Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, theblackestday111 said:

I may sound delusional, but hear me out -

Ā  Hide contents

This is from Radiohead's old website in the scrap book section:

burnthewitch.png

I know it comes from A Clockwork Orange but just the fact that the word was significant to both of them is enough for meĀ :true:

"If I get old, I will not give in
But if I do, remind me of this
Remind me that once I was free, once I was cool, once I was me/If I get old, remind me of this
The way that we kissed, and I really meant it" from A Reminder reminds me of a reoccurring theme in Lana's music about growing older/the fear of death (Young and Beautiful, Born to Die, Fingertips, etc)Ā and "You're young, you're wild, you're free" from Cruel World.

Black Star & Black Beauty - Similar titles and they are basically about the same thing, being with someone who is depressed and trying to help but it doesn't change anything. "Well, what am I to do?"/"Oh, what can I do?"

No Surprises & Swan Song - As Lana said,Ā ā€œItā€™s the antithesis of hopefulness,ā€ about Swan Song, I think that meaning could very well be applied to No Surprises as well. They both seem to be about taking one's life or at least escaping from the world in some manner. "I will never sing again/And you won't work another day"/"I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide" In general, escapism is something both Lana & Radiohead have in common.

In Limbo & Honeymoon - "You're living in a fantasy world"/"Dreaming away your life"

All I Need & Video Games - "You areĀ all I need"/"It's all for you, everything I do"

Anyone Can Play Guitar & Gods and Monsters - "I wanna be, wanna be Jim Morrison"/"I'm livin' like Jim Morrison"

Pyramid Song & The Grants - "All my lovers were there with me/All my past and futures/And we all went to heaven in a little row boat/There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt"/"Do you think about Heaven?/Do you think about me?/My pastor told me when you leave, all you take is your memory/And I'm gonna take minŠµ of you with me"

Then they both have James Bond songs, Spectre & 24 (supposedly)

Then there's the influences that they share, Jeff Buckley, Ennio Morricone, The Beach Boys,Ā The Beatles (and possibly Neil Young & David Bowie?)

Ā 

There's probably more, but anyways to me they really share a lot of similar themes and feelings, if you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't I guess

And there's definitely songs that connect to a bunch of different songs (in my mind) but I didn't wanna look too crazy

Thanks for coming to my ted talkĀ :kiss2:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Escapism definitely is the biggest aspect they share! Loved your analysis

Ultraviolence is the only Lana album where IĀ prefer the outtakes to the actual albumā€¦ something aboutĀ Tropico sessions was so special

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

ā€Ė–Ā°Ā ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”Ā this is my idea of funĀ Ā°ā€ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”*:ļ½„

7 hours ago, taco truck said:

Ultraviolence is the only Lana album where IĀ prefer the outtakes to the actual albumā€¦ something aboutĀ Tropico sessions was so special

I think that album was so special because literally every outtake is album worthy. I think almost every song written for that album is a 10. Even Guns And Roses is actually a fantastic song imo

21 minutes ago, taco truck said:

That entire eraā€¦

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

2 hours ago, theblackestday111 said:

I may sound delusional, but hear me out -

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

This is from Radiohead's old website in the scrap book section:

burnthewitch.png

I know it comes from A Clockwork Orange but just the fact that the word was significant to both of them is enough for meĀ :true:

"If I get old, I will not give in
But if I do, remind me of this
Remind me that once I was free, once I was cool, once I was me/If I get old, remind me of this
The way that we kissed, and I really meant it" from A Reminder reminds me of a reoccurring theme in Lana's music about growing older/the fear of death (Young and Beautiful, Born to Die, Fingertips, etc)Ā and "You're young, you're wild, you're free" from Cruel World.

Black Star & Black Beauty - Similar titles and they are basically about the same thing, being with someone who is depressed and trying to help but it doesn't change anything. "Well, what am I to do?"/"Oh, what can I do?"

No Surprises & Swan Song - As Lana said,Ā ā€œItā€™s the antithesis of hopefulness,ā€ about Swan Song, I think that meaning could very well be applied to No Surprises as well. They both seem to be about taking one's life or at least escaping from the world in some manner. "I will never sing again/And you won't work another day"/"I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide" In general, escapism is something both Lana & Radiohead have in common.

