rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

13 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Here is another “demo” of the song. It seems like that majority of the songwriting credits come from all the people that wrote the chorus.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8-Gf6JuaFW

Okay but so what was Clay’s contribution here? Isn’t this pretty much the same lyrics/melody as from the audio recording Clay posted? Did Clay write this with Maddox? On the 5th slide in Maddox’s Insta post there is a group of men with him (maybe the other credited writers?) clearly working on the song, but in the caption he says he wrote it about his dad. It could be Clay in the bottom right corner of the picture but I’m just guessing. I have so many questions lol

can’t get over how catchy this is :wubna:

in my head, i group this song with likeeee High by the Beach, Peppers, Summer Bummer, and Diet Mountain Dew….all catchy, melodic trappy/poppy songs that aren’t lyrical powerhouses but soo infectious 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

The outro is so good but it sounds so out of place :toofloppy:

they seemed to add a shit ton of reverb to her voice on that very last ‘tough’ idk it’s weird. The whole track goes up in volume just for the outro. 

tbh I think the song could be a couple seconds longer to let everything breath. It just goes and goes, there isn’t one second to sit with the instrumental. 

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The outro is so good but it sounds so out of place :toofloppy:

they seemed to add a shit ton of reverb to her voice on that very last ‘tough’ idk it’s weird. The whole track goes up in volume just for the outro. 

tbh I think the song could be a couple seconds longer to let everything breath. It just goes and goes, there isn’t one second to sit with the instrumental. 

dude, be happy we even have an outro, and even a bridge. Songs are getting shorter and shorter

48 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

Okay but so what was Clay’s contribution here? Isn’t this pretty much the same lyrics/melody as from the audio recording Clay posted? Did Clay write this with Maddox? On the 5th slide in Maddox’s Insta post there is a group of men with him (maybe the other credited writers?) clearly working on the song, but in the caption he says he wrote it about his dad. It could be Clay in the bottom right corner of the picture but I’m just guessing. I have so many questions lol

Someone posted this a few pages back but it looks like the chorus actually originally came from this songwriter Elyssey. She posted her orignal concept yesterday. All these people seem to have contributed to the chorus at some point too Nick Bailey, Josh Dorr, Benny Negrin, and Jaxson Free. Since Maddox didn’t tag Clay in his post, I guess he really didn’t contribute that much to the song except for maybe altering the melody slightly and presenting it to Lana. It’s hard to know for sure though. 

The song has been on repeat today, it's so catchy and fun. It embraces that kind of "traditional", perhaps "stereotypical" American country-side life with family & friends type quite well lyrically and visually in that music video. I love to watch it all the time, especially because of Lana's and Quavo's chemistry. She looks super beautiful in those scenes, especially the black jacket scene, where she's just stunning! One of my favorite music videos for sure, I'd like to see that on TV music channels and also the song in local radios! The bridge is a killer, it really reminds me of Born To Die/Paradise era, it's so high and ethereal, just so gorgeous. Especially with her vocals. I'd like to see more vibes like these in Lasso and other songs! I loved how Quavo's and Lana's vocals melt so sweetly and smoothly in the chorus part, when they sing together. I kinda found Quavo's autotuned "grandpa's glass" and "brr brr" part funny, not gonna lie, hahah. :omfg2:

url%5D

I can’t stop listening :oprah:

𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

★★ 

5 minutes ago, fresh out of fucks forever said:

So has anyone figured out wth she’s saying at minute 1:38 :usrsney:

no but the way she says it is so hot 

Just now, Deadly Nightshade said:

I can’t stop listening :oprah:

same im scared ill over play, i actually played a&w so many times in one day like A LOT that it's actually been stuck on my number one song for like a year now:bebe:

1 minute ago, darknight said:

no but the way she says it is so hot 

same im scared ill over play, i actually played a&w so many times in one day like A LOT that it's actually been stuck on my number one song for like a year now:bebe:

and i don't even play it anymore, rarely