Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I always skip National Anthem's chorus because I can't stand it. To me, it sounds soooo annoying, childish, boring and banal.  :bye3:

The rest is good tho

That's my favourite part lol :creep: :shock:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I don't really understand why people get so up in arms about leaks. I get that it bothers Lana but...she should get a better hold on her team because - at least when it comes to LDR5 stuff - they're the ones giving people access. (Which is one of the reasons I don't get why her manager is coming down so hard on Lanaboards. If her team had better security, people wouldn't find out in advance.)

I'm excited for LDR5, but I hope there are no guest features on it. I typically don't listen to most of the musicians that have been thrown around as collaborators and I don't wanna skip a song on her album.

I also hope she leaves Nina Simone's music alone this time. 

giphy.gif

+ totally plagiarizes a chorus from a Halsey song..  :smh:

Sweetheart, don't :) xx

I don't really understand why people get so up in arms about leaks. I get that it bothers Lana but...she should get a better hold on her team because - at least when it comes to LDR5 stuff - they're the ones giving people access. (Which is one of the reasons I don't get why her manager is coming down so hard on Lanaboards. If her team had better security, people wouldn't find out in advance.)

I'm excited for LDR5, but I hope there are no guest features on it. I typically don't listen to most of the musicians that have been thrown around as collaborators and I don't wanna skip a song on her album.

I also hope she leaves Nina Simone's music alone this time.

This is very true actually :(

But leave Nina's music alone? I think she does the covers great, but yes i do want as many original songs as possible :')

If she just did covers live that would be perfect

I don't like Love, I listened to it when it came out and have it looping on my laptop with the headphone jack in so I don't have to hear it but she still gets those streams. It's boring, repetitive, safe, unimpressive vocally and uninspired production-wise. The best part is the bridge.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

I don't like Love, I listened to it when it came out and have it looping on my laptop with the headphone jack in so I don't have to hear it but she still gets those streams. It's boring, repetitive, safe, unimpressive vocally and uninspired production-wise. The best part is the bridge.

I love Love, but the unofficial radio mix is better, TBH.  :creep:

https://soundcloud.com/virusweet/ldr-l-radio

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i actually like love, but i can't help but agree with some of this. it doesn't have the certain magic, the je ne sais quoi, that i expect from a lana song. i think it's mostly because the chorus is in the same vocal range as the verses. we know what lana can do with her voice but she plays it safe instead. it doesn't feel dynamic. there are definitely aspects i appreciate about it--its message, more global perspective, and the inspired video are a few--but i can't help but feel it's lacking. when she said that it's representative of the whole album, i felt disappointed.

let me be who i'm meant to be

it's such a romantic song!! where are the romance loons :defeated:

I don't understand why you're trying to bait me. I'm already in a cage.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

i think she's peaked and won't improve creatively or vocally from here on out

i think it's more that she is still so scarred from SNL and the initial backlash during BTD (and even UV) that she refuses to take many creative risks. but maybe that's me holding out hope that this time around it will be different  :defeated:

let me be who i'm meant to be

i honestly don't think the Love mv is one of her best- to me it aesthetically felt like it was all over the place. I don't want to say it's her worst because it's not bad at all, but I can't think of any of lana's mv s that aren't better than it. I actually like HBTB a lot better than Love....  :$  (just my personal opinion!!!) 

When she said that this album is going to be for the fans and follow the same sound as Love I got a little disappointed but I still have faith in Lana to deliver something great!

I also don't get why everyone drags Honeymoon? It's a beautiful album- there are so many beautiful songs and as a whole it has a very solid atmosphere to it. Like yeah there's zero bops on it but not everything has to be a bop to be good!