Fluorine

Charli XCX

I heard BTR on the radio today - the clean version...  :rip:

How much is changed?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

"Rollercoaster ( :deadbanana:) 'til we die"

"Girl you wanna fly"

"Getting loud and getting wrecked"

At least something other than Boom Clap is getting airplay.  :defeated:

The Kidz Bop version should be "I just wanna go to school, I don't wanna break the rules"

"Rollercoaster ( :deadbanana:) 'til we die"

"Girl you wanna fly"

"Getting loud and getting wrecked"

At least something other than Boom Clap is getting airplay.  :defeated:

Dear god... They can't even say "coming up"? Why would Charli make a song so obviously created for mainstream success with the word high in it?  :defeated:  Damn radio censors... Why is it okay to talk about getting "wrecked" but not "high"?

The Kidz Bop version should be "I just wanna go to school, I don't wanna break the rules"

I JUST WANNA GO TO SCHOOL

I DONT WANNA BREAK THE RULES

BOYS N GIRLS ACROSS THE WORLD

PUTTING ON OUR LEARNING SHOES

GOING 2 THE CLASSOTEQUE

GETTING FLY AND GETTING CHECKED

I JUST WANNA GO TO SCHOOL

I DONT WANNA BREAK THE RULES

14417469274.gif

Just hitting me that Charli isn't known for Nuclear Seasons, Stay away, and True Romance anymore... She's known for being the singer on fancy, boom clap, and break the rules. And she's opening for katy perry...

I might need a new indie kween :< I really didn't see her going this way.i told someone I like Charli XCX the other day and then was later watching a katy perry video and they were like "you really love those sassy pop stars!" And they called her top 40.. Like what? She's totally not the same :( it's so depressing. Everything I stanned for before is no longer valid because when I tell people I like charli they now assume I like vapid top 40... Nobody knows the Charli I see soI'm kind of emabrassed to stan publicly now...

Just hitting me that Charli isn't known for Nuclear Seasons, Stay away, and True Romance anymore... She's known for being the singer on fancy, boom clap, and break the rules. And she's opening for katy perry...

I might need a new indie kween : it's so depressing. Everything I stanned for before is no longer valid because when I tell people I like charli they now assume I like vapid top 40... Nobody knows the Charli I see soI'm kind of emabrassed to stan publicly now...

I didn't wanna be the one to say it :toofunny: I say Sky Ferreira when I wanna be seen as ~indie :hairflip:

That reminds me of the non-controversy in this thread when I came out as liking Charli more than Sky...That's changed :icant:

I totally agree, it's like a year ago I felt super cool for loving Charli XCX, and now it's the total opposite. I will admit "Boom Clap" has finally grown to be my JAM this month, but i don't exactly go around admitting it's my song of the month like when say "Stay Away" was my song of the month.

H0bDaqU.gif

Lol when I want my ~indie cred I talk about twigs. :hooker:

But yeah you guys are all spot on basically. It kinda sucks that it's true, but. :( Like Charli was that awesome grunge-y looking tumblr girl that made awesome electronic / darkpop songs and now it's BTR & Fancy & Boom Clap.

I can't lie tho BTR kinda plays in my head every morning as I get ready for school... :toofunny: maybe it really can appeal to more than 14 year olds lmao 'cause I'm in college singing I don't wanna go to school.

14417469274.gif