lola

Taylor Swift

Not a fan. Simply sounds like a weaker, inferior version. Rather sad since Reputation, the original, is my favourite album from her and LWYMMD one of my favourite songs. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, rancidgirl said:

i think lana is the only popular forum lol.. other artists used to have forums but they died and got deleted

nataliaboards charliboards marinaboards

Gaga has Gagadaily (still active) Britney has breathe heavy (still active). 

I'm not sure about Taylor tho

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Not a fan. Simply sounds like a weaker, inferior version. Rather sad since Reputation, the original, is my favourite album from her and LWYMMD one of my favourite songs. 

To be fair, it's incredibly difficult to re-emulate the feelings and emotions captured in the original recordings 

it sounds fine? i can actually tell her voice sounds different though, which i'm surprised i can. the production sounds much weaker but it's for a trailer so i'm not going to judge it yet.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

it sounds fine? i can actually tell her voice sounds different though, which i'm surprised i can. the production sounds much weaker but it's for a trailer so i'm not going to judge it yet.

The way we are all manifesting for Look What You Made Me Do (Rock Version) (Taylor’s Version)

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

Also the higher do’s sound weird against the original sounding ones. They also sound copy and pasted to me 😭

Spoiler

If this is the final mix and master then we will be streaming reputation (scooter’s version)

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

To be fair, it's incredibly difficult to re-emulate the feelings and emotions captured in the original recordings 

And that's one of the reasons why I for the most part, don't enjoy these re-recordings or think they were really necessary at all. 

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Which is why I don't enjoy these re-recordings for the most part or think they were necessary.

they were necessary so she could own her work without having to give money to the men who stole it from her and "earn" back her albums one by one

12 minutes ago, taco truck said:

they were necessary so she could own her work without having to give money to the men who stole it from her and "earn" back her albums one by one

But is "stealing" the right word when that was the contract she signed and Scooter Braun had all of the legal rights to buy them? :toofloppy: It's not just a Taylor thing, most artists don't own their masters unfortunately. That's just how the music industry works.

Like wow, this poor billionaire… having to share a fraction of earnings with a music industry guy. Trust she doesn't need anyones' extra money, but she knows her fans and she knows what she wants: $$$…… further evidenced by this whole CD/vinyl debacle within these last few pages.

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

But is "stealing" the right word when that was the contract she signed and Scooter Braun had all of the legal rights to buy them? :toofloppy: It's not just a Taylor thing, most artists don't own their masters unfortunately. That's just how the music industry works.

Like wow, this poor billionaire… having to share a fraction of earnings with a music industry guy. Trust she doesn't need anyones' extra money, but she knows her fans and she knows what she wants: $$$……

I think the biggest issue was licensing, no? (Also, side-note, she never signed a contract with Scooter Braun, she signed a contract with her former label, who then signed a contract with Scooter, allegedly without her consent, which they legally were allowed to do). 

Under the current ownership of the "stolen" masters, while she still gets creative control on who she can license those songs to, the fee--the most lucrative part of the deal--is paid to the owner of the masters, not the artist. Which is why we're seeing all these TV re-records pop-up in commercials, TV shows, trailers, etc. bc that's largely where the money is--not in the money made from streaming. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

3 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Like wow, this poor billionaire… having to share a fraction of earnings with a music industry guy. Trust she doesn't need anyones' extra money, but she knows her fans and she knows what she wants: $$$……

the contract she signed at 15? scott sold it to scooter knowing taylor didn't like him. the point taylor is trying to make is that it shouldn't be how the music industry works. and yes she's making tons of money from it but she's clearly trying to rub it in scooters face and make his sale worthless. 

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

this is why no matter how much effort taylor puts into them, the rerecordings will never be as good as the originals. you can't recapture lightning in a bottle.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

i'm happy for her getting to own her masters this way like seriously power to her but most artists don't own their work either and even if hardcore swifties boycott the original versions of the albums, lots of people will still buy & stream them and taylor already has so much money its not hurting her. but i mean i still buy all her rerecordings bc i want to support her and i like getting to hear vault tracks. but overall i still think it was unnecessary to rerecord all the albums and part of me feels like it was kind of greedy and like she's taking advantage of her fans

4 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

i'm happy for her getting to own her masters this way like seriously power to her but most artists don't own their work either and even if hardcore swifties boycott the original versions of the albums, lots of people will still buy & stream them and taylor already has so much money its not hurting her. but i mean i still buy all her rerecordings bc i want to support her and i like getting to hear vault tracks. but overall i still think it was unnecessary to rerecord all the albums and part of me feels like it was kind of greedy and like she's taking advantage of her fans

I’m happy you’re happy she’s getting what she already should be getting.

For the rest ? what did Scooter Brown do to deserve all that?

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

37 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

I’m happy you’re happy she’s getting what she already should be getting.

For the rest ? what did Scooter Brown do to deserve all that?

obviously scooter doesn't deserve to benefit from her work but that's just the sad reality of the music business. and no it shouldn't be like that and artists should all get to own their work but labels aren't gonna sign artists if they don't get something out of it so its not likely to change. these businesses thrive on being predatory. and obviously taylor should've been given the opportunity to buy her music first but its not the end of the world that she didn't get to like most artists never get the opportunity to own their music and they survive. she at least still makes money from those songs since she wrote them. artists who don't write their own music or own their masters barely make anything at all. and i'm glad taylor is bringing this whole predatory system to everyone's attention and hopefully this move helps bring at least a little change (just like when she got streaming services to pay smaller artists more) but the rerecordings still feel like she's weaponizing her fanbase and taking advantage of them and i just don't like that. but as i said i'm still buying all her rerecordings and supporting her anyway. and obviously the rerecordings have been very beneficial to her career so i'm glad its going well for her.

we’re definitely getting a new album in 2024 :makeup: she always follows the 2 year pattern with the exception of reputation & folkmore since those were unique circumstances with the kayne/kim drama and then covid.

debut - fearless - speak now - red - 1989 (all 2 years apart)

1989 - rep (3 years)

rep - lover (back to 2 years)

lover - folklore/evermore (1 year)

folklore/evermore - midnights (back to 2 years)

IMG-5728.jpg

re-recordings don’t even affect this because we got fearless & red in 2021 then midnights in 2022, so the pattern will be followed again with speak now & 1989 in 2023 then a new album in 2024. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