shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

27 minutes ago, TheDragonslayer said:

in my head they both did their own version of “Nancy & Lee” on those nights at the Nightbird :wub:

Nancy & Lee | Amazon.com.br

the way they are literally Sid & Nancy for our generation is almost insane :shock2:

2 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

Since ur here post those ogs 

not THE carcase asking for 111 ogs... :wowcry: love you king now leak pretty when u cry video

Spoiler

in my DMs :sass:

i think its time for us to stop treating insiders as deities and treat them for what they should be… our servants :hair:

and also for giving me Margaret

2 minutes ago, gucciovermybody said:

idk if ure the zodiac one but girl there r like 5 ppl with this in hands GIVE UP its time to let go sometimes

im not, also sorry I dont use this site very often so I didnt know:defeated:

and I think that new uv outtakes would be more interesting :smile4:

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Black Beauty (Radio Mix) when.

we already have that right? i have "radio edit" version in my itunes

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, meIanchoIia said:

im not, also sorry I dont use this site very often so I didnt know:defeated:

and I think that new uv outtakes would be more interesting :smile4:

almost all of the new ones are not in circulation im sorray girl

giphy.gif

i think BTD had more impact on the music industry while UV had more of a widespread cultural impact on fans and pop culture. BTD is iconic but when i think of trends & tumblr/the internet for example, UV had more influence.

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

That yellow picture... It's Neil footage isn't it? Lana never bothered to go beyond B&W or Sepia filters we know that! Whatever it is, looks interesting! And it does fit better with the "West Coast Home Made" video than the Pretty When You Cry snippet. Thanks 4 sharing.

About Ultraviolence... I'm quite shocked to look back and realize, for real, it's been 10 years! 10 years of "It's gonna be released in may" "Me & Dan are excited to present you Ultraviolence" "Down on the west coast they got a sayin' billboard"... because everything feels like yesterday??

To be fair, at first I had a hard time with Ultraviolence. I was still too in-love with the bombastic-cinematic-silkwrapped-hip-hop-orchestral-strings-vibes of Born To Die to let it go, even after Paradise (which nowadays, as much as I adore it, feels like an overkill (complimentary), but I'll leave that for another day). To get this hazy, dark, turbulent, noisy, lofi, rockish album without much resembling its precedent was... too overwhelming, I think? I was also just a teenager who listened to nothing but pop music ok?? but back then, we were also getting 10x new unreleaseds per week so it was... easy to ignore the album?? Pairing the music and the "lack" of visuals when compared to Born To Die, it was easy to brush it away. I remember keeping Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Brooklyn Baby, Old Money, Money Power & Glory and the title track.

Then, the leaks were drying up, Honeymoon was coming up and I remember this very awkward drought from my favorite artists, and decided to just get back into Ultraviolence. And then step by step I saw and felt the record just unravelling right in my ears, how atmospheric it is, the endless layers that were always present, just not in--your-face... and how beautiful it really is; the world building, the synesthesia of it all. I can assure you that opening up to Ultraviolence was also important for me to finally open up to endless worlds of music out there and meet many new genres and artists.

Lana Del Rey Teases New Song “West Coast” In Las Vegas ...

Imagem

February_6_2014_Leav-16.jpg

The scrapped Tropico album (pics taken from tiktok) : r/lanadelrey