lola

Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

(I know we read a lot on LB that Lana should move on from Jack, but to me, Taylor needs to switch it up by bringing someone else on board :oic2:)

That's a very polarizing thing people talk about in the TS fandom, and lord do I agree with you. I don't think she needs to stop working with him entirely, but his work is getting boring and sounding the same in some songs. We need someone new like how she brought more people on for "Lavender Haze" and "Karma". She also experimented with more producers a lot on evermore, and I feel she should do that more.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

- review -

To start off, in my opinion, this is a great re-recording! Most of the songs sound the same, or slightly better, except for a few exceptions. Obviously, Style was botched, but I already made my peace with that wayyyy before I heard the song, because I knew she couldn't re-create it (it's like lightning in a bottle). I know everyone's complaining about Blank Space, but it's not horrible! The original is miles better tho. The TVs that really sounded improved to me was definitely AYHTDWS, HYGTG and Clean. AYHTDWS is such a bop, and the "Stays" sound really great, which I didn't expect. HYGTG is still a bop, and I found Clean's production really nice! The rest of the tracks I didn't mention sound the same to me and I have no problems with them.

As for the vault tracks... I knew they were going to sound... different, since Jack produced most of them. Slut! is quite good, not my fav, but I really love the dream-pop aspects of it. Say Don't Go *might* be my fav, but it's a close tie with "Is It Over Now". Now That We Don't Talk is ok- but it doesn't stand out to me, really, I thought Suburban Legends was pretty good! It's not my favorite, but I really love the bridge. Is It Over Now is a very interesting track- I didn't love the seagulls/synthy voices at the beginning, but everything else about the song is great. I don't think this vault is her best so far, but she gave us good tracks. Here is my ranking of the vaults so far

1. Red TV

2. Speak Now TV

3. 1989 TV

- barrier -

4. Fearless TV

Taylor did a nice job with this one, and I'm not sad about parting ways with the original album.

zLreinD.gif

Ok, when 1989 originally came out, there was a remix of it that used the solo vocals with the Kendrick remix instrumental, can someone do that for the Taylor’s Version? 

5-EAF829-B-1-F87-43-C3-A34-A-C196028-AD9

If you like reactions, go watch this. My favorite swiftie channel. He is VERY critical, I love him.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

I know that we have talked about Jack for a million times already but Rollercoaster by Bleachers used to be one of my most listened songs last summer and i'm only now realizing that the instrumental of You are in love at some parts is almost identical

why didn't i realize it earlier :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, Meat Candle said:

The vault tracks are fine.  Idk if I believe that any of them are actually 1989 outtakes though

They sound too much like midnights, I think Say don't go it's literally you're losing me 

8 minutes ago, Meat Candle said:

The vault tracks are fine.  Idk if I believe that any of them are actually 1989 outtakes though

Same. I did enjoy 1989 but i had higher hopes ngl. Speak Now and Red remain my fave re-records

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • 

no tea no shade but sometimes when i listen to taylor i feel so grateful to be a lana stan. taylor’s style is talk-singing while lana is so much more melodic. taylor’s writing has its good moments but gosh a lot of her lyrics are either cheesy or trying too hard…it makes me appreciate how natural lana’s lyrics sound, how incredible she is as an artist. for example in midnights while the lyrics are well written, they’re just too much if that makes sense. too verbose, too tacky. and the vault tracks sound straight out of midnights. 

i don’t like these lyrics at all tbh and it makes the vault tracks unlistenable. 

“You had people who called you on unmarked numbers
In my peripheral vision
I let it slide like a hose on a slippery plastic summer
All was quickly forgiven
You were so magnetic, it was almost obnoxious
Flush with the currency of cool
I was always turnin' out my empty pockets
And when it came to you”

”Let's fast forward to three hundred takeout coffees later
I see your profile and your smile on unsuspecting waiters
You dream of my mouth before it called you a lying traitor
You search in every maiden's bed for something greater, baby”

“Let's fast forward to three hundred awkward blind dates later 
If she's got blue eyes, I will surmise that you'll probably date her”

“You part the crowd like the red sea”

”I don't have to pretend I like acid rock
Or that I'd like to be on a mega yacht
With important men who think important thoughts
Guess maybe I am better off now that we don't talk
And the only way back to my dignity
Was to turn into a shrouded mystery
Just like I had been when you were chasing me”

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, Embach said:

Why Fearless TV gets 0 attention? It's her best re-recorded album, better than the og too imo :assad:

its just... there

it set a very high bar for the re recordings tho

also why did taylor stop using tour pics like she did with fearless and red tv like there are only 5 photos from the fearless tv shoot that are new

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

If any of the vault tracks actually ARE from 1989 sessions, it would be a shame if the original demos ended up online like what happened with Forever Winter.  I would HATE that.  I hope that DOESN’T happen :creepna3:

45 minutes ago, Meat Candle said:

If any of the vault tracks actually ARE from 1989 sessions, it would be a shame if the original demos ended up online like what happened with Forever Winter.  I would HATE that.  I hope that DOESN’T happen :creepna3:

yes all 5 confirmed to exist from back 2014 days but omg why what’s the provblem with that:noparty: i beg that these would appear online especially is it over now and i can put that on og album

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

20 minutes ago, Meat Candle said:

Oh they are 100% outtakes. The song writing on slut! is how she wrote around that time! I do believe that she wrote ATW 10min version later, but these are def outtakes.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

- Now That We Don't Talk was written near the end of 1989, but at the time Taylor wasn't happy with the production.

- "Slut!" could have been included on 1989 instead of Blank Space, but Taylor felt the song resonated more with the California aesthetic, while the album's action takes place in New York City.

- Is It Over Now is the sister of Out Of The Woods and I Wish You Would in Taylor's mind. The album ends with this song because of the wordplay in the title, "Is It Over Now?"

was said by taylor herself, from here https://music.tumblr.com/post/732303826247467009/taylor-swift-is-it-over-now

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y