Fluorine

Charli XCX

Just now, CyberKid said:

OKAY, she said that she’s performing two new songs on SNL and that one of them being a track that she’s never performed live before. Probably Baby, but which is the other track??? Twice?

beg for you is still the promoted single by the label 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

11 hours ago, slasherflicks said:

Okay but hear me out b/c I've been thinking about this for a while

Ever since post-Sucker Charli has been goddamn GRINDING out a space for herself in the pop sphere, she's written bops for artists like Selena & Ryn Weaver, she's made album after mixtape after album after EP of QUALITY material, she made hyperpop a thing by hopping up with PC music, she's made an entire fucking album with fan input during quarantine when most artists were just twiddling their thumbs or partying (dua lipa looking at you). And for whatever reason her """"fans"""" and """"stans"""" are so hyper-critical of her work, like even some of you on here can admit that, remember the controversy of the 5itm remixes? Bugging her so much about Taxi it became a meme? Leaking a whole album & bugging her about it? ALL OF THIS while not even being a "commercially successful" artists like some of her popstar-sphere peers?

Why can't she pop off every now and again against the disrespect she's been facing for ages after feeding us genuinely good & interesting music for literal years?

lol, because they're bunch of assholes thinking that the only thing matter is how many Pitchfork will score her projects not her artistry.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

people need to understand they don't own charli, or anyone, for that matter. really annoying behavior, it used to be funny in, like, 2016, but now it's just boring 

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

lol, because they're bunch of twinks thinking that the only thing matter is how many Pitchfork will score her projects not her artistry.

I don't even think it's that, tbh I think she just has so much fan engagement through her work that fans think they're....entitled, in some sense, to her work? If that makes sense at all? But at the end of the day it's her vision, I think Good Ones is one of the worst songs she's put out in a while but I'm not going to literally go in her @handle and say that to her. Y'know?

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

She shouldn’t have addressed all the things people said in the mentions on the original thread, now the angels are coming for the OP who had a harmless and respectful opinion. I think both are in the right as there’s a very fine line, but this was not the way to do it. If you stan an artist you’re not obligated to love everything they do, but you also have to be respectful and I notice that a lot of the stans on Twitter talk to her like she’s a commodity. Let PR run your social media for the remainder of the era Charlene!

8 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

lord fine you guys got me :azealia:

now that I read from your guys’ povs, I get where you’re all coming from. I didn’t know Charli was getting backlash, and yes, the person did respond immaturely. I’m sorry fellow angels no hard feelings :kiss2:

it's understandable that u have that perspective, and u right, to behonest, that was rude & as a person with privileged position like Charli herself, it leaves a bad taste in anyone's mouth that she straight up calls someone a "cunt" i still dont condone it.

but it's satisfying to watch these online trollers getting them ass fucked & i hope these stans learn by heart that dont mess with anyone online just because it's online and you get no concequence.

If i was Charli herself, i dont think i cant take a high road at this point, i will hire someone to look for their IP address, come and fight them physically.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, slasherflicks said:

I don't even think it's that, tbh I think she just has so much fan engagement through her work that fans think they're....entitled, in some sense, to her work? If that makes sense at all? But at the end of the day it's her vision, I think Good Ones is one of the worst songs she's put out in a while but I'm not going to literally go in her @handle and say that to her. Y'know?

same here. You dont have to like everysingle thing she does for fuck sake

i dont like good ones either, but at the same time, i respect her visionary. It's her art not ours, you can support it or just unsubscribe, dont pay for it. Or just simply being critical but respectful.

I mean I’d definitely like her to incorporate her accent more in her songs like prior and work on her vocals as she really can have a distinct tone which creates a massive chorus affect but otherwise baby is well produced and interesting.

12 minutes ago, slasherflicks said:

Okay but hear me out b/c I've been thinking about this for a while

Ever since post-Sucker Charli has been goddamn GRINDING out a space for herself in the pop sphere, she's written bops for artists like Selena & Ryn Weaver, she's made album after mixtape after album after EP of QUALITY material, she made hyperpop a thing by hopping up with PC music, she's made an entire fucking album with fan input during quarantine when most artists were just twiddling their thumbs or partying (dua lipa looking at you). And for whatever reason her """"fans"""" and """"stans"""" are so hyper-critical of her work, like even some of you on here can admit that, remember the controversy of the 5itm remixes? Bugging her so much about Taxi it became a meme? Leaking a whole album & bugging her about it? ALL OF THIS while not even being a "commercially successful" artists like some of her popstar-sphere peers?

Why can't she pop off every now and again against the disrespect she's been facing for ages after feeding us genuinely good & interesting music for literal years?

i'm surprised that Charli still hasnt evolved into Azealia Banks herself after going thru all this

Ooh I’m actually seeing a lot of comments about the chorus actually, it’s interesting I think it would make a difference with more harmonies-she stopped doing this during auto tune eras and I guess it’s noticeable now because it’s less auto tune?