Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The thing with the HM cover for me it's that it feels too empty. There's huge, giant letters at the top and the bottom (on the car) and the middle is just a tiny Lana. On top of that, the sky looks pretty boring. It perfectly reflects the mood of the album (not saying it's boring lol, You know what I mean) but I would've LOVED some other photos from that shoot as the cover 'cause that shoot is amazing, probably one of her best, again, thank you Neil. (of course she chose Chuck's pics  :facepalm:

Or maybe the same concept but with a closer angle and Lana looking down from that stance and the sky takes the majority of the pic with some cool ass cirrocumulus or cirrostratus clouds and with Neil's magic colours that fit Lana so well. 

hmm i feel you! though it's interesting you say that, cause i actually feel like it's quite busy compared to Lana's other album covers (save for NFR). how do you feel about the font? I know a lot of people hate it

Wq9zHLl.jpg

The thing with the HM cover for me it's that it feels too empty. There's huge, giant letters at the top and the bottom (on the car) and the middle is just a tiny Lana. On top of that, the sky looks pretty boring. It perfectly reflects the mood of the album (not saying it's boring lol, You know what I mean) but I would've LOVED some other photos from that shoot as the cover 'cause that shoot is amazing, probably one of her best, again, thank you Neil. (of course she chose Chuck's pics  :facepalm:

Or maybe the same concept but with a closer angle and Lana looking down from that stance and the sky takes the majority of the pic with some cool ass cirrocumulus or cirrostratus clouds and with Neil's magic colours that fit Lana so well. 

i personally love the emptiness! it's very reflective of the music and mood of the album, with lots of empty space and moments where you're just experiencing nothingness (in a beautiful way of course). I also love how apathetic she seems on the cover, which fits the album too.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

hmm i feel you! though it's interesting you say that, cause i actually feel like it's quite busy compared to Lana's other album covers (save for NFR). how do you feel about the font? I know a lot of people hate it

I love the Honeymoon font. The huge Lana del rey in bold red throws me off. Maybe her name and the album name both in the honeymoon font and made a bit smaller, or just the album name.

I am not a fan of big lettering on album covers in general. Now, almost all of her covers have that big lettering but on her first 3 albums it kinda works cause she's also really up close and takes a lot of space on the cover. With HM, it's just all amplified by the additional big lettering on the car and Lana being so tiny. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I am going to be brutally dragged for this, possibly even outcast and banned from ever returning to LanaBoards again, but here goes...

I find California to be one of Lana's most contrived, low effort, cringe-worthy and boring songs. After some time it's finally listenable to me, and hell I can even enjoy it on occasion if I'm in the mood to ignore the lyrics, but yeah, I just think it's bad.

I actually find some of the fanbase's most hated or ignored songs way more enjoyable than California.

Summer Bummer > California

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems > California

When The World Was At War > California

American > California

Paradise Edition Yayo > California

I could go on but I'm gonna save myself  :hoe:

I like California but something feels off with that song, at least to me. Judging by the snippets I thought it would've been my favorite but it was a huge let down. I feel like the second part of chours should've been a bridge, it's too repetitive. Also her vocals in the second verse is questionable imo. Love the pre chours but the other parts of the song is meh to me.

I am living for how shady Lana is about her mother online - even going as far as not making it a secret that she found a surrogate mother because Patty never gave her what she needed. Now that is empowerment! Patty was probably a horrible mother and the clown came back to bite.

One of the main reasons why I became kind of obsessed with Lana was her image.

I recently got dragged(?) for saying that she needs to hire a stylist in a thread post where she was seen randomly out and about. And no, she does not need to get styled for literally just going to the store or to get coffee and groceries as some of the people thought that that's what I was saying. But part of a stylist's job is to curate their client's wardrobe and give beauty advice. Sure her hair was done by a hairstylist, but that's not the same - a hairstylist would have easily given her a mohawk if that's what she asked for lol.

And while I am aware that Lana was never the fashion icon fashion magazines were trying to paint her as, I do think getting rid of Johnny Blueeyes was a big mistake. 

I really love her and her art and I think she used to have some element about her that felt a bit luxurious yet campy, but lately I feel like she has lost her taste for imagery. The music videos, the fashion choices.... It all feels like plain water, no taste and honestly I would much rather prefer bad taste over no taste.

I really love her and her art and I think she used to have some element about her that felt a bit luxurious yet campy, but lately I feel like she has lost her taste for imagery. The music videos, the fashion choices.... It all feels like plain water, no taste and honestly I would much rather prefer bad taste over no taste.

whoop there it is!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Lately? It's been that way since the UV era with very few bursts of visual excellence, like the Love music video

i just watched that Marilyn Manson "lana del rape" video in full for the first time...

who approved this? why did lana agree to do this? i have sooo many questions lmaoooooo

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Idk if this is unpopular but idk where else to share this

I think Born To Die, Paradise (I count it as it's own album, separate from BTD), Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon are all equal for her best album. I truly can't rank them

Norman doesn't hold a candle to any of them, and Lust For Life sounds like someone trying to be LDR

People who say BTD is overproduced and mainstream are missing the point. She's perfect the way she is

UbsOye5.png

If she posts 4th of July pics with her white friends I'm unstanning for good idc. 

get ready to snip that stan card then

Lately? It's been that way since the UV era with very few bursts of visual excellence, like the Love music video

her selfies and videos during the honeymoon era would like to have a word with you.

but i agree that it's been very meh in the visuals (and style) department for the past 3 or so years.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.