Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don't think so... I can't see them collaborating. Now that Charli is getting big, she's already being called "the American lorde" by morons, so associating herself further with Lorde is a bad idea... People think they sound and look the same.

That's annoying. They sound nothing alike. They have completely different voices, and their musical styles are different. They also don't look alike.

Rookie magazine interview highlight:

The record I’ve been working on is really influenced by French yé-yé pop, so I’ve been dabbling in that world. I’ve always been super fascinated by artists like Françoise Hardy and Sylvie Vartan and Jane Birkin. I went to Paris and met with one of the yé-yé pop experts there and went to some yé-yé record stores, and then my manager bought me this book by Jean-Emmanuel Deluxe. It talks about how the yé-yé girls were presented as women, and how men wrote a lot of their songs, which were highly sexualized but also really childlike. I think that tension is strange, but also interesting.

For those of you that wanted some more adjectives for the album that's replacing her punk one, here ya go.

14417469274.gif

Rookie magazine interview highlight:

For those of you that wanted some more adjectives for the album that's replacing her punk one, here ya go.

That's exactly what she said for the last one...

Which one?? I just remember her initially saying it was just pop-ish with a "live" sound.

The millions of albums she's written

What do you think?! The punk one! Pop-ish + live never came up until recently.

questions about the album:

when do you plan to drop your new album? <3

later on this year. PROMISE.

I've noticed you've wrote a song for Ryn Weaver + cashmere cat produced it. did you work with cashmere for your own record?

we’ve been in the studio together a few times… he’s super cute. there might be something we’ve done together appearing on my record……

pussy pop is still a thing for your new album?

yes. pussy is punk.

i hope there is peter the chair tribute on your album, better include him on the booklet

OMG. you remember peter the chair. that’s some history right there…

in which genre would you put your next record? or what genres inspired you?

it’s definitely a pop record, but the energy is PUNK.

Do you think if you would have stayed with with punk album, and not starting on another, it would have been taken seriously?

yes, 100%. and there are songs from the punk album that will remain on the new record….. and also…. i will DEFINITELY be releasing the punk album at some point… i promise ;)

other music related questions:

'Dance 4 You' is really about Justin Bieber? :(

giphy.gif

Have you recorded any songs with LIZ? I love both of you!! ♥♥♥

we worked in the studio together for her record, but it was just writing. but who knows… something may happen in the future…

What was the first and last song you wrote for True Romance & which song is your favorite? xx

The first song was Stay Away and the last was Cloud Aura featuring Brooke Candy.

what was working with iggy like?

it was great. she is such an incredible artist… talented, real and totally hilarious. i love her <3

questions about random ass shit:

what's your favorite snack? :) love you

giphy.gif

who is your best friend?

YUokpLs.png

what were you like at school?

giphy.gif

who's your FAV artist to listen to rn?

fave Disney princess?

giphy.gif

What food do you crave when you're high?

giphy.gif

fave spice girl?

posh-leopard-prints-350x483.jpg

What's your favorite TV show?

giphy.gif

What is your favorite song of all time

peace of me by britney spears

would you trash a hotel?

ummm duhh??!

FAVOURITE MOVIE??

giphy.gif

what's the best thing about your angels? xx

EVERYTHING. you guys are the best fans ever. i’m honored to be sharing my music with you. you’re all so creative and individual <3

Favorite animal to have as a pet?

pupppppieeeessss

questions from seth meyers:

"What can your fans expect from your performance of 'Boom Clap' tonight?"

KILL BILL REALNESS <3 <3 <3

"I hear you have a big announcement to make."

I WILL BE TOURING NORTH AMERICA FOR THE WHOLE OF OCTOBER!!! Dates coming tomorrow on www.charlixcxmusic.com <3

related tour question:

Will you ever come to Australia?

yes…. i reaaaally want to come back to australia!!!! <3

cute fucking photobooth .gif right here:

tumblr_n8dcggFOAA1r098q9o1_500.gif

Thanks for ur questions now….. speak to you soon, angels <3 charli xcx

lABVyGE.png

Okay I'd be hype for some Cashmere Cat on the album even though that's far from live...November release for the holiday season maybe? :sideeye:

It would be really unwise to tour the US again without it being in support of a new record so I'm gonna say the release is in Sept, they better get moving though

BzhmW.png

I *think* one or two of the dates have appeared on Ticketmaster and it looks like the openers are Elliphant and Femme (so it's gonna be awesome)

edit: There's quite a few dates, but no Atlanta or Portland...girl really?

BzhmW.png