lola

Taylor Swift

This is very brave of me but I’m coming out as my #1 being this song from speak now TV

IMG-5229.png

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

people saying 1989 isn’t beachy and taylor is changing the aesthetic :biblio: y’all new york is a STATE. a state full of islands such as long island, fire island, etc. new york city itself is built on islands…staten island and manhattan are full islands, brooklyn, queens, and the bronx have islands in them. 

1989 has always been a love letter to new york as a whole. and ny can look like this: 

IMG-6208.webp

IMG-6207.jpg

IMG-6200.jpg

IMG-6201.jpg

her iconic beach photoshoot during the 1989 era:

IMG-6205.png

people are so confused over the beach aesthetic because they think beach = california warm summer palm trees…but from the pictures i posted, you can see that the beaches are cool, blue, and very east coast. it’s so 1989. some tracks match a nyc glamorous vibe, but most tracks match the island vibe. the only songs that stand out to me as being super “bright lights nyc” is welcome to new york and new romantics. the rest of the album can honestly be rich bitch in hamptons.

also people are acting like the music videos showed times square, skyscrapers, clubbing in the city…those were never the visuals.

out of the woods and style music videos were filmed on beaches with visuals of ocean waves and woodlands, plus have a cold aesthetic of snow, rain, and lightning. 

style: 

Spoiler

IMG-6217.jpg

IMG-6218.jpg

IMG-6219.png

IMG-6220.png

IMG-6231.jpg

ootw:

Spoiler

IMG-6233.jpg

IMG-6223.jpg

IMG-6210.jpg

the blank space music video was filmed in long island mansions. wildest dreams was filmed in a damn safari, full of sand. bad blood is the only nyc music video. again 1989 is the entirety of new york and not just one area. 

tweets like this irk me 

IMG-6214.jpg

IMG-6211.jpg

like i get where y’all are coming from but i feel like the pop songs are what give you “nyc” vibes, the visuals have never been just nyc however. 

IMG-6215.jpg

1989 era tay:

Spoiler

IMG-6225.jpg

IMG-6226.jpg

IMG-6238.jpg

IMG-6237.jpg

IMG-6228.jpg

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

people saying 1989 isn’t beachy and taylor is changing the aesthetic :biblio:

the aesthetic went from cool rich NYC socialite with a beach house to a frumpy Hollister advertisement lol :oopna2:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

5 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

people saying 1989 isn’t beachy and taylor is changing the aesthetic :biblio: y’all new york is a STATE. a state full of islands such as long island, fire island, etc. new york city itself is built on islands…staten island and manhattan are full islands, brooklyn, queens, and the bronx have islands in them. 

1989 has always been a love letter to new york as a whole. and ny can look like this: 

IMG-6208.webp

IMG-6207.jpg

IMG-6200.jpg

IMG-6201.jpg

her iconic beach photoshoot during the 1989 era:

IMG-6205.png

people are so confused over the beach aesthetic because they think beach = california warm summer palm trees…but from the pictures i posted, you can see that the beaches are cool, blue, and very east coast. it’s so 1989. some tracks match a nyc glamorous vibe, but most tracks match the island vibe. the only songs that stand out to me as being super “bright lights nyc” is welcome to new york and new romantics. the rest of the album can honestly be rich bitch in hamptons.

also people are acting like the music videos showed times square, skyscrapers, clubbing in the city…those were never the visuals.

out of the woods and style music videos were filmed on beaches with visuals of ocean waves and woodlands, plus have a cold aesthetic of snow, rain, and lightning. 

style: 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-6217.jpg

IMG-6218.jpg

IMG-6219.png

IMG-6220.png

IMG-6231.jpg

ootw:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-6233.jpg

IMG-6223.jpg

IMG-6210.jpg

the blank space music video was filmed in long island mansions. wildest dreams was filmed in a damn safari, full of sand. bad blood is the only nyc music video. again 1989 is the entirety of new york and not just one area. 

tweets like this irk me 

IMG-6214.jpg

IMG-6211.jpg

like i get where y’all are coming from but i feel like the pop songs are what give you “nyc” vibes, the visuals have never been just nyc however. 

IMG-6215.jpg

1989 era tay:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-6225.jpg

IMG-6226.jpg

IMG-6238.jpg

IMG-6237.jpg

IMG-6228.jpg

yes but lets not forget about the New York City part

taylor-swift-24-660-2bb597a5cd454275874a

2014TaylorSwift_Press_190814-1.jpg

also the lyrics

The lights are so bright, but they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York, it's been waitin' for you

2 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

it definitely won’t be 

I don’t know, Kinda poetic in a way. She’d leave on top, Pursue directing, Family if that’s what she wants. I’d personally love to see her continue forever, But just listening to Hits Different thinking of the line: you were the one I loved don’t need another metaphor…

Idk…

IMG-3521.jpg