Fluorine

Charli XCX

I thought we didn't have the booklet in HQ though....  :crossed:

True... but it's not quite overwhelming, so I'm cool with having the digital album only! :P Obviously it'd be nice to have the CD but prices are too absurd. I wonder if it wasn't Anthony who sold his copy?

You're the One is the second worst song on the album, behind the horrid rendition of Set Me Free. I just don't understand how you can take such an amazing demo and ruin it entirely?? :( But yeah, I find You're the One really boring. I can't at seeing someone (sorry, on mobile and don't remember their name) say Stay Away is repetitive... YTO is like the epitome of repetitive. I do like the demo of it though.

14417469274.gif

You're the One is the second worse song on the album, behind the horrid rendition of Set Me Free. I just don't understand how you can take such an amazing demo and ruin it entirely?? :( But yeah, I find You're the One really boring. I can't at seeing someone (sorry, on mobile and don't remember their name) say Stay Away is repetitive... YTO is like the epitome of repetitive. I do like the demo of it though.

I have to agree with you there  :hooker:

YTO was the first song I heard by her back in August of last year and I HATED it  :deadbanana:

ok I see the points about how at least Stay Away's verses add to the song whereas You're the One's verses are all metaphorical and abstract and don't have much to do literally with the chorus like in Stay Away... But how can you say Stay Away isn't repetitive? "Stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away. Stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away"  :teehee:

I mean I love Stay Away, but it is repetitive at times... Still my favorite/second favorite, just something I noticed that if I listen to it too much now it's not as exciting. Idk, I sound wishy washy because now I'm kind of taking it back... It is an amazing song and it's not repetitive to an annoying degree, the repetiveness works for sure, but how can you say it's not at all repetitive with how many times she says "stay away"?

I think it's less repetitive lyrically than you're the one... Sure she says "you're the one" a lot, but she says "who can make me stay" "stealing stars" etc... She never just goes "youre the one, youre the one, youre the one" for a whole chorus.

I kind of noticed a trend though... If you think about it, most of Charli's songs are very repetitive, based around the title... 

HOW CAN I FIXED WHAT I FUCKED UP HOW CAN I HOW CAN I HOW CAN I FIX

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY

BLACK ROSES BLACK ROSES BLACK ROSES BLACK ROSES

TAKE MY HAND JUST TAKE MY HAND TAKE MY HAND WONT YOU PLEASE JUST TAKE MY HAND

lol sorry I had to...

It's only because she's my second favorite artist and I think she's perfect that I jokingly make fun of her. She's flawless and I love everything she does... Don't take my rants too seriously, honestly every song on True Romance is great in one way or another and Stay Away is one of my favorite songs EVER. I'm just being hypercritical. For every one thing I could say is a con, there's 100 pros.

I think it's less repetitive lyrically than you're the one... Sure she says "you're the one" a lot, but she says "who can make me stay" "stealing stars" etc... She never just goes "youre the one, youre the one, youre the one" for a whole chorus.

Well the parts where she says "stay away" in succession aren't necessarily repetitive.. & those parts aren't the chorus either. I mean, I know that the word "repetitive" word means something that repeats a lot, but I think that in terms of music, it means more of a part of a song that is repeated a lot, and not necessarily a word or phrase. When I think of how YTO is repetitive, it's not because she says "you're the one" a lot, I think it's because of how there's not really a differentiating build for the choruses or anything like that. I hope I'm making sense. :ohno: It just seems, as I think someone already mentioned a few pages back, as if the verses & chorus is playing on a loop. That's how it feels repetitive to me, anyway. Like there's no build-up or difference in the parts of it, except for the part at the end. 

14417469274.gif

yeah after i typed all that up I figured you meant musically in the production but I had already made my point lol...

I mean, I guess it's pretty formulaic, verse chorus similar verse, another chorus, end bit... I just like it anyway I guess. It doesn't sound repetitive to me because it's so energetic and I don't get sick of that bursting chorus no matter how many times it repeats itself.

