Sitar

Lorde

I just wished she would talk more about new music in that last email. It kind of went nowhere. Also I thought going to the Hamptons for the 4th is like a tacky NY thing to do? 

She also hasn’t been consistent with updates as she said it’ll be a biweekly thing at most and it’s been 3? weeks since she gave us anything. :deadbanana:

Oh well, I like California enough to be interested 

5 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Also I thought going to the Hamptons for the 4th is like a tacky NY thing to do? 

Amagansett/East Hampton is a little more low-key/old money.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Not that any artist has an obligation to remain "relatable" throughout their career but damn if the rest of Solar Power's lyrics are similar to California and The Path I'll be really disappointed. I don't want to listen to songs about models and Hollywood and jets and gala functions and fame from Lorde's perspective. There's a way it can be done well (like a lot of Lana's work) but this just ain't it for me! Plus the production is bland, in my opinion. No hate, just a little disappointed so far!

I really like California as a whole but I really don’t like the production on it I think that the song had more potential to be bigger than it is. The one thing I’m missing the most this era so far is lordes songwriting she’s usually really on point but the new songs seem a bit simple and a bit forgettable. I’ve got hope that the other songs will give me what I’m looking for though hahaha:prettyhurts:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I really like California as a whole but I really don’t like the production on it I think that the song had more potential to be bigger than it is. The one thing I’m missing the most this era so far is lordes songwriting she’s usually really on point but the new songs seem a bit simple and a bit forgettable. I’ve got hope that the other songs will give me what I’m looking for though hahaha:prettyhurts:

I wanna think this too, but the songs titles in the track listing kinda make me believe otherwise :eek3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I wanna think this too, but the songs titles in the track listing kinda make me believe otherwise :eek3:

I refuse to believe we waited 4 years for an album that might be filled with songs that could go with a women’s razor ad :lange: I will be Delusional until proven otherwise :wowcry: especially when there’s people like Lana and Taylor who are popping albums out every six months to a year :oprah2:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

38 minutes ago, melodrama said:

Where is Mood Ring ? Almost 1 month left for the album where are the new singles at ? Where is she ?

She's in New York,  just recorded her performance of "Solar Power" for Stephen Colbert that will air on Friday.
lorde-visits-the-late-show-with-stephen-

also was spotted by fans walking around
E6P91rMXsAIw7s0?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

NOOOOOO. Not solar power. Goddddd..she could have performed ANYTHING else....omg

that's literally her only new single to promote

What the fresh fuck is going on at the Lorde Subreddit?!

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

omfg reddit is insane ?

you'd think being sent to jail warrants bigger concerns than missing the release of an album ??

and the fact that someone offered to send them a vinyl ??? Bc obviously prison has a HiFi system ?