Fluorine

Charli XCX

11 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I like Caught in the Middle and Boom Clap, but I agree with you about Die Tonight - I dislike that one, Money (That's What I Want), and Red Balloon. I enjoy the rest of the album tracks though :makeup:

Some of the outtakes would've been great on the album like: I Wanna Be Like You, Bel Air, Let's Make Love, etc

Exactly! Even better, imagine a repackage...

Spoiler

CD1

1. Sucker
  2. Break the Rules (don't like this one much but it works in the album so)
  3. SuperLove
  4. Breaking Up
  5. Gold Coins
  6. Boom Clap
  7. Doing It (feat. Rita Ora)
  8. Body of My Own
  9. Famous
  10. Hanging Around
  11. So Over You
  12. Caught In the Middle
  13. Need Ur Luv

CD2

1. 1 2 Bamboo
  2. It Doesn't Matter (Seven Day Holiday)
  3. Get Dirty
  4. Not In Love (feat. Noonie Bao)
  5. Let's Make Love
  6. Can You Please Shut Up
  7. Mow That Lawn
  8. Bel Air
  9. Like This
  10. Japan
  11. Light It Up

:true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just now, no1angel said:

She really put crack in the vinyl version of UTKM  :oprah3: I will not stop talking about this 

vinyl version was produced and mixed by Dopamine

The DSP version was mixed by Kevin Grainger

5 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

me watching y’all argue about p4u demo vs. released version while i spin the complete edit that combines them both flawlessly: :smokeney:

which edit ?? 
-

I had a really fun time at the Crash concert <3 I’m sad though that COVID has been going on for so long because I don’t think she really was able to go on a HIFN tour and basically sings like 2 songs (and P4U was sang a lot before HIFN was even released) from it now. I remember when HIFN first came out in the  beginning of quarantine and I was so excited to hear her sing these songs live! I wish there was an easier solution than going on separate tours but it sucks how it affected touring because I’m seeing it in other artists that released multiple albums during COVID and are touring now

sgopYhV.gif

3 minutes ago, Dima said:

Vinyl version just hits different :krylie: and to think I used to skip this masterpiece 

10 minutes ago, no1angel said:

She really put crack in the vinyl version of UTKM  :oprah3: I will not stop talking about this 

what's the difference between the two versions?

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

The mixing is different on the vocals and the pre chorus sounds more layered and anthemic. I’m pretty sure the synths are louder on the chorus too. It’s hard to explain but it just hits much harder :angie:

14 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

which edit ?? 

here is the final complete party 4 u edit I use... 

shoutout to @Jujuba for making it for me back when HIFN came out :heart:

he used @LMAlejandro's instrumental remake of the p4u demo & combined it with the final... balloon lovers rejoice!! 

14417469274.gif

24 minutes ago, no1angel said:

21 minutes ago, Dima said:

17 minutes ago, no1angel said:

Vinyl version just hits different :krylie: and to think I used to skip this masterpiece 

13 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

11 minutes ago, no1angel said:

The mixing is different on the vocals and the pre chorus sounds more layered and anthemic. I’m pretty sure the synths are louder on the chorus too. It’s hard to explain but it just hits much harder :angie:

Was that the only song that has a differences in the vinyl version?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

32 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

me watching y’all argue about p4u demo vs. released version while i spin the complete edit that combines them both flawlessly: :smokeney:

leak it please

edit: nevermind i cannot read :bebe: 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Sucker would be one of best to me if she removed caught in the middle, Die tonight, Boom clap and replaced them with literally anything else. 

Also if the mixing and production was less processed.

Honestly this would've been an amazing album... Especially if you replace some of the final tracks with the demos.

01. Sucker

02. Break The Rules

03. I Wanna Be Like You

04. Breaking Up

05. It Doesn't Matter (Seven Day Holiday)

06. Boom Clap

07. Doing It 

08. Body Of My Own

09. Can You Please Shut Up?

10. Famous

11. Let's Make Love

12. Caught In The Middle

13. Need Ur Luv

Deluxe: 

14. London Queen

15. Money (That's What I Want)

16. Mow That Lawn

17. SuperLove

I actually think die tonight could have been pretty solid but the beats on that song are so badly done and just sound “fake”-it hasn’t aged well. 

caught in the middle has never been one of my favourites-for me it’s just there-it’s got these barely audible guitars and then these chime sounds? The melodies aren’t that strong to me. 

Otherwise I actually love sucker a lot-it just needed some extra time. 

There’s a great song in Boom Clap too-a new wave version would smash.

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I actually think die tonight could have been pretty solid but the beats on that song are so badly done and just sound “fake”-it hasn’t aged well. 

caught in the middle has never been one of my favourites-for me it’s just there-it’s got these barely audible guitars and then these chime sounds? The melodies aren’t that strong to me. 

Otherwise I actually love sucker a lot-it just needed some extra time. 

i generally agree but i think they should've stayed within the pop rock / 80's-esque area rather than mixing "i love it" sequels with the already finished stuff (looking at break the rules + famous specifically - boom clap actually sonically fits it's just hated because it's overplayed and overrecognized)

i think it could've been something like this:

1. sucker

2. london queen (demo)

3. it doesn't matter (7 day holiday)

4. breaking up

5. boom clap (demo 2)

6. japan

7. doing it (demo)

8. body of my own

9. superlove

10. hanging around

11. mow that lawn

12. die tonight (demo)

13. need ur luv

bonus tracks:

14. allergic to love

15. let's make love

16. so over you

17. one two bamboo

edit: money (that's what i want) can be a japanese / target bonus track

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Sucker would be one of best to me if she removed caught in the middle, Die tonight, Boom clap and replaced them with literally anything else. 

Also if the mixing and production was less processed.

Why should she remove her biggest song?

Unpopular opinion but I actually wish there were more processed, pop songs on the album marketed towards young teens. She could've had the success that Fifth Harmony, Ariana Grande etc. had with that market. 

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i generally agree but i think they should've stayed within the pop rock / 80's-esque area rather than mixing "i love it" sequels with the already finished stuff (looking at break the rules + famous specifically - boom clap actually sonically fits it's just hated because it's overplayed and overrecognized)

i think it could've been something like this:

1. sucker

2. london queen (demo)

3. it doesn't matter (7 day holiday)

4. breaking up

5. boom clap (demo 2)

6. japan

7. doing it (demo)

8. body of my own

9. superlove

10. hanging around

11. mow that lawn

12. die tonight (demo)

13. need ur luv

bonus tracks:

14. allergic to love

15. let's make love

16. so over you

17. one two bamboo

Whenever I hear boom clap I’m thrown back tbh, like even break the rules fits the pop rock vibe to me with the girlgang  smells like teen sprite esque-grunge pop/edm fusion.

then you get into boom clap and doing it(though it’s great) and it just breaks the cohesion. 
it derails a little bit to me again when we get into caught in the middle and die tonight.

2 minutes ago, DearSociety13 said:

Why should she remove her biggest song?

Unpopular opinion but I actually wish there were more processed, pop songs on the album marketed towards young teens. She could've had the success that Fifth Harmony, Ariana Grande etc. had with that market. 

Doing it did this though and miles better.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Whenever I hear boom clap I’m thrown back tbh, like even break the rules fits the pop rock vibe to me with the girlgang  smells like teen sprite esque-grunge pop/edm fusion.

then you get into boom clap and doing it(though it’s great) and it just breaks the cohesion. 
it derails a little bit to me again when we get into caught in the middle and die tonight.

tbh we needed a double album

punky pop on disc 1 and more traditional/synthy stuff on disc 2

and break the rules + red balloon can stay away