Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Just woke up from a 45 minute nap that included a song from a song from Lasso so I thought I’d share. My nap dreams are always a bit fuzzy compared to a full-length sleep dream so I don’t remember too much of it. All I remember is listening to a song where the chorus went “…& I’m tired now. ____________ bringing me to Memphis. __________ bringing me to Memphis.” I for the life of my can’t remember what that first part is, but it was also used in the title of the song which was a single word and I remember members here didn’t quite understand it / thought it made no sense in the context of the lyric. For example, the lyric could’ve been “red-winged blackbird bringing me to Memphis” and the title of the song was Blackbird, but that doesn’t make much sense unless you attempt to dissect the meaning a bit. I’m using blackbird as an example because for some reason I have a slight inkling that was what it was, but I can’t remember for certain. 
The sonic style/production was very reminiscent of a song that could have been found on Chemtrails, maybe closest to Dance Till We Die sans-bridge. It was definitely Lana’s “version” of country and more folk-focused rather than modern day “yeehaw” country, so country haters were relieved and Chemtrails lovers were happy. The best part about the song though was the outro. It was the phrase “people work so much” repeated with multiple light floating harmonies that sounded so gorgeous. It sort of reminded me of the last part of Chemtrails title track where she’s singing “under the chemtrails over the country club/you’re born in December and I’m born in June” over each other in her higher vocal.

The overall message of the song was reminiscent of Swan Song and there were theories that Lana is taking a step back from music, but the general consensus was that she’s just becoming more lowkey and laidback as she transitions into a new genre.

Anyway, that’s all I remember as the dream was so short. I also literally just woke up from this so hopefully my groggy description makes sense loool x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Just woke up from a 45 minute nap that included a song from a song from Lasso so I thought I’d share. My nap dreams are always a bit fuzzy compared to a full-length sleep dream so I don’t remember too much of it. All I remember is listening to a song where the chorus went “…& I’m tired now. ____________ bringing me to Memphis. __________ bringing me to Memphis.” I for the life of my can’t remember what that first part is, but it was also used in the title of the song which was a single word and I remember members here didn’t quite understand it / thought it made no sense in the context of the lyric. For example, the lyric could’ve been “red-winged blackbird bringing me to Memphis” and the title of the song was Blackbird, but that doesn’t make much sense unless you attempt to dissect the meaning a bit. I’m using blackbird as an example because for some reason I have a slight inkling that was what it was, but I can’t remember for certain. 
The sonic style/production was very reminiscent of a song that could have been found on Chemtrails, maybe closest to Dance Till We Die sans-bridge. It was definitely Lana’s “version” of country and more folk-focused rather than modern day “yeehaw” country, so country haters were relieved and Chemtrails lovers were happy. The best part about the song though was the outro. It was the phrase “people work so much” repeated with multiple light floating harmonies that sounded so gorgeous. It sort of reminded me of the last part of Chemtrails title track where she’s singing “under the chemtrails over the country club/you’re born in December and I’m born in June” over each other in her higher vocal.

The overall message of the song was reminiscent of Swan Song and there were theories that Lana is taking a step back from music, but the general consensus was that she’s just becoming more lowkey and laidback as she transitions into a new genre.

Anyway, that’s all I remember as the dream was so short. I also literally just woke up from this so hopefully my groggy description makes sense loool x

More tracks like Dance Till We Die would make me so happy <3

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

10 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i am going to advocate for a “photographed by neil” adlib like a producer tag :charli:

Concept 👹

COWBOY MOTORCYCLE (INTERLUDE) (FEAT. QUAVO)

Lana's Part:

and Neil takes a pictures of me in the desert, sittin' on the horses back

Headlined Coachella, took me only 37 Days

whispered call me back while switching from a horse to a motorcycle

Tuned and turned up

„Neil take a good one of quavo"

Quavo:

Ladie with the Cowboy boots on the horse

Take me into the desert

about the criticism? We don't care'

about em grammys? We don’t care’

Got Eilish on the stage

Dolly on the record

What more?

Both:

Boots back to my roots

Boots back to my roots

Cowboy Motorcycle Tune

Boots back to my roots

Yeah

This is the Cowboy Motorcycle Tune

Sorry My Songwriting is Trashy asf but i had a vision :derpna4:

IMG-5840.jpg

I’d love Lasso to sound like the intro from Fresh Out The Slammer…

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Omg the Neil desert photos :hdu: Now I'm back being delusional but this must be for Lana. Lassonita is coming:whip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Chemtrails is top 3 Lana for me… and don’t yell at me but breaking up slowly is a good song even if Nikki lane sounds like that on it. This Taylor release just makes me wish Lasso wasn’t so far out…

1 hour ago, Obduration said:

Chemtrails is top 3 Lana for me… and don’t yell at me but breaking up slowly is a good song even if Nikki lane sounds like that on it. This Taylor release just makes me wish Lasso wasn’t so far out…

It's crazy. We're getting Billie, Lipa, Beyonce and Taylor all within a month. Ariana, Musgraves right before.

But for Lana we have to wait till September (if even that, knowing her).

That said, as long as the album delivers, I don't care when it comes out. I just need one good single by the summer.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

It's crazy. We're getting Billie, Lipa, Beyonce and Taylor all within a month. Ariana, Musgraves right before.

But for Lana we have to wait till September (if even that, knowing her).

That said, as long as the album delivers, I don't care when it comes out. I just need one good single by the summer.

Maybe that’s for the best. Lana could get easily drowned in the sea of radio pop releases. By September, most of these new releases will have settled down, end of summer depression will have started hitting and lana will come for our souls

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Omg the Neil deserts photos :hdu: Now I'm back being delusional but this must be for Lana. Lassonita is coming:whip:

Omg where?

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

18 minutes ago, The last one dying said:

What are the chances of her singing a song from Lasso tonight?

Not getting my hopes up, but Nikki Lane is on her way to the desert :ma: