Fluorine

Charli XCX

Pop with live instruments and a punk edge is a better description than colors. I don't even know what purple and red are supposed to sound like. It's different for everyone. In one interview, she said that True Romance was gold and something else, so she can't even decide. 

Pop with live instruments and a punk edge is a better description than colors. I don't even know what purple and red are supposed to sound like. It's different for everyone. In one interview, she said that True Romance was gold and something else, so she can't even decide.

How much of a punk edge though? Boom Clap has absolutely ZERO punk edge. I know she said it's on the softer side, but if there are multiple songs with any semblance of punk edge, boom clap won't fit in...

And Boom Clap isn't particularly live sounding either. Neither is Superlove. What exactly does "Live instrumentation" mean?

Sure, Red and Purple don't give exact descriptions of what you will hear, but they give an idea of the direction she wants. They tell you that she is inspired and that she really has a vision and it makes me feel that vision. The new album just seems like "it's cool and I'm making pop that will sell"

It doesn't help that she claims that I Love it and Fancy are songs that are the most truly "her". How convenient that her most successful songs are the ones she now wants to say most represent the sound of her being true to her art...

How much of a punk edge though? Boom Clap has absolutely ZERO punk edge. I know she said it's on the softer side, but if there are multiple songs with any semblance of punk edge, boom clap won't fit in...

And Boom Clap isn't particularly live sounding either. Neither is Superlove. What exactly does "Live instrumentation" mean?

Sure, Red and Purple don't give exact descriptions of what you will hear, but they give an idea of the direction she wants. They tell you that she is inspired and that she really has a vision and it makes me feel that vision. The new album just seems like "it's cool and I'm making pop that will sell"

It doesn't help that she claims that I Love it and Fancy are songs that are the most truly "her". How convenient that her most successful songs are the ones she now wants to say most represent the sound of her being true to her art...

I'd rather have an album full of DJ Mustard ripoff beats than an album full of half-assed punk or Boom Claps, but I don't think that's direction Charli is going. It would be cool though. I like the juxtaposition of pop vocals over hard hitting hip hop or r&b beats, but even more people would accuse her of being a Gwen Stefani clone. I'll be honest and say that my favorite Charli tracks are the ones that are hip hop and r&b influenced. 

Oh, and she needs to make up her damn mind. Is the album she's releasing the pop one or the punk one? Saying that the punk album lives doesn't tell us if it's the next album that's going to be released. She's playing with my emotions. 

Charli is coming to Mexico! 
She'll play on a festival in my city: Monterrey.

Also Miley will bring the Bangerz Tour on September 16th, I wonder if Sky will come with her as well.

I'm so happy! I really hope I can met Charli and take a picture with her :)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

This is a bit of a mess. I guess we know now why she was so reluctant to give out album #2 info over the last few months. This was probably during that awkward transition of scrapping the punk and moving on. This is gonna push back the album date so far though. From March 2014 to like what??? maybe September 2014 is we're lucky. I wish she would have known Fancy was gonna get big. Then what she should have done was push SuperLove release back to this June, and actually give TR the promo it deserves. It never even got a year of promo in after it's release. Releasing SuperLove so long ago was just a poor decision I think...

2dt29zc.jpg

I'd rather have an album full of DJ Mustard ripoff beats than an album full of half-assed punk or Boom Claps, but I don't think that's direction Charli is going. It would be cool though. I like the juxtaposition of pop vocals over hard hitting hip hop or r&b beats, but even more people would accuse her of being a Gwen Stefani clone. I'll be honest and say that my favorite Charli tracks are the ones that are hip hop and r&b influenced. 

Oh, and she needs to make up her damn mind. Is the album she's releasing the pop one or the punk one? Saying that the punk album lives doesn't tell us if it's the next album that's going to be released. She's playing with my emotions. 

She is scrapping an official release of the punk album for the time being, which means it could get a mixtape release online, or maybe condense some of the tracks and make an EP later. The pop album is her current OFFICIAL direction based on her hit songs Fancy and I Love It. It's not like she can waste one of her only opportunities for massive worldwide success just to jump into a rock category. It's not like she is an established artist either, she is still building a brand and she needs to take that into consideration.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

She is scrapping an official release of the punk album for the time being, which means it could get a mixtape release online, or maybe condense some of the tracks and make an EP later. The pop album is her current OFFICIAL direction based on her hit songs Fancy and I Love It. It's not like she can waste one of her only opportunities for massive worldwide success just to jump into a rock category. It's not like she is an established artist either, she is still building a brand and she needs to take that into consideration.

Ugh I don't want to think about her "making a brand" though... Like I get it's a profession but art and music are different than finance. There's an art to it. You can do it for profit but it's still something personal that I prefer to be treated as such rather than as a business...

Just because she will make more money and success by making that music and branding herself that way doesn't mean she has to... In the musical world, I think you can get a lot of respect as an artist for making decisions that would be stupid/career suicide in other fields. And I was hoping Charli would be the kind of artist who would stay true to the music she wants to make rather than worry about branding and success.

Ugh I don't want to think about her "making a brand" though... Like I get it's a profession but art and music are different than finance. There's an art to it. You can do it for profit but it's still something personal that I prefer to be treated as such rather than as a business...

Just because she will make more money and success by making that music and branding herself that way doesn't mean she has to... In the musical world, I think you can get a lot of respect as an artist for making decisions that would be stupid/career suicide in other fields. And I was hoping Charli would be the kind of artist who would stay true to the music she wants to make rather than worry about branding and success.

Any artist who says they're in it solely for the music and not the success is lying.

Every singer's dream is to get signed and get their material to the masses, get hits, etc. Don't believe it for a second

BzhmW.png

But y'all know the word of an artist is nothing to go by as far as releasing shit. She'll have a wonderfully successful era and all promises will b forgotten as she goes for her "make-or-break" third album that everyone seems plagued with tbh

do we still not have anymore instrumentals besides:

Black Roses

How Can I?

Lock You Up

Stay Away

Take My Hand

You (Ha Ha Ha)

We have Grins, Superlove and So Far Away too...

Nuclear Seasons as well

Can you maybe send me Grins, Nuclear Seasons and So Far Away  :cuteface:

i haven't downloaded it but here it is on sound cloud

https://soundcloud.com/triangletrades/charli-xcx-nuclear-seasons-official-instrumental

also here are all the other that have leaked

http://xcx-army.tumblr.com/post/88225001627/do-you-have-a-download-link-for-all-the-instrumentals

Anyone else think "weird dreams" is Charli's way of saying "collaborations"?

I don't think so... I can't see them collaborating. Now that Charli is getting big, she's already being called "the American lorde" by morons, so associating herself further with Lorde is a bad idea... People think they sound and look the same.