Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I find BTD one of her worst videos because she does not look like herself in it. Her face is just so different to how it really looks like... Really weird

I've always thought she looked a little off in the BTD video. Mainly just the bits where she's sitting in the throne. 

i honestly don't think the Love mv is one of her best- to me it aesthetically felt like it was all over the place. I don't want to say it's her worst because it's not bad at all, but I can't think of any of lana's mv s that aren't better than it. I actually like HBTB a lot better than Love....  :$  (just my personal opinion!!!) 

When she said that this album is going to be for the fans and follow the same sound as Love I got a little disappointed but I still have faith in Lana to deliver something great!

I also don't get why everyone drags Honeymoon? It's a beautiful album- there are so many beautiful songs and as a whole it has a very solid atmosphere to it. Like yeah there's zero bops on it but not everything has to be a bop to be good! 

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Honeymoon was inconsistent quality wise. It's my least favorite album by Lana.

I can't listen to it all the way through. The first three tracks and last three tracks of the album were almost completely terrible (with the exception Music To Watch Boys To, which was the best song on the album) and the middle of the album is just monotonous.

I can listen to individual songs from Honeymoon but not the entire project.

i think she's peaked and won't improve creatively or vocally from here on out

I agree. IMO, she peaked sonically with Ultraviolence (mostly because of Dan Auerbach) and lyrically with either AKA or Born To Die (only looking at material that was released). And honestly, it's not that she can't top Ultraviolence, AKA, or Born To Die. It's that she doesn't really seem invested in improving.

It's why I want her to take as long a break as she needs between LDR5 and LDR6 just for her to get that fire back.

giphy.gif

I like the Paradise Edition's heavily edited cover better than the original picture. It's my favorite cover actually. :runs:

omg kween thank you

She's gorgeous either way

For comparison

2z3o03s.jpg

Lana is just at her best when she's storytelling. I don't think she's good at expressing her personal feelings from within, unless she's telling it from a narrator point of view.

storytelling is what she's best at and that's why most of the "surreal" lyrics on hm and uv were kinda disappointing because they were rather about random words than a narrated story. (just to add smth to your point)

i76mrxw.png 

Lana is just at her best when she's storytelling. I don't think she's good at expressing her personal feelings from within, unless she's telling it from a narrator point of view.

storytelling is what she's best at and that's why most of the "surreal" lyrics on hm and uv were kinda disappointing because they were rather about random words than a narrated story. (just to add smth to your point)

Storytelling lyrics >>>>> Surreal lyrics

Born To Die still has her most mature lyrics to me.

shocks me how she's going backwards but LDR5 will change that I think

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

i think everyone can agree on that..though the other woman was really good..just not quite jazzy. but very lana.

and would a song having unreleased status really make it any more or less popular among fans:crossed:

It's more about them not being worthy of an album release at all  :toofunny:

tZ7WN4B.gif

Old Money is really boring and is the worst on UV. 24 and Swan Song should be unreleaseds (is this unpopular?  :creep: ) and Lana shouldn't do anymore jazz covers unless she's actually going to attempt to sing jazz on them..

Swan Song was decent imo but 24 should never have been put on the album. It was awful.

Unrelated: Considering how terrible this era has gone thus far, I don't actually have faith that this album is going to come out unless I get hard information (release date, tracklist, title, etc.)

giphy.gif