Elle

Lana Del Rey attends the 2024 Met Gala

Some popular Met Gala insider/update pages, including theofficialgala on Instagram and 21metgala on X, have stated that Lana Del Rey has been invited to the upcoming Met Gala, taking place on May 6th, 2024 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
Lana has previously attended the Met Gala in 2012 & 2018.

Note that the official guest list has not yet been released and as for now this is only rumoured, and Lana receiving and invite doesn’t necessarily mean she will choose to attend

IMG-0197 IMG-0199

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I mean…she has to go after the insane year she’s had. And to keep up with the outings she’s had in 2024 alone! It was also 6 years between her two times at the Met Gala and has been 6 years since her last time attending, so….🤞

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

I’ll bet she is invited this year and I even think she’ll prob go! Would love her to do something really left-field for her fashion wise. What’s the theme this year again ?

I think it’s “sleeping beauties”!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, The Grants said:

this is a remind for all of you that this ig account was right a total of zero (0) times !

Well just because Lana was invited doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll actually choose to attend :shrug:

I don’t know much about the Instagram page, but the 21metgala page is typically reliable on various events from what I’ve found by following them the past couple of years.

If she is invited, I do hope she’ll choose to attend. The past year has been so major for her, so she deserves the spotlight! Especially since she’s been working with a stylist lately, I can see her serving another beautiful look, perhaps in Vivienne Westwood like for the Clive Davis event x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

oh right!!! Omg I NEED her to go full medieval cosplay princess, like drew barrymore in ever after as imagined by Vivienne Westwood or Rodarte.

or imagine a high fashion reimagining of any of disneys original sleeping beauty looks…

aOaIzH2.gif

13 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

This is such a perfect theme for Lana. The full exhibition and theme is "Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion" which would play into the vintage looks Lana has always loved. She would serve in an archival piece, but I'd also love to see a more technological or surreal "high fashion" moment. 

It seems like the natural thing for her to attend this year!

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Can’t wait to hear about how Taylor “dragged” her to this too and how she looks “miserable” from her own fanbase :wubna:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

she will go blonde and get our old love back fs :true:

Just now, Mer said:

Can’t wait to hear about how Taylor “dragged” her to this too and how she looks “miserable” from her own fanbase :wubna:

WAIT I CAME HERE TO SAY THISSSS YASSS Taylor HATES her omg... ENEMIES fr honey....... a stan-war is brewing :true:

31 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

I’ll bet she is invited this year and I even think she’ll prob go! Would love her to do something really left-field for her fashion wise. What’s the theme this year again ?

the official dress code is "The Garden Of Time", but i do think it intertwines with the theme of the exhibition (Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion) in the more vintage aspect, so i guess it's all about bringing vintage designs to life with a floral twist

23 minutes ago, Mer said:

oh drag lana at gunpoint if needed, just make her attend :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

mind you shes pretty much "rumoured" to be invited every year because it’s an easy 50/50 chance for the fake insider accounts to be correct

i wouldnt be surprised if she actually was invited this year though seeing how successful her year has been 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

she would slay that theme SO HARD :crying: 

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

I need the stylist who did the Gucci look to pop out for this one. 
I want her in some archive pieces. She has the money to get them idk why we never see her in vintage stuff 

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."