Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

The production is really great but the melodies and tempos are boring-it’s the same kind of vibe all the way through- fast with an anthem chorus.

It sounds like a Harry Styles album is the best way to put it.

The tracks could have benefitted from breathing room and a slower tempo in places because you can tell it was engineered for tik tok which won’t give it longevity.

This album’s good. A few clunkers here and there and I’m generally not a huge Miley fan (I love that she exists, just don’t LOVE any of her albums save for Dead Petz which I still think it’s her best work to date). I’d rank this right below it because this album flows really really nicely.

The most immediate highlights: Handstand, River (the gays will EAT this up), Violet Chemistry and Rose Colored Lenses (the most Dead Petz song of the album). Very disappointed with the Brandi Carlile feature and I absolutely loathe Sia so that one didn’t hit me either.

Thank god Lana delayed because this album will resonate with the GP and they’ll talk about it for at least a week lol.

IMG-7960.jpg

24 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

HANDSTANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 

AS EXPECTED IT'S EXCELLENT TO ME

Idk if that’s you on your pfp but what a hot picture :lolliney: is that person bleeding??

IMG-7960.jpg

Overall, it’s an okay album but not great- I suspect it will serve its purpose- tik tok virality on “Muddy Feet” aswell as some of the others.

The rest can be shipped to the H&M fitting room and I mean that in the nicest way possible- it’s essentially very nice background music.

The reason why miley hasn’t had a singular good album yet is because nobody has gotten her personality yet! If you look at her interviews she has opinions but where are they in the music? Instead she’s regulated to generic breakup songs and I’m so high over and over.  

She needs someone to transcribe her thoughts into songs and to experiment with her voice and production to create her own sound- I think she’d kill a drum driven jazz rock track with scat singing or smth.

Songs like Pablow the Blowfish are a good example of actually utilising her 

31 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Sounds like an average album to me but too early to have a strong opinion ..then again when has Miley ever put out a fantastic album. All of them are a 7 or lower. 

I'm not a Miley fan at all, but Plastic Hearts was quite good and really surprised me. Dare I say - her best one?