Sign in to follow this  
AllHisCandyNecklaces

Lana Del Rey interviewed by BBC News about Taylor and the success of “The Eras Tour”

6 minutes ago, Nectar Of The Puss said:

Mediocre performer 

her most recent TTPD set is filled with choreography, the emotion in the smallest man who ever lived is unmatched. She’s been going at it since fearless tour with outfit changes, amazing production and everything. I would rather this than some rapper prancing on stage or hate to say it but Lana swaying about and the occasional pole dance

mediocre vocalist

Jude because she can’t do a whistle note doesn’t mean she’s a bad singer. She can belt like an actual god, has amazing range and all around sounds pleasant and has shows how her voice has developed over her career.

caring about charts and revenue

why do people hate on people for doing their job? Her job is to be a performer the best way to be at the top of your game is to literally be on top. In every job there’s a top and everyone wants to be there or exceed it so why care so much of Taylor does it. 

Not making high quality art or bodies of work because she puts out too much

when has she ever missed with an album? Literally never, she’s always out doing herself. Bit rich coming from a Lana fan when she realises stuff straight from her voice memos. (Still love love love Lana, just different artistry styles and I would prefer Taylor’s more in this case). Her albums are always planned in the most insane and unmatched ways and is proven to be good through having the most album of the year awards. Yes TTPD is long, but it doesn’t mean it’s unnecessary and poor work. All artists have songs that aren’t on an album, Taylor had I think over 100 (could definitely be wrong) for 1989 OG. None of the anthology tracks are a miss theure just not for the average Taylor listener that really shouldn’t be having such a strong opinion on Taylor’s work when they don’t have a good enough grasp of what they’re talking about.

yes I brought out the paragraphs and not beating that crazy swiftie shit. But did I lie? These statements aren’t even music taste based like the usual “her music sounds shit” coming from a rap fan. It’s just straight up hating for no reason 

🫶

IMG-0986.png

IMG-1257.gif

guys, don't overreact about her being asked about taylor in this particular instance.

it's annoying when they use people's interview to discuss other artists, but this wasn't the case here. they were writing an article about taylor, and got people who know/admire her to say a few words, which is a very common practice. lana's 2023 harper's baazar interview had quotes from david lynch, john waters, joan baez... it's just not a big deal lol

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a45862475/lana-del-rey-interview-2023/

3 minutes ago, World At War said:

guys, don't overreact about her being asked about taylor in this particular instance.

it's annoying when they use people's interview to discuss other artists, but this wasn't the case here. they were writing an article about taylor, and got people who know/admire her to say a few words, which is a very common practice. lana's 2023 harper's baazar interview had quotes from david lynch, john waters, joan baez... it's just not a big deal lol

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a45862475/lana-del-rey-interview-2023/

yeah, i agree that the constant taylor questions are kinda annoying but people are overreacting in this case :awkney:

i get that it’s an article about taylor so at least it makes more sense contextually, but it’s more so just the media being more interested in asking lana about taylor rubs me the wrong way. Idc which artist it is, it would be just as disrespectful for the media to ask taylor about lana more than herself or anyone else’s music. We’ve heard them ask lana about taylor more than lana about lana the past half year or so. It’s fair to partially blame lana for the lack of info about her music bc she’s capable of talking about it herself, but just seems common courtesy 

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

i'm just commenting so i can get in before the lock.

also Taylor Swift is lowkey overrated.

giphy.gif

Idk when it became cool to pretended like you’re not ambitious or don’t care about success. 

I wonder if everyone dragging Taylor for being chart/power hungry in this thread also lack drive and ambition in their own professional lives :hillary:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Just now, Mer said:

Idk when it became cool to pretended like you’re not ambitious or don’t care about success. 

I wonder if everyone dragging Taylor for being chart/power hungry on this thread also lack drive and ambition in their own professional lives :hillary:

there’s a clear distinction with being ambitious and being flat-out greedy. you can be greedy, there’s nothing wrong with that, but i just hate how taylor acts like she’s oblivious to what she’s doing and acts like the victim despite being a billionaire… like just admit it

I really don't doubt that Lana respects Taylor's drive or that their friendship is genuine (if casual) but everything tells me she doesn't particularly rate her as an artist... which is fine and not a big deal... both the people convinced she secretly hates Taylor and the people who think they have some amazing bond are just writing stories atp

5 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Ohhh Tayrat stans… you’re not safe outside of your containment thread I fear :ma:

We aren’t safe in our thread either😭 Some of you guys (specifically you and a few others) are insanely obsessed with her in a  weird hater way that I will never understand. I hate to pull out the misogynistic card but the way you guys act about Taylor specifically is very weird. And the fact you guys think Lana is constantly showing shade at Taylor is weird. Lana just talks like that. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting it. 

and I’m not gonna say anything else cause you guys just get really mean when it comes to Taylor and her fans on this forum:toofunny:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・