In Limbo & Honeymoon - "You're living in a fantasy world"/"Dreaming away your life"

All I Need & Video Games - "You areĀ all I need"/"It's all for you, everything I do"

Anyone Can Play Guitar & Gods and Monsters - "I wanna be, wanna be Jim Morrison"/"I'm livin' like Jim Morrison"

Pyramid Song & The Grants - "All my lovers were there with me/All my past and futures/And we all went to heaven in a little row boat/There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt"/"Do you think about Heaven?/Do you think about me?/My pastor told me when you leave, all you take is your memory/And I'm gonna take minŠµ of you with me"

Then they both have James Bond songs, Spectre & 24 (supposedly)

Then there's the influences that they share, Jeff Buckley, Ennio Morricone, The Beach Boys,Ā The Beatles (and possibly Neil Young & David Bowie?)

Ā 

There's probably more, but anyways to me they really share a lot of similar themes and feelings, if you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't I guess

And there's definitely songs that connect to a bunch of different songs (in my mind) but I didn't wanna look too crazy

Thanks for coming to my ted talkĀ :kiss2:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

she did list radiohead as an influence on her myspace in 2006 (look closely)Ā :dua:Ā 

Ā 

like a sad party ā€” lizzy grant/lana del rey myspace screenshots

x14CtFn.gifĀ Ā 89cxvIN.gifĀ Ā BolwSzs.gif

iĀ  h a v eĀ  aĀ  d i s c oĀ  b a l lĀ  m i n dĀ  . . .Ā  l i g h t sĀ  f l a s h i n gĀ  a l lĀ  o fĀ  t h eĀ  t i m e

i actually really like this outfit :tommy:

5vc863vdi5711.jpg?auto=webp&s=6f9d597471

(the shoes were a weird choice tho)

ź§įƒ¦āŠ±ā™„ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ā™„āŠ±įƒ¦ź§‚

BRILLIANT.gif

34 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Honestly, I was a big fan of her Adidas outfits. The black Adidas outfit in Finland will be always one of my favorites looks of hers

url%5D

I kind of hope she doesn't release an unreleased collection until she's done with her recording career, as a treat for fans. I think regardless of track list, versions of the tracks we get on the release, the way she promotes and acknowledges the project and even the artwork, not a single person would be happy (as usual, but even moreso). I think the more we ask for this type of release, the more likely she is to pull more Blue Banisters-esque behaviour of throwing things out sloppily because fans won't shut up.

Ā 

The whole releasing a few unreleased here and there as droplets ala Say Yes to Heaven is reasonably okay for me, but it should only be for exceptional circumstances. The only other two I'd be really here for based on their noteriety on social media and amongst non-stans is Queen of Disaster and the demo version of National Anthem.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:48 AM, Surf Noir said:

Ā 

she did list radiohead as an influence on her myspace in 2006 (look closely)Ā :dua:Ā 

Ā 

like a sad party ā€” lizzy grant/lana del rey myspace screenshots

loool iā€™d be so sorrowfulĀ if i had face lawsuit from a band that used to be my inspiration :crai:Ā BUT ALSO LOOK, SHE LISTED ELLIOTT SMITH AS ANĀ INFLUENCEĀ TOOĀ :oprah4:Ā thatā€™s so goodĀ :oic2:

2 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Black Bathing SuitĀ is overrated and isnā€™t even that good for people to make it about

Ā 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

ā€Ė–Ā°Ā ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”Ā this is my idea of funĀ Ā°ā€ā‹†.ą³ƒąæ”*:ļ½„

6 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

The Blackest Day is overrated and isnā€™t even that good for people to make it about

i think its a great song but definitely overhypedĀ 

4 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i think its a great song but definitely overhypedĀ 

Still so many brilliant compositions of Honeymoon and people give the exposure to that The Blackest Day song. Geez

2 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Salvatore is brilliantĀ and that good

Ā 

14 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

I need this dress but then thereā€™s that addias logo which just looks so out of placeĀ :rip:

stars in my eyes

Ā  Ā āŠ¹Ėšā‹† š’ƒš’‚š’ƒš’š š’ƒš’š’–š’†š’” ā€§ā‚ŠĀ°Ā  Ā 

Ā 

The Dan Heath Orchestral Remix of West Coast is her best remix ever released.Ā 

Ā 

West Coast is still THAT song, the official version slaps, the radio mix slaps and even thisĀ remix slapsĀ :oprah:Ā I have too many favorite Lana songs but I know that West Coast is the one that stays in the top

url%5D

not a favorite songs of mine off lfl but i think that released version of beautiful people beautiful problems is actually superior, it feels so good on lfl like it finally found its home, demo versions are cool and everything but the song inĀ theseĀ forms just felt unfinished and didnt suit right, the lfl version is just how she song should be

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y