Rorman Nockwell

The Courtney Love is Over Thread

Lol she trashes the NFR album cover in that interview, which is funny tbh, but she praises that album a lot.

But idk, I can't really keep up with people who do so many backflips like her. I've always liked Courtney from afar, but have been wary not to find out too much about her :toofunny: And I still think she's a toxic friend sorry not sorry

I heard we were trashing Courtney so wanted to share a little story from back in the day :teehee:

My boyfriend worked for a radio station in Kansas City back in 2012, and there was a festival that summer and Hole was the headliner. Majority of the people that bought tickets were going for Hole. Months and months go by. Everything is good. People are getting so excited to see them. The actual DAY of the festival, Courtney canceled. She just didn’t wanna show up. Not for any particular reason, just cause she didn’t want to. Cause ‘Punk Rock’, I guess? :wtf3:

Since hearing that story I really have no respect for her lol. They ended up bringing in Garbage to headline at least but yeah she’s just infamous for disappointing people and being incredibly unreliable.

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

17 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

she says a lot of important things about Lana, does anyone have a transcript?

Transcript of Courtney Love's Women on BBC Radio: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001y3tq

Trying my best to hear what she says, I know some things are incorrect so any corrections are welcome. And I'd appreciate it if any Joni Mitchell fans could help me with the mentioned albums because I'm really not familiar with her discography at all. ^^'

Just the parts where she talks about Lana, starting at 26:04:

Big pivot now. So, I didn't rate Lana musically whatsoever. I didn't listen, I heard Video Games on the radio, I thought it was good. I didn't understand the origin story which was- You know, what she did with the trailer park is, in a way, what I do with trailer parks in Alaska, which just have a vision quest[?]. Like. You know, whatever people may think of her going and living in a trailer park and being a bleach blonde, like, and playing indie rock that doesn't work for her. You know, Justin Parker, my co-writer, wrote Born To Die with her. And he told me, and she told Q, "I wrote a hundred-and-sixty-something songs [with] Justin, and we wrote every day", and then she wrote with other [?] and all the same themes. And the same themes, she's writing now. He goes, "she's evolving a lot more, she's really evolving a lot more, she's getting more personal, more back to PJ Harvey in 1993".

[A&W plays]

Lana Del Rey really, really helped saved me. She got me here. I was in a very toxic place and she did real friend things, like, real-life friend things, to help get me the hell out of the hell that I was living in. You know, every day that I was detoxing off of Xanax which- I didn't wanna rehab but I got my own rehab, I got a really good injection doctor, I got a great nurse, I got a [on-]site nurse, I, I got- And I was on this weird drug, you couldn't really move, and Francis couldn't drive. And Lana drove Francis almost every day for 90 days out to Malibu. Also, like, she got me to go on Hinge. That was like one of the dumbest things - yeah! - the dumbest things I've every done in my life! And, by the way, you might- You guys might just appreciate this, within ten minutes I had a fresher [ask me]: "Is this Courtney Love?" Like, how do you know who I am, you're twelve!

Okay. So. I did something for her. She described The Hissing of Summer Lawns to me. I don't like The Hissing of Summer Lawns. But I can remember gentleman David Fricke's review and also non-gentleman Lester Bang's review. And I'm like, "You're talking about Joni Mitchell". She goes, "Yeah, who is that?" And then I said, "My god!". I'm like, "Um, okay, we're gonna deal with this. What Joni do you know?" She's like, "I know Blue?" I'm like, "Okay, it's your day off, I'm gonna change your life". And I bloody well did. She changed mine, and I changed hers. And I went out and I went to every [?] open record store and I bought everything I could get, I got Hejira, I got [?]. She didn't care! She didn't like any of 'em. She liked Ladies of the Canyon, she liked - no - she liked all the same ones as me. She liked Blue, she liked For the Roses, she liked [Morning Mo-what?] All those! She did not like Hejira. And she listened to them and then comes up with Norman effing Rockwell! which is weird in all these ways. Like, why is that fluorescent orang- green on the cover? What-? Okay. But there are so many good songs on that album, it's her finest album to date. And when I heard hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me - and then, why? - "but I have it" because you're Lana and you're optimistic, and I'm Courtney and I'm not, I guess.

[hope is a dangerous thing plays]

She name-checked me and I'm like, "is this going in the act?[?]" Okay. But I will say, she couldn't make friends with Joni, but she did make friends with Joan Baez because Joan Baez is really approchable and cool, and one of my favorite artists, and Joni is just not.

