Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

I too did not understand the 7 piano ballad run until yesterday. Everything about yesterday’s performance was pure LANA DEL REY. The hope outro with her spinning in that cage with light beams coming out just tied everything together. The pole dancing with Jon batiste on the keys still as magical as last week with even better vocals. The last outfit giving Elvis and a glimpse of the lasso era. Only people who appreciate real artistry will get it.

Just now, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Am I the only person who gets secondhand embarrassment by how hard her background singers try? Like… screaming and yodeling into the mic doesn’t mean you’re talented :toofunny: i have to mute those moments bc I get embarrassed 

Oh HELL no they slayed

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

15 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

UMMM pop emergency. I have another yap session- I meant to bring this up last night! In without you, both her live vocals and the backing track routinely left out “if you wanna see me fall” and “your love is deadly,” at least this week. 

Do we think she feels uncomfortable singing that now cause they are an unhealthy view of love/indicate abuse, a la “I won’t sing he hit me and it felt like a kiss anymore,” or was she merely trying to avoid controversy?

OR is she taking away the strictly romantic aspect of the song to highlight her using to song to say the fame and money mean nothing without love from family, friends and even the fans and her artistic vision? I lean towards this one frankly, but also think she’s acknowledging love doesn’t involve breaking yourself and that family and friends generally don’t ask for that the way a romantic partner might. I think including the china doll line but not “if you want to see me fall” is saying, yes I can be a fragile, vulnerable person but I won’t let that be taken advantage of. Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness. 

orrrr am i overthinking and it’s a fluke?

(psa: i don’t think those lines glamorize abuse. they’re also some of my favorite lyrics)

it's like I mentioned before, the core of this performance is in qftc and the consequences of fame theme she's been touching on the last albums. I definitely think she sent a message there too and it made me think she flipped the meaning to talk directly to the fans and the media, it makes total sense as an opener when you see it that way.

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, takemybreath said:

+

8jn31j.jpg

439586170-428885043169052-46400916353920

+

Coachella-Festival-041924-5.jpg

Coachella-Festival-041924-6.jpg

Snapinsta-app-439318223-1159676898715947

Snapinsta-app-439645122-749414787173475-

Snapinsta-app-439670629-1155909632434860

Snapinsta-app-439646719-1848684392266579

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

I went last night and it was SO special...

the crowd went INSANE when she came out with the Veil,

girls were crying and screaming !!!

and to "My My, Hey Hey" Neil young out of the blue into the black rock and roll is here to stay song.. it was SO iconic... 

also from a crowd view, the backup singers were FANTASTIC they helped bring so much beauty to her performance 

Camillo was cringe to me but the crowd seemed pleased, especially those that aren't LDR Stans. 

The leather men carrying her off during Hope was SO SEXY AND HOT.. and then she came out in the leather "lasso" looking type dress and veil, we were gagged. 

Her and Jon Batiste were MAGICAL AF. and her going to the stripper pole during Candy Necklace was ICONIC AFFFF the crowd was screaming so hard and it kinda low-key is like "yes she can go back to stripping and singing about how she wants or wanted to be loved without being criticized as feigning fragility or glamor" so as a die hard fan since 2014 it really is impressive how far she has come in confidence 

As far as the without you lyrics, I didn't notice her leaving the "your love is deadly" out but she was overcome with nerves before, she stood for like a 30 seconds - minute meditating almost on stage 

anyways, 10/10 might be her best performance ever

also can we talk about the dancers and the backing vocalists oufits for a second too?? the cuntery of it all, I loved their outfits so much

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Made the trip to Coachella just for Lana and back to LA all in one day, so I'm just now waking up but wow… :crai:

I haven't seen Lana since the NFR tour in 2019 and while the set hasn't changed much in structure, it was still such a new feeling to see her last night. There is a new energy to her- she is so much lighter, she has learned a lot about herself in the past few years I think. It was fun to watch her riff on stage and enjoy playing music with her friends, and on top of that she looked beautiful and was serving that gorgeous dark aesthetic.  

I was close to the front and to hear everyone singing Arcadia and Tunnel made me so emotional - and you could tell it made her feel so seen and loved. I don't know how to explain it but she just seems so much more at peace since the last time I saw her. 

The show just felt so personal, something that only Lana can pull off on such a large stage like Coachella. I have so much more to say but I am exhausted and brainrotted - just wanted to share how lovely it was to see Lana last night. 

I know people also weren't happy with the Camila guest spot, but Lana was having a blast, plus it was a super fun dance moment not gonna lie. Overall just such a great night and I can't thank Lana enough for everything. Seeing her at Coachella was a dream of mine for so many years and I'm so happy that I got to see it through. :wub:

8V7Yvel.png

In case anyone wants to download the audio... :bebe: I'll try to make a remastered version later

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I never liked Camila, and honestly, for very unfair reasons (she reminds me of a cousin I have who has bad BO) 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I loved all the attention to detail, like during the transition/intro to Ocean Blvd, that was the instrumental theme from the soap opera The Young & the Restless playing under the voiceover about the tunnel... a lovely way to connect that song with Candy Necklace ("you've been actin young and restless"). 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

9 minutes ago, BoardingSchool said:

I loved all the attention to detail, like during the transition/intro to Ocean Blvd, that was the instrumental theme from the soap opera The Young & the Restless playing under the voiceover about the tunnel... a lovely way to connect that song with Candy Necklace ("you've been actin young and restless"). 

Ohhh this is a great thing to pick up on!! 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

38 minutes ago, takemybreath said:

Coachella-Festival-041924-5.jpg

this is the cuntier version of that stunning photo from interview magazine (by nadia lee cohen) and the new wallpaper on my laptop ehehehe

SFP2h.gif

22 minutes ago, Mer said:

I never liked Camila, and honestly, for very unfair reasons (she reminds me of a cousin I have who has bad BO

:eartha: don't worry tho there's plenty of fair reasons to dislike fadmila - her being an untalented, plagiarist, n-word speaking, racist turd, for example