xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

absolutely pissed that the standard black vinyl is $10 cheaper on Amazon AND HAS FREE SHIPPING. (https://www.amazon.com/Cowboy-Carter-Black-Lp-Beyonce/dp/B0CZ9JQV1C/)

Since the Renaissance limited edition vinyl was actually limited, I immediately pre-ordered the non-cancelable "limited" Cowboy Carter vinyl on black vinyl - and paid $10 for shipping on top of that. Now it's on Amazon. The physical rollout for this album has been messy ngl. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I haven't seen anyone say it on here but ik a lot of people think she shouldn't have changed the lyrics for her version of Jolene and their reasoning is that it makes her a "pick me" or what ever but she clearly already addressed that side of the situation with Lemonade so she didn't need to do it again. Duh.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:05 AM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I’m obsessed with bodyguard :bop:

Me too! And levise jeans, blackbird, II most wanted, ya ya, the opening track. WHAT AN ALBUM.

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Me too! And levise jeans, blackbird, II most wanted, ya ya, the opening track. WHAT AN ALBUM.

All of the above!! 

I didn’t listen to act I but after hearing this maybe I should!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

All of the above!! 

I prefer CC and her self-titled album, but you definitely should listen to ACT 1! :worship:

On 3/31/2024 at 3:37 PM, Chemtrail said:

I haven't seen anyone say it on here but ik a lot of people think she shouldn't have changed the lyrics for her version of Jolene and their reasoning is that it makes her a "pick me" or what ever but she clearly already addressed that side of the situation with Lemonade so she didn't need to do it again. Duh.

I have been thinking a lot about if I like the lyrics change or not but I think it was a good move. I think Jolene is one of the saddest, most desparate songs ever written and no cover comes close to Dolly's version. By changing the lyrics, Beyonce really made it her own and suitable to her image as a self confident woman, so I think that approach is 100% justified. The song develops an own life by her rework. 

It was expensive watch it 

5 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

All of the above!! 

I did, but I never really got into it. Some nice tracks, but too disco for my taste 🙈 just not my genre. 

On 3/31/2024 at 1:58 AM, Mer said:

"Tyrant" is such an iconic song. Honestly this is some of Beyoncé's best work :oprah:

Fully agree. I loved the slight country touch of lemonade, which is my favorite album by her, so naturally I go crazy for this one 😍 especially as a country and Dolly lover ❤️

It was expensive watch it 

Standout songs for me: Ameriican Requiem (& Amen), My Rose, Jolene, Daughter, Spaghettii, Flamenco, Ya Ya, Desert Eagle, II Hands II Heaven, Tyrant and Sweet Honey Buckin' :worship:

Ok. I am OBSESSED with this album. Waking up to a beautiful sunny morning and listening to gentle, beautiful music like 'Protector' is almost a spiritual experience.

I'm so so glad she chose country - it fits her like a fucking glove, and I've never been a bigger fan.

You can also hear how all the instruments are natural, and not overproduced like most music nowadays. Almost feels like her and a couple of musicians in a good studio, jamming. That's my fav part. Real music, by a real artist. God damn, it's good!

Ya Ya being one of the few missing (but essential) songs missing from the first pressings gives me even more hope Act III really is a rock album that she's probably still working on rn

One thing I love that she does, that I wish Lana would do, is how she breaks up the songs into smaller pieces. My biggest complaint about The Grants is the 30 seconds of the girls messing up. I wish that was it’s own ‘intro’ and let The Grants be its own song. Like yeah, a good handful of the songs on this album are under a minute, but it works SO well and it gives songs (I feel) more replay value because you don’t have to listen to Dolly P to listen to Jolene

"Don’t forget me"

23 hours ago, DCooper said:

This album is simply divine. An ambitious concept executed flawlessly. A stunning piece of art. 

:gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap::gclap:

YES

this weeks las culturistas ep does a deep dive review track by track and they are so right on

aOaIzH2.gif

7 hours ago, NikoGo said:

One thing I love that she does, that I wish Lana would do, is how she breaks up the songs into smaller pieces. My biggest complaint about The Grants is the 30 seconds of the girls messing up. I wish that was it’s own ‘intro’ and let The Grants be its own song. Like yeah, a good handful of the songs on this album are under a minute, but it works SO well and it gives songs (I feel) more replay value because you don’t have to listen to Dolly P to listen to Jolene

I'm not necessarily a fan of those types of interludes. It does work well on Cowboy Carter, though.

That being said, I think Lana could do wonders with that. Vintage sounds, radio announcements, small bits of poetry, a cappella... It's also something she hasn't done before.

If this album had a few fast-paced songs, some cool interludes like that, and a few fire collabs, +Henry, Prettiest Girl etc, we'd be fed, and we'd be fed well.