Sitar

Lorde

I rewatched her Glastonbury set this morning, and wow, I'd forgotten how great it was! Shame I didn't realise her UK dates were already sold out- her concerts look like so much fun

apparently there's a snippet of california floating around? why cant i find it anywhereeee 

Edit: someone on reddit named u/thedivinesnake first posted they heard the full album and called it 'Pure Heroines older, more mature sister in terms of themes'. Then, in a seperate post, they posted a 13 sec long snippet of california, which sounds really nice but really you can't hear all that much. The post is deleted/hidden from r/lorde, but if you go to the user's profile, you can still find it.

They also posted new lyrics from an unknown song “Now, I spent thousands on you darling, all the hotels and the jets. And I’d pay it all again to have your golden body back in my bed. But, I don’t miss the poison arrows aimed directly at my head.”

8 hours ago, abeloostertje said:

They also posted new lyrics from an unknown song “Now, I spent thousands on you darling, all the hotels and the jets. And I’d pay it all again to have your golden body back in my bed. But, I don’t miss the poison arrows aimed directly at my head.”

music to cry to :crying2:

9 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

She’s going to perform on the 6th 

where?!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

What is this clight commercial hippie tryhard phase she's through...

I didn't like her second album, gave it 2 or 3 listens and I couldn't get myself to like it. I really tried to cause her first album was one of the most original and promising first albums of the last decade.

But everything she has presented so far for the third album is not catching my attention at all. I feel she has no... identity? I'm not sure, maybe I'm reading too hard into this.

Also I find so weird when an artist that tends to go the darker side of music or lyrics usually, would take of all moments, this one to make a poppy cheery record, when the world is trainstruck by this pandemic and everyone is so introspected. Like of all times, this is when we needed a gloomy album like PH lol

I just had the funniest realization that Lorde must’ve wrote Solar Power at Larry David’s vacation home or something. 

Lorde and his daughter Cazzie are pretty good friends and Lorde talked about writing this after a day at Martha’s Vineyard, where Larry David owns a place