lola

Taylor Swift

disclaimer: i don’t consider myself a swiftie at all 

so, speak now was released when i was 11, and i’m 24 now so the nostalgic aspect is absolutely hitting for me personally. i had speak now on CD and i always listened to it on my ipod nano lol. i can see why people feel like SNTV is falling a little flat, but i still think it’s cute and fun. speak now is the only album i really ever cared about because i stopped listening to her after she first released red, but i was just wondering if fearless tv and red tv got this kind of criticism as well? 

2 hours ago, peachlipgloss said:

disclaimer: i don’t consider myself a swiftie at all 

so, speak now was released when i was 11, and i’m 24 now so the nostalgic aspect is absolutely hitting for me personally. i had speak now on CD and i always listened to it on my ipod nano lol. i can see why people feel like SNTV is falling a little flat, but i still think it’s cute and fun. speak now is the only album i really ever cared about because i stopped listening to her after she first released red, but i was just wondering if fearless tv and red tv got this kind of criticism as well? 

O fearless tv was nearly flawless

I Can See MV really cool, it reminds me of Bad Blood, Ready For It and End Game MVs. 

Ngl I kinda wish that the re-recordings season would be over because I'm tired of waiting (and kinda tired of the easter eggs too lmao) :silly:

url%5D

21 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

Taylor convincing her fans to listen to these these half assed versions of her best songs instead of just listening to the superior version:

merlin_175154715_e6230dcf-dd68-4f05-91c5

16 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

It’s was a joke, don’t get your panties in a bunch. 

@That Venice Bitch after having to warn them in the marina thread for literally being transphobic can they be banned now ? <3

giphy.gif

That comment from that user where they compare Taylor to H*tler reminds me one of those comments from Lorde thread when Solar Power dropped, where some users compared Jack to H*tler or even some called Jack worse than him (but I think they didn't get a warning) :rip:

Anyway, about SN TV, I have only heard I Can See You and I really loved it, it's really groovy and dance-y but it also has that country and pop rock punk punch (although some fans said that it sounds like So It Goes and Dress, so I raised my expectations too high thinking it will have a sexy production like those Rep songs and was lil bit disppointed that it didn't have a sound like these but I got over it and loved the sound it had, Jack ate w the production, I get why it was compared to So It Goes and Dress, because of the lyrical context).

Speak Now has always been an album for me that needed to be "digested" a lot because the songs are so long and so storytelling-ful that I'll commit listening to the whole TV album the next whole week.

url%5D

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

@That Venice Bitch after having to warn them in the marina thread for literally being transphobic can they be banned now ? <3

omg they're the transphobe from the marina thread... electric chair. IMMEDIATELY.

anyways! i listened to the album in full and i think my main gripe is that her vocals don't feel as in tune with the songs as the og version. yes, she's 13 years older, but more vocally demanding songs like dear john and haunted sound kind of lifeless compared to the ogs

Only got through Enchanted last night with my boyfriend, we will finish the rest up tonight. Some songs seem more successful than others. BTD and Mine sounded really good. I’m mostly underwhelmed by Sparks Fly and Enchanted (my two faves from the album). Something seems off with the vocals. But I think it’s just different and we will adjust in time.

I did watch the I Can See You video, and I really liked the song and the video! 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 hours ago, bigspender said:

It wasn’t even transphobic, I made a statement about how barely any biological women were featured in Marinas magazine. Get a grip and stop following me around threads hun. 

6 minutes ago, creditcardromancer said:

It wasn’t even transphobic, I made a statement about how barely any biological women were featured in Marinas magazine. Get a grip and stop following me around threads hun. 

you can get a grip, self absorbed/important terf. being on threads on the website doesn’t mean i’m following you around which is the last thing i’d do by the way. you still ended up getting a warning for your post so i think you said more than that, hun. don’t reply cause i don’t gaf and anyways we can get back onto taylor swift!

enchanted 😍

giphy.gif

ok after a lot of listens, here’s how i feel so far:

Mine OG > Mine TV

Sparks Fly OG > Sparks Fly TV

Back To December OG > Back To December TV

Speak now TV > Speak Now OG

Dear John OG > Dear John TV

Mean TV > Mean OG

The Story Of Us TV > The Story Of Us OG

Never Grow Up TV > Never Grow Up OG

Enchanted TV > Enchanted OG

Better Than Revenge OG > Better Than Revenge TV

Innocent TV > Innocent OG

Haunted OG > Haunted TV

Last Kiss OG > Last Kiss TV

Long Live TV > Long Live OG

Ours TV > Ours OG

Superman TV > Superman OG

1 minute ago, lannisterpussy said:

ok after a lot of listens, here’s how i feel so far:

Mine OG > Mine TV

Sparks Fly OG > Sparks Fly TV

Back To December OG > Back To December TV

Speak now TV > Speak Now OG

Dear John OG > Dear John TV

Mean TV > Mean OG

Never Grow Up TV > Never Grow Up OG

Enchanted TV > Enchanted OG

Better Than Revenge OG > Better Than Revenge TV

Innocent TV > Innocent OG

Haunted OG > Haunted TV

Last Kiss OG > Last Kiss TV

Long Live TV > Long Live OG

Ours TV > Ours OG

Superman TV > Superman OG

You skipped The Story of Us and If This was a Movie btw

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

He's annoying... the reason she dropped the tracklist instead of a teaser video is because someone leaked the back cover before she had a chance to. Also, with the ongoing writer's strike, options are limited on where she could perform/promote it. She's on tour too so doesn't have all the time in the world to shoot the TikToks and stuff like previous albums. I think each release has been an experiment in different ways to promote things and avoid feeling overexposed.

BzhmW.png