[Dance Till We Die plays]

Elon [Musk], you're not allowed to call me Court, but Lana, you can call me Court.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

25 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Transcript of Courtney Love's Women on BBC Radio: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001y3tq

Trying my best to hear what she says, I know some things are incorrect so any corrections are welcome. And I'd appreciate it if any Joni Mitchell fans could help me with the mentioned albums because I'm really not familiar with her discography at all. ^^'

This isn't the first time when she's talking about how she introducted Joni Mitchell to Lana :mj2:

25 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

"I wrote a hundred-and-sixty-something songs [with] Justin, and we wrote every day", and then she wrote with other [?] and all the same themes. And the same themes, she's writing now. He goes, "she's evolving a lot more, she's really evolving a lot more, she's getting more personal, more back to PJ Harvey in 1993".

Is this about a Lana interview? She wrote 160ish song with Justin Parker? For Born To Die!? :wat: ALSO JUSTIN PARKER COMPARED LANA TO PJ HARVEY!? HELL YES MY QUEENS :oprah9:

url%5D

19 minutes ago, Embach said:

Is this about a Lana interview? She wrote 160ish song with Justin Parker? For Born To Die!? :wat: ALSO JUSTIN PARKER COMPARED LANA TO PJ HARVEY!? HELL YES MY QUEENS :oprah9:

Wait until someone else double checks what I wrote, I dunno if I heard everything right but that’s what it sounded like to me! :cuteface:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Beautiful Loser said:

thanks! :worship:

I’m a huge fan of Courtney’s art but she has always been a fickle person. However, I might get grated for this opinion but I’ve always felt that Lana initially befriended her because of her fascination with Kurt Cobain, and not necessarily Courtney’s own art. It was obvious Courtney would shit talk one day, that’s what she always does. Sean Lennon is another example of someone she befriended out of her love for his parents. I’m not saying she’s wrong to do that but I mean, Courtney comes with drama and always will. 

Tbh, I feel like it would suck to be friends with most of our idols, I wouldn’t follow anyone promoting Judah Smith in my real life for example. 

*insert that one meme here where two surgeons lie on the ground exhausted and the caption says “separating the art from the artist”*

I would also like to add that Courtney Love has been over for more than thirty years. In fact, she was over before she even began. There was never a time she was not over. A cult favorite, sure, and a favorite of mine, too. But never a good overall image in mainstream media. She has a terrible personality and it’s fun to see its emanations in her art which I think is genius. But she’s nobody’s friend. Not even her own. Name dropping her is cool and all but she will turn on anyone soon enough 

On 4/16/2024 at 12:23 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Inspired by @Veinsineon

Courtney used to be cool. I like Hole. I think Celebrity Skin is a brilliant album.

But not anymore. Not after TODAY.

https://consequence.net/2024/04/courtney-love-taylor-swift-not-important/

I mean imagine saying that ^ about your friend. That is just plain mean.

Lana once lent Courtney her entire house so she could recover from whatever the fuck addiction she had at that particular time.

Fuck HER

ETA: also she's just really, really wrong. Even if the Country Roads cover was the worst cover that ever covered, it doesn't negate the artist's entire body of work. She of all people should realise this.

ETA2: also saying Taylor "isn't important" is actual brain rot. Even if you despise her and her music, she absolutely IS important, she literally contributes to a country's actual economy when she tours. Important =/= having to like her music or like her.

I think this is  all being blown out of proportion- Courtney has always been a rude, blatant person- I doubt she puts too much stock in what Courtney says.

I would assume she meant musically she doesn’t like some of the later Lana stuff that has been shown for her new country  direction.

Taylor isn’t important musically considering her fame status- she hasn’t influenced any big sonic changes, hasn’t had any big artists who were majorly influenced and delivered amazing records.

4 hours ago, lili said:

I’m a huge fan of Courtney’s art but she has always been a fickle person. However, I might get grated for this opinion but I’ve always felt that Lana initially befriended her because of her fascination with Kurt Cobain, and not necessarily Courtney’s own art. It was obvious Courtney would shit talk one day, that’s what she always does. Sean Lennon is another example of someone she befriended out of her love for his parents. I’m not saying she’s wrong to do that but I mean, Courtney comes with drama and always will. 

Tbh, I feel like it would suck to be friends with most of our idols, I wouldn’t follow anyone promoting Judah Smith in my real life for example. 

*insert that one meme here where two surgeons lie on the ground exhausted and the caption says “separating the art from the artist”*

I think they became friends after Lana covered Heart Shaped Box and Courtney tweeted her that it was about her vagina

I could be wrong though

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Not that we are all need to see women at the same level but when Britney and Madonna were at the top- the women were following and taking inspiration but that’s just not happening with Taylor in pop- she’s taking inspo from other women which shouldn’t be the case when she’s now the ringleader as of 2022-24

3 minutes ago, partymonster said:

courtney love is literally insane and will be praising lana again in 6 months, anything that comes out of her mouth is not worth an 8 page thread on any website at all :toofunny:

The thread was lit and I had a ball

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream