rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - RELEASE TBA

When Doin Time came out, we initially thought it was just for the Sublime documentary -  it was then tacked onto NFR and kind of became the album’s most commercial song.

I’m wondering if that’s the case here. Lasso was done, and then by happenstance, she linked up with Quavo and they made the song. So, like Doin Time, perhaps the song just kind of came out of nowhere and she felt it could go on the album. 

59 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

When Doin Time came out, we initially thought it was just for the Sublime documentary -  it was then tacked onto NFR and kind of became the album’s most commercial song.

I’m wondering if that’s the case here. Lasso was done, and then by happenstance, she linked up with Quavo and they made the song. So, like Doin Time, perhaps the song just kind of came out of nowhere and she felt it could go on the album. 

that's what I was thinking 

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

There’s no way she’s doing a full on country album with a random hip hop collab on it. Wouldn’t make sense. Assuming it is for Lasso, expect a few more songs with that kind of energy in that case

I wonder if lasso is a red herring and we're actually getting lust for life (Side-B) /j

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I wonder if lasso is a red herring and we're actually getting lust for life (Side-B) /j

more like blue banisters b side girl no shade

5 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

There’s no way she’s doing a full on country album with a random hip hop collab on it. Wouldn’t make sense. Assuming it is for Lasso, expect a few more songs with that kind of energy in that case

yall rlly expect that album to be full country after all the looks shes been serving lately and this collab...?its prob gon be a trap-hop country or smth

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

:eartha:

I'm just thinking.... This has to be a Quavo track after all.

Lana's never dropped a feature as a first single. 

Also, he's much more prominent in the sample we got.

Let's not overhype this for Lasso so we don't get disappointed.

If the insider said it might be on Lasso doesn't that mean that it was always Lana feat. Quavo AKA a Lana song? Why would she put someone else's song she's only featured on on her own album? Although I wouldnt put it past her now that I think about it

3 minutes ago, honey dew said:

If the insider said it might be on Lasso doesn't that mean that it was always Lana feat. Quavo AKA a Lana song? Why would she put someone else's song she's only featured on on her own album? Although I wouldnt put it past her now that I think about it

She'd never do that, periodt. Nobody's ever done that.

What did the insider say exactly when they were talking about Tough?

30 minutes ago, barttttender said:

She'd never do that, periodt. Nobody's ever done that.

What did the insider say exactly when they were talking about Tough?

They said that Lana recorded back in February a 3 minute song with Quavo and that it might make it into the album (Lana's) .

Then they recently posted some lyrics and confirmed the title.

I feel like it's too much of a coincidence that the lyrics and visuals (so far) are giving Lasso to not be for Lana's record (unless she wants to have a cohesive era even with the collabs before the album)

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, honey dew said:

Yes, but people are just in denial :oprah4:.

The leaker also said it’s a country (rap/trap) song, but people ignore that and keep saying it’s solely a hip-hop song. Qu4vo posting that video of L4na in the field playing guitar basically confirmed it’s “country”, but people ignore that too, saying it’s for other videos and projects despite the caption above in huge letters saying “Tough!” :toofunny:. The leaker also leaked the title “Tough”, which is basically confirmed atp, so they are not lying. And I don’t think Qu4vo is doing country music or has plans to release a country album. The only person doing that in this collab is L4na.

25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

They said that Lana recorded back in February a 3 minute song with Quavo and that it might make it into the album (Lana's) .

Then they recently posted some lyrics and confirmed the title.

I feel like it's too much of a coincidence that the lyrics and visuals (so far) are giving Lasso to not be for Lana's record (unless she wants to have a cohesive era even with the collabs before the album)

Well, Feb makes sense as that when she was hanging with Quavo a lot. Clearly, she liked the track since she's doing an MV for it, so it has to be on Lasso. 

Unless the insider is wrong. But let's trust them.

7 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

Hmm maybe next means next week so they have time to edit the visuals… I’m sure Lana won’t release anything this week with Billie having a new album coming out. 

No way can they edit the visuals in a week tho. 

And like someone say she won't drop anything new amid Billie's new album rollout.

I reckon we'll get the trailer for Tough! ala Chemtrails trailer 3 weeks from now. And then the single + MV drop in a month or a little over (mid-June), whether the track is his or hers.