Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

Maybe the gays (well, anybody, ig) in this thread are focusing their opinions on Troye....because he is a gay singer, and they are fans of his, lol. Are they really listening to reggaetron & newcomer rapper #524 with video vixens :dua:. It is the Troye thread, so of course opinions to his public work....will be in the Troye thread :agree:

Also, agree with @Veinsineon, very obviously a shock era thing. Incoming Pink News & Out Magazine push when. That's just the music industry though :smokes:. Bloom had its obvious sexual vibes too, I just can't remember if the MV had grinding, club vibes too- or if there even was an MV....

I'm just wondering why this wasn't released for June...maybe too cliche? Would be written off as a "Okay its July, we can leave now" song :blush3:

Just now, Chorli Xbox said:

yeah no it’s not lol

Agreed, 90% is wayyyy to high a number. The majority of gay people still live in regions and countries were this would be a death sentence, either literally or socially. And even if it were, it shouldn't be an identifier, imo. Our sexual experiences do not define our sexual identity or pride in our selves/community. You can be gay, and be sexy, and be liberated without having to partake in Grindr/Hookup culture. 

I know this video is just for the vibes, but I think these convos are interesting and important. It's not so serious, but also it's interesting to talk about as if it were (as long as we all remain friendly).

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

19 minutes ago, Mer said:

I totally agree. You can celebrate your queerness, and be proud of your sexuality, without constantly having to be sexual (or sexualized). It's not offensive, but like so much of our modern media, it confuses identity liberation with sexual prowess--which not every one needs to equate. 

yes, this is exactly what I meant - in case some people might think i'm conservative lol fuck nooo, i'm from an Asian country and we've been fucking censored for our whole life lmaooo im sick of it.

But again, there's a fine line between sexing it up for the "art" the "celebration" and abusing that to sell your products through stunts and short-term stimulation (like soooo many artists i've seen these days, either queer or straight lol). For example: Euphoria - a good show of course, but the hyper-sexualized teenagers? That's the fine line

and of course we have Sam Smith and his cringey, tryhard sexual propaganda.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

wasn’t really referring to you but mostly responding based on a couple of takes i read in here.

i don’t think he was trying to promote anything, tbh. although we can easily admit that what is seen in the music video is like the 90% of the experiences a lot of gay men go through, i just see the video as a silly little video any other straight artist would’ve made. mind you, i never experienced anything that’s portrayed in the mv and i just didn’t take it that seriously. it’s for the vibes 

well. then u get what i mean haha - the mv is fun for me tho, I just personally dont think it's the best queer-represention visual troye made and there's nothing wrong with that, still an aesthetically pleasing MV and we have Blue neighbourhood trilogy anyway

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

wasn’t really referring to you but mostly responding based on a couple of takes i read in here.

i don’t think he was trying to promote anything, tbh. although we can easily admit that what is seen in the music video is like the 90% of the experiences a lot of gay men go through, i just see the video as a silly little video any other straight artist would’ve made. mind you, i never experienced anything that’s portrayed in the mv and i just didn’t take it that seriously. it’s for the vibes 

Ninety percent? What world are you living in!? Sorry, but you sound closed minded. How do you even come to this conclusion. 

I also think it's important to note, here, that Troye himself has always maintained that he does not view himself as the "voice" of the LGBTQ+ community, citing the fact that he was a "white middle class Australian" gay, who had the "easiest coming out". 

I really don't think he's trying to make a political statement with this vid. He recognizes that he is not the most important, or the most revered, voice in the community, 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

12 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I'm just wondering why this wasn't released for June...maybe too cliche? Would be written off as a "Okay its July, we can leave now" song :blush3:

He's calling out all the companies who changed their rainbow profile photo back to normal photo after Pride month ends, it's giving "I see y'all performative motherfuckers out there but i say it's Pride all year baby"

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

At least this sparked a conversation :true:! Then again....would be a bit embarrassing if the purposefully slutty video had 0 movement at all....like....that's the reason for the push and release, I wonder if this lead will only be promo-d at festivals, or maybe something bigger :um2:

The way I'll probably forget about this in 3 days :trisha: #Ifeeltherush

3 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

At least this sparked a conversation :true:! Then again....would be a bit embarrassing if the purposefully slutty video had 0 movement at all....like....that's the reason for the push and release, I wonder if this lead will only be promo-d at festivals, or maybe something bigger :um2:

The way I'll probably forget about this in 3 days :trisha: #Ifeeltherush

Yeah the song is not bad but it will age faster than i think sadly, lol that's just the truth

But irdgaf, because i know there are HUGE SERVES in this era that we are about to discover later, and i know this album will GAG me the way Bloom did (Myx3 is my least fav from that album)

so in the meantime... #ifeeltherush

47 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

This whole thing might read as QFTC but same goes for the whole “it’s only skinny people in the video” argument- I get where people are coming from and see their point but if you’re gonna start calling out Troye for this then where’s that same energy for literally any other mainstream artist out there. And that’s not me getting into “whataboutism”, I just think it’s weird people specifically choose this Troye video to call that out, cause I never see the same about the dancers in other pop stars’ videos lol. I guess all this mostly comes from gay people wanting to be represented and being upset that one of the few people that can represent them in media doesn’t, but again it’s not his responsibility to represent your experience.

I don’t really know how to describe it but I think people expected him to include different body types because as queer ppl we tend to give platform to those who are often discriminated more or less like us, idk about other countries but in Poland body positivity is mainly promoted by queer culture and since we’re more open minded we help each other and try to be inclusive in every possible way 

I guess he decided to follow the "sex sells" motif after being on The Idol 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

12 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

he really thought he’d have a WAP moment with the mv:bebe:

anyways the song sounds like another radio force-fed type song, so surprised pitchfork gave it best new track cause it sucks

It was done due to the video, the song is very everything-else-in-pop ***IMO***

It is catchy though (but that's the bare minimum). PR for Pitchfork to endorse/promote it, will cause conversations/arguments/etc = More web traffic and good rapport with whatever team and label he uses :smokes:. Maybe theres a biased staff member behind xyz picks, I don't pay attention to their usual picks though, so I can't say more than speculation 

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I don’t really know how to describe it but I think people expected him to include different body types because as queer ppl we tend to give platform to those who are often discriminated more or less like us, idk about other countries but in Poland body positivity is mainly promoted by queer culture and since we’re more open minded we help each other and try to be inclusive in every possible way 

this is why i despise woke culture, I swear i watched the MV for the first time i dont even think about that, I just think it's simply "all these people who joined this party at this setting", they love to make anything political these days... and yet that responsibility belongs to queer community only?

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

this is why i despise woke culture, I swear i watched the MV for the first time i dont even think about that, I just think it's simply "all these people who joined this party at this setting", they love to make anything political these days

Yeah I didn’t really think about that at first too but at the same time I think it would’ve been nice if he included some bigger body types in the video and it wouldn’t make it any less sexy tbh, honestly with this whole body liberated vibe it would just make sense and make the video even hotter 

30 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

although we can easily admit that what is seen in the music video is like the 90% of the experiences a lot of gay men go through

Well first,  that’s not true and second, from my experience, there are many people who are forced into this culture because it is perceived as “the norm”, which is what I believe the issue of some people on the thread were. That through this video, Troye is further promoting an aspect of gay culture that’s not necessarily positive for some people. I’m not critiquing Troye, he can so whatever he wants, but that doesn’t change the fact that the video is a bit cringe (yes, just like rappers, yes just like Marina’s HTBAHB etc etc). 

21 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

why can’t i just shut the fuck up for once i always have to state something controversial :xgiggle:

but the convo is interesting and the song itself is nice!

Nah, don't say that. Isn't the queer community meant to be an spectrum full of identities, ideologies and perspectives? There's no black and white in the fucking rainbow for a reason. 

As long as we all tolerate and respect each other's opinions, have the chance to respectfully portray our ideas, and don't force our own views on other members, what's the problem? Like you said, this whole stunt did exactly what he probably wanted in the first place: elicit and spark a reaction. Good strategy, Troye.

Friendly reminder that we all come from different backgrounds, with different coming out (or not) life stories. Not everybody had it easy, some of us are not quite where we'd like to be yet.

I might not agree with all of the things said here, but I have nothing but admiration for how brazen and brave y'all are.

And leaving all the controversy agenda aside, it all comes to the music at the end of the day, anyway. The song is really good, and I hope is a fucking hit, if he plays his cards right, why wouldn't it be? It's catchy as hell. He desperately wants it, and it shows.

10 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

and yet that responsibility belongs to queer community only?

I don’t think it belongs to queer people only sometimes it’s just for straight ppl the inclusivity/empathy bar is literally in hell :toofunny: