Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 9/7/2023 at 7:36 PM, Quincy said:

Cinnamon is not sweet. I have been corrected that is is bittersweet in context. But she suggests it is on multiple occasions. 

Yes, I know that music lyrics don’t have to be 100% logical or based in reality. 

Cinnamon is often associated with sweets, but by itself it is most definitely not sweet. 

That’s the irony… she uses cinnamon to exemplify something sweet because even when things are “sweet” for her, there’s still something bitter about it

I really do not understand why people hate Guns and Roses??? Like it's better than some of the songs on UV....

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

On 9/7/2023 at 6:19 PM, sjatib said:

May this be the most unpopular take in some time inside this thread, but honestly dont get the hype around Let The Light In. Is one of the less memorable songs of the album from my point of view, if not the less.

I think what's special about that song is that it's just so innocent and truly about nothing other than being happy and in love. It's kind of like Say Yes to Heaven in that way, so it makes sense that both songs are really popular

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Tropico movie score EP deserved to be released physically, not in iTunes or other streaming service "special" only :true:

Tropico needed a Cola segment idc.

That song being the most iconic yet the only one without a video aside from American pains me to this very day.

Actually, two short films would have been so cool:

Ride / Cola / American

Body Electric / Gods & Monsters / Bel Air

On 9/17/2023 at 7:26 AM, Embach said:

@bluevelvetcola's status update reminded me how I really hate that White Mustang's "why am I staying" theories too. I have never heard it as "why am I staying", for me it has always been "white mustang" :crossed:

100%

It's one of the worst Lana theories imo

On 9/24/2023 at 10:40 PM, Surf Noir said:

chemtrails over the country club (the song) is overrated, somebody had to say it, is it a great song? yes, one of her absolute best? ...no

Exactly. I think the song has a great melody, but that's about it. It's just incredibly meh, and like it's not even about chemtrails or country clubs. A bottom tier title track. :pft:

12 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Exactly. I think the song has a great melody, but that's about it. It's just incredibly meh, and like it's not even about chemtrails or country clubs. A bottom tier title track. :pft:

I mean it's not meant to be about literal chemtrails or a literal country club but it's in reference to the fact that if you peel back the surface of day-to-day suburban bliss and contentment, there's a sinister element, which is also reflected in the MV

In that respect, I think it's a really clever reference. I think the song doesn't get enough credit for its messages and theme, actually.

But not liking it in spite of all of that is your prerogative, of course.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Cherriwinkle said:

The fact that she never made a mv for

Off to the races hurts my feelings. 

She did but she deleted it from youtube. Imo it's one of her worst videos but I can see it was an inspiration for Tropico. But the MV was so messy :magikarp:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean it's not meant to be about literal chemtrails or a literal country club but it's in reference to the fact that if you peel back the surface of day-to-day suburban bliss and contentment, there's a sinister element, which is also reflected in the MV

In that respect, I think it's a really clever reference. I think the song doesn't get enough credit for its messages and theme, actually.

But not liking it in spite of all of that is your prerogative, of course.