Sign in to follow this  
Hundred Dollar Bill

If AKA was released by Lana & BTD was released by Lizzy

This is more of a thought than a question -

What if Lizzy Grant released Born To Die and Lana Del Rey released LDRAKALG? What would they sound like?

Atom Heart posted this here and evilentity suggested it have its own thread, and I definitely agree. That's such a thought-provoking question! I'm not really sure how much discussion it will create but I really hope it creates a lot. 

I personally can barely imagine it. We know what Yayo sounds like as Lana Del Rey & Lizzy Grant but that's the only song from AKA that's been redone so far.  :excited:

14417469274.gif

I have a hard time thinking my way into this. I can't imagine how Lana Del Rey would record AKA, an album that was released at a time when she already had different things in mind. At the same time, I can't imagine how Lizzy Grant would record Born to Die, which pretty much is the effort of a different person. Really, this is giving me a headache. I get to a point in my head... and then there's nothing. I just can't imagine this, it's impossible.

AKA in the style of BTD would probably sound terrible. Imagine "Pawn Shop Blues" done up like "Million Dollar Man" :biblio:

BTD would sound alright because even an LMFAO song in AKA style would sound good. Always particularly fantasized Blue Jeans sounding like Kill Kill.

So many acronyms.

inb4 Monicker posts a quip about the fanbase thinking of Lana and Lizzy as separate entities.

AKA in the style of BTD would probably sound terrible. Imagine "Pawn Shop Blues" done up like "Million Dollar Man" :biblio:

BTD would sound alright because even an LMFAO song in AKA style would sound good. Always particularly fantasized Blue Jeans sounding like Kill Kill.

So many acronyms.

:legend: :gclap:

inb4 Monicker posts a quip about the fanbase thinking of Lana and Lizzy as separate entities.

:popcorn:  I think that  is interesting. Sometimes I think that too than I just think with myself "stop being crazyi is the same person there is no "they"  in the sense of different indivuduals.  Lana and Lizzy are the same" . I go through that process a lot to be honest. Thinking of them as different individuals is quite strange but sometimes I just can't stop myself from doing it.

glgcDdT.gif

I kind of just imagine Lizzy's take on BtD to sound like the BtD demos. You know how the Video Games demo is completely stripped back, a little faster and she sings slightly higher. That's Lizzy.

While I feel like a lot of the AKA songs would lose their charm if they were Lana'd up, I'm here for an orchestral Queen of the Gas Station any day :yesnod:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I think an Emile Haymie Brite Lites would work really well tbh

And if Jump had that hip hop sound that diet Mountain Dew does that could work too

And I can imagine in my head Gramma in the vein of TIWMUG and I'm liking it :oprah:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

As far as what BTD would sound like if it had been recorded as Lizzy, i don't think you have to try too hard or look further than some, not all, of the BTD demos, like HLH, NA (nexus), DMD, and LO. I'm not saying they would sound just like that, but i think it's the easiest way to imagine them in a similar vein. They would just have more of a "band"/"live" sound. 

The BTD demos that are actually technically demos like VG, Carmen, WY, and MDM would not sound like that in an AKA mold. 

Demos like DP, SS, and TIWMUG are in a transitional style that's neither representative of AKA or BTD. 

As for AKA being recorded by Lana, i think it's pretty easy to imagine what anything going through the BTD Emile Haynie filter would sound like  :usrs:

Did you like how i purposely used as many initialisms as i could?  :godlaugh:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I just realized an interesting comparison that can be made with an actual real life example: Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine album and its two versions. The original sessions, produced by Jon Brion, can be seen as an AKA of sorts, while the rerecorded version of the album, produced by Mike Elizondo, takes a more hip hop and commercial approach (though Elizondo is leagues better than Haynie). Even if you're not a fan of hers, it's fascinating to hear two completely different versions of the same (really amazing) album, and i highly recommend a listen to both. I think most Lana fans would be into both versions anyway, so it's a no brainer. Hell, i'm not even really a Fiona fan so much as i'm a fan of both versions of the album, especially the original (and her latest album too).  

I think an Emile Haymie Brite Lites would work really well tbh

Fuck that. Gimme a Rick Rubin alt-metal version.  :crossed: 

As for AKA being recorded by Lana, i think it's pretty easy to imagine what anything going through the BTD Emile Haynie filter would sound like  :usrs:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Fuck that. Gimme a Rick Rubin alt-metal version.  :crossed:

Early Rick Rubin SLAYER style! Gimme the brite lites, gimme the brite lites, gimme the ANGEL OF DEATH

Well, AKA would sound a lot better, then. I don't think Born To Die would transition for the better...

Quick, there's no time to waste, there's a secret back door out of here that i know of. Once you get out just keep running and don't stop. I'll distract the lynch mob and keep you covered for a while. Take this knife with you, it's all i've got.

God bless.  

Well, AKA would sound a lot better, then. I don't think Born To Die would transition for the better...

Quick, there's no time to waste, there's a secret back door out of here that i know of. Once you get out just keep running and don't stop. I'll distract the lynch mob and keep you covered for a while. Take this knife with you, it's all i've got.

God bless.  

Traitor.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.