Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Honeymoon needs to be completely reworked. rerecord songs, take songs out that shouldnt be on the album (honeymoon, 24, etc.), rework songs production and structure because this album has a whole bunch of messes.

the reason i dont like Honeymoon as much as BTD or UV is because on BTD and UV everything was PERFECT. I wouldnt change a single thing about these albums. now on the other hand, HM, I would completely like that album to be flipped upside down and made the best like BTD and UV. songs like Freak could have been wayyyy better with better production and structure, honestly Freak could have been the song of her career, but she fucked it up and made it mediocre. HM is just really lazily put together. 

Also unpopular opinion I guess but UV is not actually that dark, except like for the last 3-4 songs and the bonus tracks : it's moody and melancholic, bitter and sometimes desperate, but it's not the pits of Hell like it seems to be for some people (except maybe TOW , ITH and Flipside, where she sounds hungover, mortified and wrecked). That's what I liked about it, it's an emotional journey but she's not sinking that much in a self-pity mode, she's more subtle, even with the basic lyrics she came up with for this record. I mean there's far more depressed and depressing in the world... but nothing as moody and dancing, in it's own way :bliss:

God I'm glad someone said it. I think of UV as a cloudy day, Born To Die being right after nightfall in a chill carefree way, Paradise is the party at midnight, and HM is just a warm summer day. None of them are waking up in a terrified cold sweat in the dead of the night.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I really like some of the remixes of Lana's tracks  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

@  you reference the wrong Iggy.

Lana is akin to Iggy- POP, Iggy Pop that is.

50 years down the road. Used to perform rolling on the ground on broken glass.

His supporters still see him

Lana has much in common with those like Iggy Pop (who was in the same collective as Lou Reed and Klaus Nomi and David Bowie and others like David Johansen of the NY Dolls.

and has nothing in common with Azalea at all. zero. zip. nada. nothing. (one of those dime a dozen go for the #1 singles flash in the pans that sometimes last two or three albums but next years model takes over.

Would you mind elaborating how exactly Lana is similar to Iggy?

This probably won't make any sense, because I'm not quite sure how to phrase it, but on some days, Honeymoon is Lana's best album, but on others, it's clearly her worst. Like, I just cannot decide what to think of it. I mean, I LOVE it as I do with everything Lana releases, but at the same time, I can't help but feel as if it's a snoozefest if you're not in the mood to listen to it. Like, when I'm in a relaxed mood, it's perfect in every way, but every other time I listen to it, I can't help but wish it was more like her past works, which all had intriguing soundscapes ad concepts (BTD: orchestral Hollywood hip-hop sadcore, UV: coastal/ dark desert rock). Then there's Honeymoon, which doesn't really have a unique sound like the other albums, it's just a mostly quiet, reflective album with mostly subpar lyricism. 

everything for me comes back to the mood.. alot of albums are 100 times better when youre 'in the mood' for

it, and the opposite, when you're not.

thats why its great to have many favorites, cause it covers all our moods. :) i like many..from one side of

the spectrum to the opposite..

I literally like no unreleased material from her, I strictly only like the albums.

I have tried to like some of the unreleased but they just don't do it for me, I'm not keen on a lot of her acoustic sounding stuff either, which in my opinion, there seems to be a lot of.

I literally like no unreleased material from her, I strictly only like the albums.

I have tried to like some of the unreleased but they just don't do it for me, I'm not keen on a lot of her acoustic sounding stuff either, which in my opinion, there seems to be a lot of.

Come back to me after you listen to Serial Killer, Hollywood's Dead, Driving in Cars with Boys, Prom Song, Never Let Me Go, Tired of Singing the Blues and Because of You. Chances are you'll like one or more of them, they're honestly too good not to be liked by any Lana fan.

obUZKpb.gif

actually imo some of her BEST songs are unreleased 

Wy8jf2U.jpg

Lmfao guys...there's no good you all getting defensive about MY opinion(s) when that's the whole point of this thread. It's an unpopular opinion. Pretty self-explanitory.

Literally only two people replied to you and they were very nice ???? Why are you so defensive? :toofunny: did you only post that because you knew some would disagree? :toofunny:

Anyway

Swan Song is the song I like the least from the new album. I don't know, like I said I haven't listened to it properly and it's been almost two weeks, so yeah I think it's not doing it for me.

Some of Lana's best stuff is the "unreleased" (not on Sirens) acoustic stuff from the formative years. 
If she went back to those songs - In Wendy, Pin Up Galore, Wayamaya, 1949, etc. - I think musically, "sonically"  :quote: she could have a very solid next album. 

That being said, I am completely aware that these songs are very juvenile and contain an innocence that has now left her lyrics and melodies. As such it may be something that ends up sounding forced and uncharacteristic. But still, I want that sort of album.

Religion is my favorite song from Honeymoon :oprah2:

No but actually, Honeymoon is going down to the same path as Paradise - I cannot pick a favorite cause all sound somewhat the same - but Honeymoon is 100000000000x better than Paradise.

image.png

MTWBT is one of her weakest music videos so far. Everything's so random and there is no f*cking atmosphere at all. The way the scenes themselfes are, they COULD be cut in a way that would at least fit the music, but they decided to just put random scenes together. Instead of Lana looking flawless watching boys we get some random scenes of her smiling happily or chilling in a garden without even trying to pose in an interesting way plus a super awkward shot of her playing the guitar. The MALE models are unneccecary since they don#t really get the attention they should get and the underwater scenes are nice but the way they are used makes them less interesting and enchanting than they could be.

Unlike Ultraviolence or Ride it doesn't even try to be something it's not. It's just ... there and not exciting at all. Shame, the song could have been used so well.

Like, Lana observing the guys and then taking them for a sailing trip or to a lonely beach and then the underwater sirens appear and drag the boys down, while Lana goes off to search for some new prey. Or if they didn't want to take a story-telling video, they could have something better in terms of vibes, music-fitting images and stuff.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!