Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

1 hour ago, esotericfaerie said:

did you guys see box’s review of endless summer vacation? i’m so excited for handstand now

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/425378-miley-cyrus-endless-summer-vacation/?do=findComment&comment=23438580

I Don’t know how I feel about it… this sounds like the record will be very tame and with no cohesion… sad to see she has dropped the Rock act this soon… cause it suited her so much! And with this exposure she is getting it could make it work (pretty sure PH didn’t do as good because of promotion)

still excited to see what comes next! As predicted Muddy Feet sounds like a mess, but the snipped was great so I’m conflicted :awkney2:

Plastic hearts wasn’t that great either-she’s a singles artist- Plastic had some good deep cuts like night crawling but  it didn’t capitalise on the “rock” aspect- it was still a pop record with rock moments really-

shame it would have been cool for her to really plant her feet in it like UV

For me probably her most cohesive proyect is Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Pets… then maybe Younger Now… but at this point it’s kind of her brand to release messy albums

Maybe the EP sounded cohesive but the final product, judging by the outtakes, was all over the place (Victoria, Naked, Slide Away, Cold Blooded, American Dream). those songs are great in their own but don’t make much sense together 

i mean if ur going to miley with the hopes of an introspective non-pop body of work on par with lana then you’re just not gonna get that. she makes vibrant and colourful music and likes to push the boundaries, and always keeps it fun. that’s what keeps me coming back to her

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

8 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i mean if ur going to miley with the hopes of an introspective non-pop body of work on par with lana then you’re just not gonna get that. she makes vibrant and colourful music and likes to push the boundaries, and always keeps it fun. that’s what keeps me coming back to her

I think that’s her forte! It’s what works on her favor but also what makes her music not consistent at the same time! The good thing is in every one of her albums there is at least one song u can resonate to :true:

21 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I think that’s her forte! It’s what works on her favor but also what makes her music not consistent at the same time! The good thing is in every one of her albums there is at least one song u can resonate to :true:

I think Dead Petz is a pretty essential album of the 2010s personally, and Bangerz is actually really good too. 

Younger Now isn’t all too bad, and Miss You So Much / Malibu / I Would Die For You are essentials.

When it comes to Miley you just gotta let her do whatever she’s doing and be a bit more open minded lol. When I listen to her I feel like I adopt some alter ego, I find myself being infected by her attitudes in the songs and it makes listening to her really fun. It’s a breath of fresh air when a lot of my favourite albums are very heavy!

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I'm only now listening to Fucked Up Forever for the first time since it's not on the album. Wow this Arena rock sound... so epic. I can only imagine this live. She should've debuted it at a few festival shows :defeated: 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

I'm only now listening to Fucked Up Forever for the first time since it's not on the album. Wow this Arena rock sound... so epic. I can only imagine this live. She should've debuted it at a few festival shows :defeated: 

Something about Mildred is very magnetic… she’s getting better and more likeable with time! Also her lives… a true performer 

Interested to see how the singles pan out this era, especially with her past record...

But Flowers is the first single from AM and River from PM both being the first track from their respective act. Mike WiLL Made-It seems to be under the impression that Violet Chemistry will be a single so perhaps that and Jaded as final singles? Both bring the second tracks from each act.

But honestly who knows, I'd love to see a proper singles run! Fingers crossed Columbia push for it. She could have an incredible mainstream singles collection from her past few records alone, never mind with the Disney era's too!

Just an example of what could have been post-Disney:

Spoiler

We Can't Stop

Wrecking Ball

23 (with Mike WiLL Made-It, Wiz Khalifa & Juicy J)

Adore You

4x4 (ft. Nelly)

Malibu

Younger Now

Week Without You

Bad Mood

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (with Mark Ronson)

Mother's Daughter

Party Up The Street (ft. Mike WiLL Made-It & Swae Lee)

Slide Away

Midnight Sky

Prisoner (ft. Dua Lipa)

Angels Like You

Without You (with Kid Laroi)

Plastic Hearts

Flowers

River

Violet Chemistry

Jaded

I don’t think it’s genre so much for me-I like pop records too but she just doesn’t have a classic or even iconic record as of yet-she really has so much potential but she needs better co-writers to strengthen her ideas and to steer away from cliches.

It’ll be interesting to see what she does with her two sides concept 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t think it’s genre so much for me-I like pop records too but she just doesn’t have a classic or even iconic record as of yet-she really has so much potential but she needs better co-writers to strengthen her ideas and to steer away from cliches.

It’ll be interesting to see what she does with her two sides concept 

I think she came close to having an iconic album/era with Bangerz but then the promotion ground to a halt, she dropped the Adore You video and did the tour but after Wrecking Ball it kinda lost the GP...

Same with Plastic Hearts, obviously she wasn't lighting up the charts but the interest from the GP was there again and the acclaim was back! Just felt like once Prisoner came and went without much impact, everyone involved abandoned ship? 

19 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Bangerz was pretty classic to me, even if I wasn’t so into her music around that time all the singles were really successful and career changing (Disney girl gone wild)… love her or hate her, it made an impact 

I agree about her potential and I think even with her status, she can be able to stay relevant after her 30s (Plastic Hearts was really good and she can still aim for other iconic eras in the future). She never really grabbed my attention until Midnight Sky (Mothers Daughter was a cute moment but nothing groundbreaking) 

the thing about Miley is that she doesn’t stick to one genre and isn’t afraid to explore! So far she has done pop, hip-hop, R&B, electro pop, rock, country, indie, … she may not always succeed but generally her singles perform well and maintains the public’s interest. I agree she’s hit or miss but that comes with experimental artist (for me another example is Madonna, who has covered every genre possible with various outcomes). Her career is very interesting and I think it will pass the test of time if she continues this dinamic! Her best efforts come from personal experiences and when she’s being herself (Midnight Sky and Angels Like You were great) but flops when she tries too hard to reach a hit (Prisoner…) 

Mildred has an old school vibe to her that I appreciate a lot! I would say with the last era she connected more with her older audience and is trying to reconnect with her younger fans with Flowers (a more generic/mainstream approach)… for me personally I Would have loved if she did 70s disco/rock next! After the Stand By You pride and New Years lives with those Cher and Madonna covers! She nails that vintage sound and performs like no other!