lola

Taylor Swift

This is Taylor's BEST pop album, I said it! :true: I think Karma, Maroon, and Anti-Hero are my top 3. I'm curious what music video we're getting tomorrow, praying for LH 

11 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

A new Taylor snippet got leaked on THM Discord server apparently https://dbree.org/v/147635

Definitely sounds like her :O

Idk if she wrote it or something but the song is released. It's at 1:06

giphy.gif 

why is she always victimising and feeling sorry for herself on every song these days, it's so tiring, her revenge songs don't come across as badass either they just come across as jouvenile idk, seems like she's hanging onto feuds that happened years ago and everyone got over it except her 

crackhead-subway.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Finally got round to adding some Midnights tracks to my Taylor Swift playlist and wow, what an artist!

I became a Taylor fan during the Red era, hence the lack of Fearless tracks, I need to visit that project fully at some point and potentially add to the playlist.

Also it's in alphabetical order just cos I think it looks better, I usually listen on shuffle.

(All songs are Taylor's Versions)

Spoiler

01. All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

02. August

03. Babe

04. Better Man

05. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

06. Cardigan

07. Carolina

08. Champagne Problems

09. Come Back... Be Here

10. Coney Island ft. The National

11. Cornelia Street

12. Cowboy Like Me

13. Dear Reader

14. Death By A Thousand Cuts 

15. Don't You

16. Epiphany

17. Evermore ft. Bon Iver

18. Exile ft. Bon Iver

19. False God

20. Forever Winter 

21. Gold Rush

22. The Great War

23. Happiness

24. Hoax

25. I Almost Do

26. It's Nice To Have A Friend

27. It's Time To Go

28. Ivy

29. Labyrinth

30. The Lakes

31. Lover

32. Maroon

34. Mirrorball

35. The Moment I Knew

36. My Tears Ricochet

37. No Body, No Crime ft. HAIM

38. Nothing New ft. Phoebe Bridgers 

39. Renegade

40. Right Where You Left Me

41. Sad Beautiful Tragic

42. Seven 

43. Snow On The Beach ft. Lana Del Rey

44. Soon You'll Get Better ft. The Chicks

45. State Of Grace 

46. Sweet Nothing

47. This Is Me Trying

48. This Love

49. Tis The Damn Season

50. Tolerate It

51. Treacherous

52. We Were Happy

53. Willow

54. Would've, Could've, Should've 

55. You're On Your Own, Kid

36 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Of course they would give it a 10 if it was by an unknown indie artist.

7.0 is not bad at all, it's a fair score for an album that sounds like at least 3 other albums done by her, i'd actually say it's being really overrated by other critics just because she's *the* taylor swift

don't get me wrong, it's still a solid pop material but i honestly think swifties getting mad over a 7.0 review are really representing twitter mentality at this point because it's seriously still a good score

6 hours ago, venicebitch said:

7.0 from pitchfork, I’d say it’s a really fair score 

Fair score, it isn’t really a masterpiece by a long shot.  1989 was way better and I’m not a huge Taylor fan.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

52 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

why is she always victimising and feeling sorry for herself on every song these days, it's so tiring, her revenge songs don't come across as badass either they just come across as jouvenile idk, seems like she's hanging onto feuds that happened years ago and everyone got over it except her 

crackhead-subway.gif

I think this is a really tired narrative about her—there’s only one revenge song on the album (“vigilante shit,” which is about scooter anyway, i.e. FBI white collar crimes she mentions). “karma” is about exactly the opposite, a track about how the best revenge is no revenge, just living a happy life and letting the universe take care of anyone who might have wronged you; a much more mature approach imo and fit for a 32-year-old. there were also no outright revenge songs on folklore or evermore. “my tears ricochet” was about her old manager leaving her in the dust and her feeling a metaphorical death, and “mad woman” was a general anthem for wronged women everywhere. the fans know all of this but the media and GP don’t and always assume that everything is about kanye but it hasn’t been in years… and if that had happened to me going through the “Taylor Swift is over party” I would’ve for sure written a few songs about it too.

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Of course they would give it a 10 if it was by an unknown indie artist.

They’ve given her some really good scores in the past and even given her Best New Music, so I don’t think this is the case. Also, scores even bordering on a 9 are rare, and they tend to flip flop in their praise, so 7 isn’t exactly an injustice per their own scoring habits. 

8 hours ago, zombie girl said:

okay i am the last swiftie ever to conspiracy theorize and i think people are crazy, but i saw a tiktok earlier today that pointed out something really interesting. the names of the vinyl variants are “Moonstone”, “Blood Moon”, “Jade Green”, and “Mahogany”. “Moonstone” is mentioned in a lyric on the standard edition of Midnights, “Blood Moon” is mentioned in a lyric on 3AM. there are no lyrics on any Midnights songs we have right now that mention “Jade Green” and “Mahogany”; could this possibly be a hint at another deluxe edition of the album coming out? that sounds so insane and unrealistic, but it’s a pretty hidden-in-plain-sight easter egg if true which is what she loves to do, people read into things so much when all of her crypticness has been very obvious. also, all of the folklore vinyl variant names were taken from lyrics on that album (expect betty’s garden, but that still counts). something i’ve been thinking about

i mean we already have 21 new songs in this record, probably not another deluxe - but maybe for yet a not-so-distant-future album? :dua: like, late 2023 or something.

or if she were to release another re-recorded album next year, and it were to include those lyrics from a scrapped from the vault track? idk i'm trippin lol but that would be interesting to hear

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Even the songs i like on this album feel aged already. Snow on the beach is the best song, karma is catchy and fun, lavender haze is groovy, i like labyrinth and bttws as ballads and anti hero is alright... the rest are just kinda bland and forgetful 

midnight rain sounds like a melodrama outtake, not really sure what that was all about

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

For me, the album gets still better and better with each listen.:hair: The only song I'm on the verge of skipping is Sweet Nothing, but even that has still its good moments.

Sweet Nothing sounds like something she tossed in there to make Joe Alwyn feel better about lines like "they ask do you have a man, I say I don't remember" and "the lips I used to call home so scarlet". It's the only skip for me.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

13 minutes ago, Jared said:

Jack haters on suicide watch. :lmao:

22.png

11.jpg

omfg i never thought she'd out-peak 1989 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️