Fluorine

Charli XCX

didn't know you were InEvolWeTrust on tumblr until I saw that haha. Is StormRiver a member on here under a different name too?

No, StormRiver goes by "Storm River" here.

X----into me, into you----X

I like it a lot, like a lot a lot, but I wouldn't show it to somebody who isn't already a fan.  :smokes3:

I might have when I was 14 :creep:

I like to imagine her writing NF&G and Franchesckaar at the very end of the process and thinking "shit, I'm brilliant." Then going from there with her style :flutter:

I have decided that Mauritius is the most embarrassing.

Why have we never properly discussed 14? :read:

Shall we rate it like good stans would, song-by-song? :hooker:

Uh oh, I'm relistening to the entire album as I type this..  :biblio:

!Franchesckaar! 9/10

I've always really liked this song and I'm glad to have it in HQ now (I never got the single). I love the backing track, I think it's brilliant and just really well put together. The lyrics are kinda dumb to me though, keeping it from having 10/10. Maybe I'm the problem though, and I need to be a hormonal jealous 14 year old filled with angst to fully understand the song.. though I'm not too far from that description tbh.

Lucy 7/10

The intro makes me cringe a bit and from it I totally understand why Charli doesn't want her old stuff heard. I do think that it's an overall cute song though with a really catchy chorus! It's also really great for inside jokes within the fanbase, telling someone that no one wants them here to the tune of the song. 

Chas's Song 7/10

The first few strums of the guitar make me really reminiscent of the Juno Soundtrack, which is a really good thing for me. I appreciate the lyrics in that regard too, and I think it's an overall good song that just lacks a bit in melody or something. I don't know why, but I just find it a bit boring as opposed to the other guitar-y songs on the album. Also.. the improper grammar in the song title just :facepalm: I want to correct it but that's the way it's done so I really should leave it alone. :rip: 

Leave Me 9/10

This takes the nice acoustic feeling of the last song and improves upon it with better lyrics and a more solid & consistent melody. Teen angst anthem tbh.  :bop:

I'll Teach You a Lesson 8/10

SIGH.... the opening of this song is so great, left me feeling like the entire song would be just as good but she forgets that cute shrieking noise thing after the first 20 seconds. It's definitely good afterwards but I feel like it could've had a chorus with bigger impact or something, or maybe an after-chorus with the shrieking noise included. I just love that sound so much. 

Machines 10/10

One of the best songs on the album really. I think the lyrics and overall concept of the song are more mature and sophisticated than the rest of the album. It's a bop too, which definitely helps. I love it. I also prefer this version to the 2010 one. 

Supermodels and Holiday Stunners 10/10

Another really great song. The middle of the album feels like the strongest part to me. I like the lyrics here a lot, more than almost every other song on here except maybe Watch the Rain or Live Life. The drums in combination with the piano make me just :flutter:

Watch the Rain 10/10

This is probably the best song on the album. It's one of my top 3, definitely. There's just something about the melody and composition and lyrics and just everything that are so good and emotional for me. This song makes me feel feelings. spb.gif

Live Life 10/10

For some reason, I couldn't stand this song the first time I listened to it. Now it's my favorite song on the album. :legend: This is the most Juno-Soundtrack-reminiscent to me and that's got to be one of the reasons I love it so much. The lyrics are kind of silly but at the same time very good and well done. I like how this song tells a story - seems like a diary entry to me or something. The melody is really cute and catchy too, it always makes me want to just sway with the song or something. To me, it's the most singalongable song out of the whole album! :cuteface:

Neon Fashion and Glowstix 7/10

This one never really stuck with me, but I do appreciate it more as a song in the context of this album. Like, after hearing Lucy and some others on here, this one makes more sense and became easier to appreciate for me. It's still kinda cringe-worthy and a bit tacky or something, though. 

Mauritius 9/10

I really like this song! :cuteface: It's really cute & stuff but I think it misses the mark for me somewhere?? I don't know, I just don't feel like it's a 10 for some reason. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it. 

Alcoholic 10/10

I REALLY love the piano in this song. This one has got to be another one of the best tracks on here. I don't really know what else to say about it, it's just really wonderful. It's kind of like a shorter and softer Watch the Rain for me, I guess, because it's super emotional. 

Yet Again 5/10

I'm glad this song is so short because I don't really like it. :^) 

14 6/10

I don't even know. Like, idk what kind of childhood she lived, but my 14 was definitely not about being free & I don't know many others whose were either. 14 was more about confusion and overexposure to the internet let's just not go there tbh. Kind of annoying song too if you ask me, but not as bad as Yet Again. What kind of poor album ending.  :noparty:

14417469274.gif

I don't understand the True Romance cover hate.... I guess other than the fact that its a totally white background with white text which makes it a bit boring... I love the picture of her on the cover though.

she looks like Miranda Cosgrove on it tbh

BzhmW.png

she looks like Miranda Cosgrove on it tbh

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  :(((( and tbh she doesn't look quite like herself and it's not the "prettiest" picture of her but I like her hair and what she's wearing and I think it's a good/interesting picture of her.

but speaking of looking like Miranda Cosgrove... In this picture I think Marina looks a bit like her.

tumblr_mkult2vCKe1qkuyc4o1_1280.jpg

I've almost grown to like the cover because I love the album so much! But seriously it's like the least flattering photo of her we have :eek: Like they probably could have picked ANY other photo from the shoot and I would have liked it better :awkney2:

tbh I think the photo in your avatar is one of the least flattering pictures we have of her.  :eek: I was going to draw it but then I realized up close it doesn't look very pretty and probably would look even worse if I tried to draw it.

Have we seen any other photos from the True Romance photo shoot yet though? I'm also curious as to what else they came up up.

tbh I think the photo in your avatar is one of the least flattering pictures we have of her.  :eek: I was going to draw it but then I realized up close it doesn't look very pretty and probably would look even worse if I tried to draw it.

Have we seen any other photos from the True Romance photo shoot yet though? I'm also curious as to what else they came up up.

I think we have like 1 other one

BzhmW.png