Fluorine

Charli XCX

I should be happy right now because I wasn't excited for the punk direction, but I have a feeling the album isn't going to be the "good" pop like True Romance. If "Boom Clap" is an indicator of the album's sound I don't think I'll like it too much. I hope she proves me wrong though.

Right. Now we have no key adjectives to go off of. So it's pop, but not as electronic as True Romance...So basically just normal ass shit? Exciting.

Right. Now we have no key adjectives to go off of. So it's pop, but not as electronic as True Romance...So basically just normal ass shit? Exciting.

That's kind of how I feel... I wouldn't call Trye romance just pop... It was interesting and electronic and kind of experimental. The new album sounds like it'll just be vanilla pop with some guitars...

But you guys being pessimistic is making me more pessimistic. Let's not hate until we hear it... She's working with Rivers from Weezer and the guy from Vampire weekend, how totally generic could it be? Those are pretty respectable artists...

But stargate...

Also, I can't enjoy that fucking Ryn Weaver song at all because all I hear is Charli in the lyrics.  :facepalm:

Omg true. I like it though. I'll perch for her to become the next flop princess like Bonnie McKee or sth I guess.

That's kind of how I feel... I wouldn't call Trye romance just pop... It was interesting and electronic and kind of experimental. The new album sounds like it'll just be vanilla pop with some guitars...

But you guys being pessimistic is making me more pessimistic. Let's not hate until we hear it... She's working with Rivers from Weezer and the guy from Vampire weekend, how totally generic could it be? Those are pretty respectable artists...

But stargate...

Right. I think I'd only be mildly disappointed if she changed gears, like, organically. Like if she just wanted to make different music. But its worse because even from the interview, you can tell she did it because she now has the potential to blow up. She was over the industry--and then she started making money. Until she starts describing this album as thoroughly as she did the punk album and TR, I'm gonna assume we've got some guitary pop Katy Perry on our hands. But shouty like I Love It and Fancy because apparently that's her.

Well she's keeping the Weezer song so hopefully she keeps Breaking Up...think we can say bye to London Queen though. And Mess, too, ha innovative anthem :poordat:

Omg true. I like it though. I'll perch for her to become the next flop princess like Bonnie McKee or sth I guess.

Right. I think I'd only be mildly disappointed if she changed gears, like, organically. Like if she just wanted to make different music. But its worse because even from the interview, you can tell she did it because she now has the potential to blow up. She was over the industry--and then she started making money. Until she starts describing this album as thoroughly as she did the punk album and TR, I'm gonna assume we've got some guitary pop Katy Perry on our hands. But shouty like I Love It and Fancy because apparently that's her.

Well she's keeping the Weezer song so hopefully she keeps Breaking Up...think we can say bye to London Queen though. And Mess, too, ha innovative anthem :poordat:

I don't think we are saying goodbye to London Queen, it could be transformed into an electronic pop song.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

And can someone send me these songs please?

Another Romantic Situation (Daisy Geggus song featuring Charli XCX)

Atomic (Live)

B!TCH ZO SXC

Beach Hut In Hawaii

Black Roses (Live)

Chains

Cloud Aura (Live)

Cuts Like Diamonds

Dinosaur Sex!

Do It Well

End of the World (Alex Metric featuring Charli XCX)

Fāār-i-kāāl (Charli XCX vs TWIN iDoL Remix)

Fearless

Feel My Pain (Demo)

Grins (Live)

Grins (Live) (with Sky Ferreira

Heartbreak High

How Can I (Live) 

I Don’t Know Your Name

I Like You

I Love It (Icona Pop song featuring Charli XCX)

I Love It (Live)

I’ll Never Know

I’ll Never Know (Version 2) 

Illusions Of (J£ZUS MILLION song featuring Charli XCX) 

I Wanna Be Darth Vader

I Want It That Way (Cover)

I Want It That Way (Cover) (Live)

In the Dark/You’re the One (Demo)

Interior

Just Desserts (Demo)

Like a G6 (feat. Mercedes & MNEK) (Cover) 

Lock You Up (Live)

Lonely Jaguar (Snippet)

Lost In Space (Starkey song featuring Charli XCX) 

Machines (2010 Version)

Mess (Live)

Nuclear Seasons (Demo)

Nuclear Seasons (Live)

Photography

Princess Song

Set Me Free (Feel My Pain) (Live)

Smile (Benga song featuring Charli XCX)

Stay Away (Live)

SuperLove (Live)

Take My Hand (Live)

The Killing Moon (Cover) (Live)

Too Cool 

Train In Vain (Cover) 

Valentine

We Do This Everyday (Gods Paparazzi song featuring Charli XCX) 

What I Like (Live)

Your Eyes (Ocelot song featuring Charli XCX)

You (Demo)

You (Ha Ha Ha) (Live) 

You’re the One (Live)

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I don't think we are saying goodbye to London Queen, it could be transformed into an electronic pop song.

I don't even want to entertain that possibility.  :emma:

X----into me, into you----X

Every song is apparently a hit aaaaand it's "live" pop

London Queen is not really commercial so I doubt it

Her hook and bridge in Fancy are dope. I never bought I Love It, but I thought it was interesting when it came out. I could deal with shouty, but I'd prefer it to be over rhythmic music. Superlove and Boom Clap are a little too bubblegum for my taste. 

I don't know... she seems too genuine and opposed to selling out to really let it get the best of her. She definitely does realize she's making money now and that she has the potential to get bigger, but I'm sure her hits are still true to her & that she can become as successful as she wants without truly becoming just another average popstar. I'll remain hopeful. The fact that she does want to put out the punk album is a sign to me, anyway. Even if it's just low-key mixtape style. She wants us to hear that music, so that makes me feel like she still hasn't truly sold out in the grand scheme of things. 

14417469274.gif

I'm with @@SitarHero on my main cause of worry being her lack of detail. Before the albums had colors and she gave us very specific key words and imagery. True Romance was Purple and Spacey, scrapped punk album was red and passionate and feminist an sexy. All we know about the album now is it contains boom clap and will be "pop" but a "bit edgy"

Edit: regardless of the "sound" though, I can't imagine Charli selling out with her lyrics. I don't think this will be a party record. It will hopefully have her best lyrics... But I'm wondering what the songs will be about... I'm guessing they won't be as angry or punk anymore... And I wouldn't expect a bunch of love and heartbreak songs like true romance...