Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

So far I’m finding this Miley album to be pretty bland. Not sure why we couldn’t have just had Ocean Blvd tonight. I’ve noticed Pitchfork has always given Miley terrible reviews, wonder if they’ll do the same for this new one.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Also I thought there would be more upbeat tracks like Flowers. They are mostly ballads

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I’m not going to complain or be negative with comments because I already stated my point-but it’s interesting that the album reminds me of Lana, Charli XcX, Christina Aguilera and Mariah!
Lol-

caution and liberation did this sound years ago but more groovy- so maybe that’s part of my dislike? 

It’s hard for me to digest this album: endless SUMMER vacation, as I stand here on the train platform in torrential rain. This album should’ve definitely been released later in the year. I can think of another album that would match this environment a lot better…

Gave it a try and can confirm that this album is not for me. Not bad, I liked songs from her in the past, there are surely some bangers in there. I’m a bit thrown off by the title though: Island is the only song that sonically can be associated with summer IMO. The other bangers, although good, don’t give me summer vibes at all. Not that I expected an album full of « Malibu »s but still a bit more summery I guess. Anyways, my opinion doesn’t count for much and surely it will be a hit for her, since I didn’t expect Flowers to be as big as it is right now (not a bad song just not as wow as the numbers behind it say)

only listened to handstand and you they were cutee

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

Handstand is so good, she suits this style so well. I wish she'd ultimately ditch the pop stuff and just continue with this sound, it's where she stands out as an artist.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

do we know what the first song recorded for the album was because if it was flowers you can tell she built an album around that song

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

The River music video is really good, just how I anticipated it! 

Also is it me or does she look much more skinnier than in PH era? I know she has always been skinny but… maybe is my impression but I hope she isn’t part of this ongoing trend among celebrities to lose weigh uncontrollably (Kim K, Meghan Trainor, etc) cause she was just perfect the way she was!!

I listen to the album before bed and kinda forgot most of the tracks but River and Handstand. I need to give it another chance but it's not my favorite album by Miley.

okay it has already grown a lot on me! I love all the songs I think, besides Flowers. Ofc. How can anyone not be tired of it at this point lol.:bebe:

But my very favourites are:

Handstand (:angie:)

Jaded

Island

Violet Chemistry

River

:clapback:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy