♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

The album is alright. It's nothing special but we already knew that. The demo of Free Woman was better and the version of Babylon used in the Haus Labs commercial is obviously superior to the one we got. Alice was a positive surprise and 911 is a bop. Sour Candy is very much like Girls Like by Tinie Tempah, almost too much but I've always liked the instrumental so I don't really mind. The real surprise of the album is Sine From Above, the track I considered doomed ever since we found out about the Elton feat. It's definitely the highlight of the record for me at the moment, the last 20 seconds are pure fire and I wish the whole record sounded more like that. Those last 20 seconds also remind me of Ride High (Gundam Remix) by WWWINGS. If you ask me the worst one is Fun Tonight, I also don't really care for Replay. I've listened the full thing several times now and if it was up to me, the tracklist would look like this

01. Chromatica I

02. Alice

03. Stupid Love

04. Rain On Me

05. Free Woman

06. Chromatica II

07. 911

08. Sour Candy

09. Chromatica III

10. Sine From Above

11. Babylon

It already sounds aged unfortunately… This is literally the pop construction from early 2010s, there’s nothing fresh about this album.

i dont mean dated, it certainly does sound like that

i mean that all the songs i like will probably lose all their charm by the 20th listen or so

image.png

gaga and her producers using ten fucking thousand different kinds of expensive synthesizers only to end up with smth RuPaul did 10 years ago. i fucking hate her.

i fucking knew she'd manage to make Free Woman even more cheap sounding than it already was. god she's so dumb.

nothing exciting about the album tbh...it all sounds a bit flat and empty? but I suppose this obviously isn't a record that Lana fans are necessarily gonna love... 

I expected more from Alice, the whole album sounds like something from 2015 that wasn't really modernized 5 years later? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

This is the first project I ever heard from her and I can't lie this is quite underwhelming, it sounds very dated and generic, Stupid Love is a highlight on first listen... So I guess that says a lot about the other tracks lol

I wished the record sounded more like the interludes and the Elton John collab, that was an amazing song, other highlights for me would be Enigma and 911

This could have been a good 10 album track, it's not bad at all, it's just underwhelming in my opinion

8nl2OpX.png

ive never heard an electropop/house album with this little energy 

like....the beats are so sterile and weak and the songwriting is embarrassing. the entire album is just a flatline with barely any tempo changes. the only exciting moment being an interlude's transition into 911, which quickly becomes one of the worst songs shes ever written after the first verse  :biblio:

i honestly feel sorry for people defending this

is this gonna be dragged by the critics? I mean they can't make fun of the writing on Madame X and praise this...even Madame X lyrics were more clever than this was

This is the first project I ever heard from her and I can't lie this is quite underwhelming, it sounds very dated and generic, Stupid Love is a highlight on first listen... So I guess that says a lot about the other tracks lol

I wished the record sounded more like the interludes and the Elton John collab, that was an amazing song, other highlights for me would be Enigma and 911

This could have been a good 10 album track, it's not bad at all, it's just underwhelming in my opinion

:rip:

:rip:

I find Stupid Love to be one of the most interesting songs as well tbh...the "all i ever wanted was love" bit is more of an earworm than any other moment 

Ok the beats/vocal sample or whatever in the background SLAPS why would she ever change this oh my GOD I’m really glad I didn’t know of this demo/LQ snippet otherwise I’d be so upset w the real track

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19