Fluorine

Charli XCX

So conflicted... I don't know what I want from Charli anymore.

I thought I wanted an album, but maybe that desire was just for a physical music release that isn't limited or cassette tape. Realistically I don't know if I want a singular project that will be dragged out over a year long period. Yeah, with an album comes music videos and promo - but personally I don't think her music videos or live performances (in particular promotional appearances) have been very captivating lately.

I think she's better dropping projects and singles when she feels like it and that suits her fanbase more in the streaming era - but I do think there needs to be more quality control. Personally I think Pop 2 was progressive in sound but as a project seemed messy and rushed compared to Number 1 Angel. Also her current method proves she can drop experimental tracks for fans as well as mainstream singles for the GP that the label can push.

All in all, I just want her projects to be released on CD and Vinyl and to be accessible like an album - as opposed to Vroom Vroom being limited and Number 1 Angel / Pop 2 on cassette.