lola

Taylor Swift

4 hours ago, zombie girl said:

i really don’t think this is a visual album, and she never called it that, she called the music videos “projects to explore visually the world of this record”. the teaser trailer only has 3 or 4 different music videos in it, unless nothing else has been filmed yet i think that assuming it’s a full visual album is kind of setting yourself up to be disappointed :defeated: hopefully in the future though, it’s the next thing on her legacy checkbox

The only visuals we haven't gotten yet are all visually similar and purple-hued + 1 shot is a clock at midnight, so I think it's clear we're getting Lavender Haze and then it's time for Speak Now era preparations :monicker:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

I really would love for her to let Midnights live in it's own era without being disrupted by a new TV album. I understand she may be on crunch time considering that a tour is most definitely coming and she wants to perform all of her discography, but Midnights proves to be a special album with it's massive success and she should focus on that. With COVID restricting artists tour timelines, I fear that we're not going to get much of Folklore and ESPECIALLY not Evermore. 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i’m surprised she’s going on tour before all of the re-records are out. wasn’t expecting another tour for another few years if i’m being quite honest

I have a feeling speak now/1989 are coming pretty soon (or at least within the time leading up to the tour, which is what? Next summer?) 

Or if anything, I could see her like weekly releasing (taylor’s version) singles for the tracks she wants to play on tour a month or two before it starts or something 

Cup of Coffee Lyrics

[Verse 1]

You tell me you don't love me

Over a cup of coffee

And I just have to look away

A million miles between us

Planets crashing to dust

I just let it fade away

The melody of verse 1 of *The Great War* reminds me of *Cup Of Coffee* by Garbage (Shirley Manson) 

The Great War Lyrics

[Verse 1]

My knuckles were bruised like violets

Sucker punching walls,

cursed you as I sleep-talked

Spineless in my tomb of silence

Tore your banners down,

took the battle underground

And maybe it was egos swinging

Maybe it was her

Flashes of the battle come back to me in a blur

7 hours ago, annedauphine said:

The fucking beauty in the Bejeweled video... I am confused why she chose this song amongst all but omg :oprah2: My poor sapphic heart

i think she chose it so it would chart since bejeweled was the only song that was looking to potentially fall out of the top 10

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

With COVID restricting artists tour timelines, I fear that we're not going to get much of Folklore and ESPECIALLY not Evermore. 

That still would have been the case even if Taylor's Version didn't exist; you have to remember that Lover never got a tour

Including TV, she has now released 6 albums since her last tour (and it'll be 7-8 before this tour I guess) and I think the best course of action would be a Taylor's Version Tour celebrating the hits and fan favorites across her whole catalog. Hopefully she'd be able to complete the series during this tour and then we get a return to traditional pop album eras after that. A Folkmore-heavy tour has never been a viable option, not just because of the circumstances but also because it's a slow-paced folk duology in the middle of a mainstream pop catalog that people will expect to be reflected on any tour from her :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

I'm not trynna be disrespectful or negative or anything, the following is just my take (and maybe I just don't GET her music). I really liked when she did Folklore because it was something completely different but I feel like this is the same as her old music except worse

I just listened to this and all I can hear is Jack Antonoff, especially on tracks like Maroon. Just hazy indiscernible bullshit in the background and her typical story lyrics. There's always someone standing over there, someone crying over here, someone with their hands on some object, and so forth. Maybe it's cathartic for her to express herself that way, but I'm bored. I want more.

Also Anti-Hero is very Alanis Morrissette; even the way she sings (I'm not accusing her of copying, just saying that it really reminds me of her music)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Read the article… and I find it pretty empty, from both the NYPost and that girl that “went to high school with Taylor”. It’s pretty much hear-say / assumptions that don’t prove much (she clearly didn’t know Taylor personally). Not saying that what is written it false (I know Taylor has lots of rumours that she can’t shake off), but I don’t find this TikToker very illuminating with new revelations. 

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'm not trynna be disrespectful or negative or anything, the following is just my take (and maybe I just don't GET her music). I really liked when she did Folklore because it was something completely different but I feel like this is the same as her old music except worse

I just listened to this and all I can hear is Jack Antonoff, especially on tracks like Maroon. Just hazy indiscernible bullshit in the background and her typical story lyrics. There's always someone standing over there, someone crying over here, someone with their hands on some object, and so forth. Maybe it's cathartic for her to express herself that way, but I'm bored. I want more.

Also Anti-Hero is very Alanis Morrissette; even the way she sings (I'm not accusing her of copying, just saying that it really reminds me of her music)

Alanis Morrissette did it way better though

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I tried rearranging the tracks on Midnights, but I don't like it anymore, and I think the original order is actually the best.

Lavender Haze, Marroon, Anti-Hero: powerful start with some of the best songs

Snow On The Beach: interlude with a very special song with different tempo

You're On You Own, Kid, Midnight Rain, Question...?: not the most popular, but still good songs that fit well together

Vigilante Shit: another different and special interlude

Bejeweled, Labrinth, Karma: again some of the best and powerful songs that ignite fireworks at the end

Sweet Nothing: third interlude

Mastermind: perfect finish

I really like this interpretation. What other songs on Midnights sound like previous releases? I’d like to see if this theory holds up. It’s kind of genius I cant lie. 

There’s obviously Question…? and Out of The Woods with the ‘I remember’.

Someone also pointed out on TikTok that the beginning of Karma sounds like an interpolation of I Did Something Bad’s intro.

Sweet Nothing also sounds similar to New Year’s Day.

I also saw a TikTok on how you can sing All You Had To Do Was Stay, Midnight Rain and my tears ricochet in AYHTDWS’s chorus so maybe Midnight Rain is centred around 1989? 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFBywBxo/

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I really like this interpretation. What other songs on Midnights sound like previous releases? I’d like to see if this theory holds up. It’s kind of genius I cant lie. 

There’s obviously Question…? and Out of The Woods with the ‘I remember’.

Someone also pointed out on TikTok that the beginning of Karma sounds like an interpolation of I Did Something Bad’s intro.

Sweet Nothing also sounds similar to New Year’s Day.

I also saw a TikTok on how you can sing All You Had To Do Was Stay, Midnight Rain and my tears ricochet in AYHTDWS’s chorus so maybe Midnight Rain is centred around 1989? 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFBywBxo/

Perhaps it’s just me but everytime I listen to Maroon it reminds me a lot of Blank Space, and Labyrinth reminds me of Epiphany. 

11 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Perhaps it’s just me but everytime I listen to Maroon it reminds me a lot of Blank Space, and Labyrinth reminds me of Epiphany. 

I think Maroon reminds me more of Afterglow somehow, but Labyrinth definitely reminds me of epiphany now that you mention! Snow on the Beach also kinda reminds me of mirrorball, mostly to mirrorball's verses.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

47 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think Maroon reminds me more of Afterglow somehow

You‘re right! They both sound similar. 

Maybe Blank Space always comes to my mind when I listen to Maroon as both are the 2nd track on her albums. I don’t know… 🤓