I kind of noticed a trend though... If you think about it, most of Charli's songs are very repetitive, based around the title...

This doesn't bother me too much (I like Lady Gaga so repetition ain't no thang :teehee:), but usually the songs were she does a little more in the chorus are the best. See: Valentine, Glow, I'll Never Know

However, I get my life from just saying Take My Hand and End of the World over and over and over and over, so it's all good.

You're the One was always just bland for me. I think it's a bit better live because she puts some energy into it but like I find myself the entire song feeling this buildup that never amounts to anything but a lackluster chorus. The only part I really enjoy is the little outro. And I dont think the final of Set Me Free is as awful as everyone else thinks it is. I'll agree the demos were better but I like the album version too.

I dont think the final of Set Me Free is as awful as everyone else thinks it is.

I've actually only seen praise for it, which is appalling. :rip:

Do you listen to his other music as well?

Nope! I just put his name there to be technically correct in the title & artist name so that no one would correct me and get on my nerves. :party:

14417469274.gif

You're the One was always just bland for me. I think it's a bit better live because she puts some energy into it but like I find myself the entire song feeling this buildup that never amounts to anything but a lackluster chorus. The only part I really enjoy is the little outro. And I dont think the final of Set Me Free is as awful as everyone else thinks it is. I'll agree the demos were better but I like the album version too.

Oddly enough, I have the same problem with Set Me Free that you (and some others) have with You're the One. I feel this build up to something that is just never fully realized (except when she does it live). In the studio version the chorus is so polished that it just feels bland, and it's the same exact chorus 3 times. It never gets exciting (I like how when she did it live sometimes in the last chorus she would add extra "ohhh"s and such)

Set Me Free is just so much more tame, repetitive, and boring than I hoped it would be from the live version (and the demo, although I didn't hear it until after the studio version)

Set Me Free is one of those songs that is really cool live though.

I guess in a way, Set Me Free and You're the One are VERY similar... They are both repetitive and structured very methodically (verse, chorus, same verse pattern, same chorus. The difference is Set Me Free has that bridge, and You're the One has sort of a bridge at the end instead).

I just like You're the One and find it exciting for some reason, while Set Me free just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't have the same edge in my opinion. I find it too polished and robotic in the chorus.

Oddly enough, I have the same problem with Set Me Free that you (and some others) have with You're the One. I feel this build up to something that is just never fully realized (except when she does it live). In the studio version the chorus is so polished that it just feels bland, and it's the same exact chorus 3 times. It never gets exciting (I like how when she did it live sometimes in the last chorus she would add extra "ohhh"s and such)

Set Me Free is just so much more tame, repetitive, and boring than I hoped it would be from the live version (and the demo, although I didn't hear it until after the studio version)

Set Me Free is one of those songs that is really cool live though.

I'm glad to see someone agree with me on Set Me Free. :defeated:

No but the album version is just so horrible and lazy and fucking boring. There is no effort in her voice. No variation in the backing track. Nothing. 

14417469274.gif

I just bought 'No Requests' by Ocelot. Now I have to wait for it. Yay.

holla at a homegirl when u get it :kiss: (please :ohno:)

hopefully you enjoy more than just the Charli song considering you're buying the whole CD

14417469274.gif

OMG soon we'll have the best quality of everything possible. Thanks cimb :hoe:

On-topic: what is the highest bitrate that Heartbreaks and Earthquakes is available in? And if anyone has Emelline and Art Bitch in lossless...well, it's about time I upgraded.

OMG soon we'll have the best quality of everything possible. Thanks cimb :hoe:

On-topic: what is the highest bitrate that Heartbreaks and Earthquakes is available in? And if anyone has Emelline and Art Bitch in lossless...well, it's about time I upgraded.

:eek: i rip all my cd's in AAC iTunes+ 256. Is it really different than lossless? I mean it's iTunes quality..