Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

tbh honeymoon is one of my favorite albums of hers like ... i know that its a lot more boring than the rest but its almost trancy like everything is muted and ur in some 60s film like daisies and ur in love w some adult guy who is dangerous or something lmao , its only good if u listen to it really loud and ur tired but tbh freak is so dreamy its my fave...... the blackest day is def her best off the album tho 

UbsOye5.png

era's are meant to end, they are chapters in the book

the story has developed and honeymoon is lyrically and thematically the better of the series 

I agree that eras do have to end. But I disagree about HM. Her lyrics in Honeymoon were good. But not all that. The sound has gotten worse too.

Honestly despite popular opinion, her lyrics quality have been pretty consistent. The stories have changed but for most part the lyrics are still the same.

She's 31..... she can rap.... Nicki Minaj is 33......

As long as she's in her 30's she can still rap. Looks have nothing to do with anything.

But.... for some reason I kinda agree. She doesn't "look" like she'd ever go back to the rap thing. (and yes this is coming from the biggest BTD stan) I wish and hope she will. But it doesn't seem likely.

I didn't say she couldn't rap but I do think looks matter, and I just don't see current lana going back to that kinda gangsterish hip hop inspired chick that she used to be with the way she looks now

I agree that eras do have to end. But I disagree about HM. Her lyrics in Honeymoon were good. But not all that. The sound has gotten worse too.

Honestly despite popular opinion, her lyrics quality have been pretty consistent. The stories have changed but for most part the lyrics are still the same.

i think in terms of her story its the most developed, btd was like her and her lover(s) being stuck in a twisted peril while this is her and him (them) escaping and going out with a bang together 

Meet me in the pale moonlight is single worthy

very true

I think Lana's lyrics on Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are way better than the lyrics on Born To Die... I honestly find it cringeworthy that every second line on BTD is a reference to another song, book, poem or movie.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

i love love LOVE grimes, but having her open for the endless summer tour made no sense whatsoever. their music genres are COMPLETELY different, and only a handful of people knew who she was (including me) and most of those people were in the pit. a lot of people were booing her, as well. which was upsetting from a fan's viewpoint. she should've gotten someone like fjm in my opinion.  :brows3:

ZLJIWCD.gif

I think Lana's lyrics on Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are way better than the lyrics on Born To Die... I honestly find it cringeworthy that every second line on BTD is a reference to another song, book, poem or movie.

i love love LOVE grimes, but having her open for the endless summer tour. their music genres are COMPLETELY different, and only a handful of people knew who she was (including me) and most of those people were in the pit. a lot of people were booing her, as well. which was upsetting from a fan's viewpoint. she should've gotten someone like fjm in my opinion.  :brows3:

I think Grimes music is terrible. But that's sad that she got booed. No one deserves that.

I always thought that Diet Mountain Dew had potential to be a single :runs: . I mean, "Diet Mountain Dew, baby, New York City" and the rest of the chorus are really catchy. Kinda reminds me of High By The Beach when it comes to catchy lines :oprah3: .

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I Don't Wanna Go is her worst song ever

Its a pretty bad song, but how so? The lyrics aren't the best, but the instrumental is pretty. That mess called 'Resistance' struggles in both those areas

And Caught You Boy? Lol

High by the Bleach sucks. I don't know what Lana and her producers were thinking. It sounds like a reject. Making the music video for that song was a complete waste of money. The entire budget was spent on the toy gun and the helicopter. I'm convinced Lana's team/label is insane, how do they not make Lana release Salvatore or Religion as singles. HOW????  :scream:

High by the Bleach sucks. I don't know what Lana and her producers were thinking. It sounds like a reject. Making the music video for that song was a complete waste of money. The entire budget was spent on the toy gun and the helicopter. I'm convinced Lana's team/label is insane, how do they not make Lana release Salvatore or Religion as singles. HOW???? :scream:

probs bc they knew Honeymoon would need a "banger" to promo. Do you really think if Salvatore or Religion got a place as the 2nd single instead of HBTB that they would get radio play? idek if HBTB got much radio play but at least it got some. oh and I heard from somewhere Lana said it was the last song she wrote and it was very hard to write because her label wanted a more pop sounding song? could've been false

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif