ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

What does her age have to do with anything? Just cuz she's 30 doesnt mean her music has to sound like old peoples...... Like shit Gwen Stefani in her 40's and her music still sounds like when she was younger. So does old ass Madonna.

Yeah, artist do grow. But being in love with Lana's BTD era and hoping she goes back to that is not whining.

This thread is a mess within itself. lol

But hey, let's just all have our hopes without bashing other people's. 

and that's probably the reason why their music sounds like dated mess with no soul and in Madonna's case embarrassing and corny.

Some just stan for an image, not for the artist itself. 

The katy cunt stan how dare you bitch.

Get your generic 12 year olds cunt outta here.

Just trying to make it clear that I've never brought Mariah in any thread.

I've only defended her from low life cunts that tried to drag the greatest vocalist of our time.

To the young troubled Katy Perry fan, how rude of you. 

You are too young to be in this website, it is best to leave, just for the moment.  

I am very sure that I have never discussed Mariah Carey on any Lana Del Rey thread. 

I have only defended Mariah Carey from some rather, harsh, and even biased opinions from other members of this well-knit community from defaming a well-renowned vocalist from 76 centuries ago 

:troll:

I saw a picture of February's Vogue with Lana as the cover on tumblr, and it said that it would have information about Honeymoon. I just remembered about that, and checked the official site only to find out it was fake. 

I am heartbroken. :icant: :crai: :rollin: 

How long is it going to take to get actual infromation? How did it go with Ultraviolence?

I saw a picture of February's Vogue with Lana as the cover on tumblr, and it said that it would have information about Honeymoon. I just remembered about that, and checked the official site only to find out it was fake.

I am heartbroken. :icant: :crai: :rollin:

How long is it going to take to get actual infromation? How did it go with Ultraviolence?

Well only a month after announcing it she said she was finished and gave a few details and descriptions on her twitter. February came and and she gave a (false) release date then I think late March/early April she announced West Coast, that came out on the 13th (but here in the UK we didn't get the song on itunes till May 18th) then we got 3 or 4 more singles all around May, she confirmed a June release on a Radio interview, we got snippets early June then on the 13th it was out. Then of course we got that brilliant Shades Of Cool video, the not so great UV video and let's not even discuss the West Coast mess....

I only watched it once... once was enough :toofunny:

All in all it was a pretty great era, all things considered :agree:

Lmaoo I feel like I'm the only one is this whole forum who still likes Emile.... I may be biased because I love Born To Die lol.

I like Emile a lot (his work with FKA twigs is incredible), but I just don't think he's a good fit for Lana's overall musical style. She originally sought him out because she knew she wanted to create an album that combined strings and hip-hop beats and he provided the latter. Their collaboration worked well in that regard, but I think that sound would become too redundant if they made another album together. She's brilliant when it comes to choosing producers to materialize her intended sound, and I really hope that Ronson does help her create the jazz album that she has been wanting to make for a while.

I wonder if honeymoon will have a soul/blues vide like Back To Black or if Mark and Lana have a new approach/sound for Honeymoon. That's what is interesting to me anyway...

Either way IK I will probably like it :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Since there isn't any recent news and this thread tends to go off the rails, why don't we all name what we would like to see the album end up looking and sounding like? Just for fun!

Producers: Mainly Ronson, but a couple of tracks by David Lynch as well. I love his work with Julee Cruise and Lykke Li and it's perfect for Lana.

Genre: A mixture of Nina Simone-esque jazz and psychedelic rock/dream pop (sort of like Mazzy Star, The War on Drugs, or Beach House).

Lyrical content: I'm hoping for something more stripped-down and upbeat, but I love the idea of Fellini-inspired surrealism. As always, very personal but with a dose of story-telling and social commentary.

Artwork: I'm hoping for a colorful cover that features Lana in her usual cover pose, but smiling and set against a beautiful beach backdrop. Something like the Galore shoot. And hopefully the disc will feature new flowers...maybe hibiscus since they are lively and colorful.

Producers: anything but Haynie, his work on BtD was fantastic but WfL made me realise how stale it would feel he did the next album in the same style. bringing Auerbach back (lol) could be pretty decent.

Genre: i'd ideally like the "surf noir" of LDR to return, but that's pretty unlikely to happen so maybe soft jazz like Pin Up Galore or the downtown-jazz-singer feel of Sad Girl

Lyrical content: different to stuff she's done before. her lyrics are usually pretty exceptional, but i'm getting tired of her singing the same stuff about the same guys that feature in 4 albums and the huge unreleased catalog. i want some cynical lyrics that feature in songs like FMWUTTT, BKBY, or a different perspective of America as seen in West Coast. if anything, the return of the folk-tale Lana, as seen in HDYKMSW, would be superb.

Artwork: something similar to the stripped, laid-back and "natural" feel of the ultraviolence cover. i still firmly believe that it's the best album artwork yet, alongside LDR.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Lyrically, I'd love for her to go deeper into the dark areas of her own persona, She's joked about it in KOL and Jealous Girl, & hinted at it in the last verse of Alone and in Get Drunk, but I want her to go deep. I think Sad Girl's also really misunderstood & underestimated and I'd love for her to explore the ideas from that song.

Souindwise, perfect for me would be a mix of LDR & UV, meeting at songs like West Coast & Jump.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Producers: Can't tell if Ronson is still happening, but I'd really love that. I know she's friends with Kanye West, am I the only one that thinks that would be great? Maybe not for this particular project but something in the future. I hadn't even thought of David Lynch but just 1000x yes.

Genre: Straight up 20's blues/jazz would totally work for me. Part of me just wants Lana to get darker and darker with each record until her very last record causes a rise in suicide rates across the globe :lel:

Orchestral grunge/ surf noir maybe?

Lyrical content: I love all the interconnecting characters in Lana's music. Lana could just focus a whole record around a few characters and have each song as a piece to the story of the whole record, maybe sing all songs in third person, kind of like she's crooning a melodic folk tale.

Artwork: I have the coolest idea. Maybe Lana could make the whole album a visual album a la Beyoncé then have a looping gif for the front cover. Perhaps Lana spinning alone on a beach at midnight in a perfect loop? Yeah, pretty far fetched but it would be too iconic for words.

I like Emile a lot (his work with FKA twigs is incredible), but I just don't think he's a good fit for Lana's overall musical style. She originally sought him out because she knew she wanted to create an album that combined strings and hip-hop beats and he provided the latter. Their collaboration worked well in that regard, but I think that sound would become too redundant if they made another album together. She's brilliant when it comes to choosing producers to materialize her intended sound, and I really hope that Ronson does help her create the jazz album that she has been wanting to make for a while.

I see what you're saying.... but the whole ultraviolence album sounds kinda redundant also. Every song sounds sorta the same except Florida Kilos. Good thing she's no longer working with that producer lol. I agree with the FKA Twigs too!

I think it's good she's working with different producers and it'll be interesting to see what sound Lana goes for next.(She did say it'll be more like BTD and Paradise Edition, so I'm still fingers crossing for that though.)

I see what you're saying.... but the whole ultraviolence album sounds kinda redundant also. Every song sounds sorta the same except Florida Kilos. Good thing she's no longer working with that producer lol. I agree with the FKA Twigs too!

I think it's good she's working with different producers and it'll be interesting to see what sound Lana goes for next.(She did say it'll be more like BTD and Paradise Edition, so I'm still fingers crossing for that though.)

thanks for your ignorance. it's not appreciated,