Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

Just now, trust no terrence said:

OMG :crying5: what?

Like i said im really sorry i even asked if that was his middle name i should’ve done more research and found it myself instead of coming on here and asking. I apologize. Lana isn’t in danger, he himself isn’t physically abusive from what I’ve gathered. 
he has family members who were arrested for DV though. 

1 hour ago, MrFameKills said:

It's sort of funny this whole situation (and everything involving celebs), because i'm sure most of you if not all could get immensely judged for decisions you've made in your lives too especially concerning relationships

:hillary:

Nah I'm pretty sure most (hopefully ALL) of the people here don't think that trans women should be assaulted for using the bathroom

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The thing is some of you are insulting towards her and that's really WEIRD bc those disgusting ideas/beliefs come from her man, not her. I know that sucks bc she married an asshole like him, but you guys need to stop calling her a "stupid b*tch" and stuff, it's giving misogyny.

You can express disappointment but you can't be disrepectful towards her. If this hurts you to the point that you can't help but calling her names, get out of this thread, you have nothing to do here.

16a1dcc235b38a458399e0c761c6a1282ffd4a92
IRENE & SEULGI

a few thoughts:

whats so crazy about her wanting her things gone from the house? I wouldn't want my bfs ex’s stuff laying around our place. would you?

second, i have a few people in my family that have made very questionable relationship decisions. does that mean i have decided to cut them off? no. 

third, the reason you’re all so upset by this is because you’re far too attached to a famous person. if this is making you irrationally angry or upset, log off and go take a walk outside. if you turned your phone off, this woman would barely exist to you. 

also, it seems that the ex’s own biological daughter didn’t want anything to do with her. AND the ex literally left her daughter to live in texas bc her relationship with jeremy wasn’t working out. she doesn’t seem like a good person anyway. 

37 minutes ago, KeiichiDelRey said:

The thing is some of you are insulting towards her and that's really WEIRD bc those disgusting ideas/beliefs come from her man, not her. I know that sucks bc she married an asshole like him, but you guys need to stop calling her a "stupid b*tch" and stuff, it's giving misogyny.

You can express disappointment but you can't be disrepectful towards her. If this hurts you to the point that you can't help but calling her names, get out of this thread, you have nothing to do here.

oh please y’all need to stop using buzz words out of context, learn the meaning of misogyny before using it in a sentence. yes some of us are disappointed and vocal about it because we have friends who are trans or some of us (not myself but it shouldn’t really matter) are trans. these people have invested time and spent money and energy on her, on attending shows and supporting her art. it might come as a surprise to you but some marginalised communities and minorities DO indeed feel emotionally involved with the artists they support more than your average cis-het white Jane/John Doe because the mere fact of our existence is constantly questioned and at risk so no, it’s not easy to just be like “oh I supported this artist for 13 years of my life and I’m only now finding out she married an openly violent transphobic ass, but no biggie, it’s not her, it’s him”. And who are you to tell us we have nothing to do here just because you can’t handle the heat? Yes she a dumb btch I’ll say it again

Something that hasn‘t been mentioned yet, if you can believe it, is that her political shift (or lack thereof who knows) is actually benefitting her career. I noticed how when she started hanging out with some people and interacting with people like Morgan Wallen, was right around the time her instagram posts started getting a lot more likes and her monthly listeners increased and everything. The MAGA crowd likes people who dont speak on politics or shill Dump at every opportunity, so while there may be backlash from established fans I think she won‘t feel any of it because they‘ll all be replaced by this new crop of fans who now like her because she is with someone like her husband. Like when people like HRH Collection are your fans you know something is wrong. Sad to think about really.

9 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

oh please y’all need to stop using buzz words out of context, learn the meaning of misogyny before using it in a sentence. yes some of us are disappointed and vocal about it because we have friends who are trans or some of us (not myself but it shouldn’t really matter) are trans. these people have invested time and spent money and energy on her, on attending shows and supporting her art. it might come as a surprise to you but some marginalised communities and minorities DO indeed feel emotionally involved with the artists they support more than your average cis-het white Jane/John Doe because the mere fact of our existence is constantly questioned and at risk so no, it’s not easy to just be like “oh I supported this artist for 13 years of my life and I’m only now finding out she married an openly violent transphobic ass, but no biggie, it’s not her, it’s him”. And who are you to tell us we have nothing to do here just because you can’t handle the heat? Yes she a dumb btch I’ll say it again

Have you considered that the world doesn't revolve around trans people?

Guys please let's stop with politics, the points have been made hundreds of times and they're all clear :eartha: 

let's just think about our own lives, go out and do something, there's so much to enjoy and to be happy about in the world!! :monica::oprah9:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

2 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

You're wayyyy too involved into this... Nobody forced you or your friends to "invest time and spend money and energy on her" (?). Like I'm telling you this for your own good...
And no, I don't use "buzz words" out of context, blaming/insulting a woman bc of her man isn't very feminist-friendly.
Anyways, you're upset, we can tell, you've been ranting non-stop since this week-end, so there's no point in talking with you. You just want everybody here to feel the same as you do, you just want to be comforted in the decision you are making.

I'll keep saying that calling her names looks bad and isn't constructive.

16a1dcc235b38a458399e0c761c6a1282ffd4a92
IRENE & SEULGI

3 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

The irony of saying this to then go on and unleash a litany of misogynistic terminology. For far too long gay men have used their relationship with women as an excuse to coin terms like bitch and Hoe for literally no reason. Because you don’t mean it in a violent or necessarily hateful context does not make the perpetuation of such terms any more acceptable. The fact that most of these gay men then say they love women, and spend half their day on the internet commenting on them makes it all the more concerning.  You’re not exclusive in this conversation, I have trans friends too, aside from the general transphobic slurs you’re complaining about, they’re also called a bitch, skank, whore etc on top of everything else they’re subject to. My trans friends can’t win. Attacked  by words calling them “not a woman”, and then attacked by words designed to dehumanise women. They literally can’t win, and this mindset that is somehow ok to use these words under the guise of flamboyance is helping to project misogyny unto lgbt individuals and they’re biggest ally’s alike. so how’s about taking a  step down from your ivory tower, having a good glimpse at the hypocrisy staring back at from your reflection and stop normalising hate speech in all its forms against people, just because you disagree with their life choices. Or is equality -in its truest sense applicable to all and every demographic imaginable - not actually all that important to you? 

7 minutes ago, J03 said:

The irony of saying this to then go on and unleash a litany of misogynistic terminology. For far too long gay men have used their relationship with women as an excuse to coin terms like bitch and Hoe for literally no reason. Because you don’t mean it in a violent or necessarily hateful context does not make the perpetuation of such terms any more acceptable. The fact that most of these gay men then say they love women, and spend half their day on the internet commenting on them makes it all the more concerning.  You’re not exclusive in this conversation, I have trans friends too, aside from the general transphobic slurs you’re complaining about, they’re also called a bitch, skank, whore etc on top of everything else they’re subject to. My trans friends can’t win. Attacked  by words calling them “not a woman”, and then attacked by words designed to dehumanise women. They literally can’t win, and this mindset that is somehow ok to use these words under the guise of flamboyance is helping to project misogyny unto lgbt individuals and they’re biggest ally’s alike. so how’s about taking a  step down from your ivory tower, having a good glimpse at the hypocrisy staring back at from your reflection and stop normalising hate speech in all its forms against people, just because you disagree with their life choices. Or is equality -in its truest sense applicable to all and every demographic imaginable - not actually all that important to you? 

This ate icl 

7 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

This thread should really be closed tbh, open it back when Chuck releases the photos :crai:

Im surprised it’s lasted this long already :noparty:

616-BEE22-D2-D7-4044-8-F5-B-5-C44-A558-A