence or a labouring on the sounds explored on Chemtrails. "Henry, Come On" reminded me so much of some 2013 material (particularly Chelsea Hotel No. 2, Nectar of the Gods, Unidentified Flying Bill) 

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

so I feel like a rustic, Americana, guitar-driven (acoustic and steel pedal) sound is imminent. Maybe something like a stripped-down Ultraviolence. "Henry, Come On" reminded me so much of some 2013 material (particularly Chelsea Hotel No. 2, Nectar of the Gods, Unidentified Flying Bill) 

idk i like these songs, but i wouldnt like an ENTIRE album built around this and all the songs having similar instrumentals yk what i mean

source.gif

4 hours ago, Elle said:

I had a dream last night that Greg Kurstin (songwriter/producer who worked on Money Power Glory) posted a 30-second Instagram story of his laptop playing a music video for a song from Lasso. He wrote something like “Lasso - LDR coming in September, video dropping on Halloween” and tagged Rick Nowels. There was also a date stamped May 30th, 2023, presumably when the video was filmed (irl, Lana was in Brazil at this time.) The music video was of Lana and her friend Val in a haunted house(?) with heavy smoke and green lighting. The song featured country-style lyrics but did not sound like a country song at all. It had heavy hip-hop/trap beats and the vocals were a talking/rap style like Lana did in the first verse of Summer Bummer. 
Everyone on LanaBoards and socials was really confused about what this meant for the album, and if Lasso was really going to be considered a country album aside from the lyrics. Some people were really happy about this but others were quite upset. In general, there were pretty mixed thoughts on the song snippet. Some loved it, some hated it. People were predicting Lasso would be a Lust for Life 2.0 lol.
Anyway, just thought I’d share! In the past, certain elements of my LDR dreams I have sometimes come true, so… we’ll see loool x

Wasn't there a haunted house photo shoot/ video shoot a few years ago (around chemtrails or bannisters?) that never seemed to amount to anything.....given that lana has been working on Lasso for like four years....... and given Elle's preternatural abilities...... well it is certainly interesting. Certainly it must mean something...

I remember it was some famous place in I wanna say California

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg