Rorman Nockwell

The Courtney Love is Over Thread

Inspired by @Veinsineon

Courtney used to be cool. I like Hole. I think Celebrity Skin is a brilliant album.

But not anymore. Not after TODAY.

Love has even soured on Lana Del Rey, whom she once called one of the only “two true musical geniuses” next to her late husband Kurt Cobain: “I haven’t liked Lana since she covered a John Denver song, and I think she should really take seven years off. Up until ‘Take Me Home Country Roads’ I thought she was great.”

https://consequence.net/2024/04/courtney-love-taylor-swift-not-important/

I mean imagine saying that ^ about your friend. That is just plain mean.

Lana once lent Courtney her entire house so she could recover from whatever the fuck addiction she had at that particular time.

Fuck HER

ETA: also she's just really, really wrong. Even if the Country Roads cover was the worst cover that ever covered, it doesn't negate the artist's entire body of work. She of all people should realise this.

ETA2: also saying Taylor "isn't important" is actual brain rot. Even if you despise her and her music, she absolutely IS important, she literally contributes to a country's actual economy when she tours. Important =/= having to like her music or like her.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

My dad is a full time believer in the conspiracy theory that Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain. True? Idk but Courtney Love seems like a cunt so i’ll believe it…

Spoiler

Also not important? Lol unfortunately Taylor is important, but not interesting? ABSOLUTELY LMAO

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I wonder if she and sis had a falling out or if this just came out of the blue

She seems really fickle and difficult to get along with, so I would not be surprised if it's the latter. As far as I can tell, even her relationship with Frances is patchy

Either way it sucks for Lana. Finding out that a friend is not a friend is very hurtful.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

23 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Maybe she's just bitter about this

Lana del Rey's new man is Courtney Love's ex - Jack Donoghue

i thought this was lucky blue smith :toofunny:

anyway i am over courtney doing this all the time like i can’t remember the last time i heard her name that wasnt something similar 

giphy.gif

after everything lana’s done for her… if i were an artist in the music industry, you best believe i would NEVER say it if i disliked when of their songs. although i highly doubt this came out of nowhere. there had to be some sort of falling out or another issue she has with lana 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

I wonder what happened for her to switch up and be sorta mean? I think possibly 2 things:

1) Jack Donoghue being Courtneys Ex 

2) Journalist and Editor, Lynn Hirschberg, was seen at a dinner with Lana for W Magazine... Lynn was a MAJOR critic of Courtney Love and wrote very damaging things about Love in the 90s which caused Courtney to be removed as parental guardian upon the birth of Francis Bean Cobain...... 

not cool for lana to be hanging with her, but at the same time maybe Lana had no idea or Lynn was trying to cozy up to Lana at this very public event sponsor dinner for W Magazine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Hirschberg

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

I wonder what happened for her to switch up and be sorta mean? I think possibly 2 things:

1) Jack Donoghue being Courtneys Ex 

2) Journalist and Editor, Lynn Hirschberg, was seen at a dinner with Lana for W Magazine... Lynn was a MAJOR critic of Courtney Love and wrote very damaging things about Love in the 90s which caused Courtney to be removed as parental guardian upon the birth of Francis Bean Cobain...... 

not cool for lana to be hanging with her, but at the same time maybe Lana had no idea or Lynn was trying to cozy up to Lana at this very public event sponsor dinner for W Magazine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Hirschberg

ah. i think i may have figured out why

live through this 30 year anniversary was the day lana headlined and nobody gave a fuck

giphy.gif

she been saying shit its kinda the reason I love her :true: she got that uncompromisable legacy she's kinda like an older generation's Grimes (even tho Grimes' was compromised :rip:)

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Real friends would support each other even if they made something they aren’t personally a fan of. Not liking a random cover is weird thing to end a friendship over. Idk a ton about Courtney though

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Courtney is obviously just jealous that Lana has found such success doing something Courtney has been trying to do since the early 90s. 

Idk why she is choosing to publicly declare it in this way, it comes off as very immature and disrespectful. And telling someone they need to take 7 years off is a bold move for someone who has a blurry profile picture on Spotify😭 

Don’t get me wrong tho I LOVE Courtney and if the music is inspired by Lana I’m even more excited for the record… 

Btw Take Me Home outsold and out streamed LITERALLY every single solo song Courtney has ever done (Not that streams matter:aubrey:)

Also didn’t Courtney take credit for exposing Lana to Joni??? So why would Courtney suddenly dislike Lana doing her own interpretation of a country/folk classic