Sitar

Lana Performs Unreleased Songs at the Endless Summer Tour

I wonder if she had to register it specifically for the tour since those other unreleased songs were registered too.

Serial Killer was registered a couple days ago when I looked but I didn't think it was anything new, didn't even check the producer.

Otherwise why would Lana perform it on the stage? For the sake of fan and embracing unreleased tracks? 1 song like Chelsea Hotel is enough and understandable but 3 songs this time?

I'm not saying that she can't put unreleased (leaked) tracks on HM, and I would support her if she did, even if they weren't bonus tracks. However, it's not the only option.  What about the Röyksopp gambit of releasing singletons w/o an album? If anybody could pull that off it would be her (and maybe she's tired of not getting any money for unreleased streams).

The other thing is why these particular songs? The question is only interesting if she stops her unreleased attention here with just these songs, which would possibly give SK, YCBTB, UATW some kind of personal meaning. It's a less interesting a question if she has many more leaked songs she plans to present, either on tour or commercially somehow. Still waiting to see how that will play out.

I think she registered because she's performing it. Nothing else. The producer is obviously not a big name so he's excited about his song finally getting recognition but I'm pretty sure she contacted him to get the studio files and stems and that's it ~ not to rework it or anything. Both UATW and YCBTB were already registered. If she puts these songs on the record it'd be amazing though, it's always nice to see her embrace old material when we all know how she felt about it.

I want to know why she's singing THESE songs too!!! I mean I kinda understand why she's singing YCBTB, but what about Serial Killer and Us Against the World. The last one was on her Soundcloud back in 2010 so but Serial Killer was so random lol.

I have so many questions about this because I never expected this from her. She knew the lyrics for all 3 of them while we were here thinking she forgot about them :oprah: Did she have the lyrics saved in her cracked old-ass MacBook? :oprah:

Also would it be a long shot to say the versions we have are the only ones she recorded? If she ever performs songs with V2s like Live or Die which version would she perform? :oprah:

What if she ever performs unleaked songs like Roses or Gorl That Got Away? :oprah:

I think she registered because she's performing it. Nothing else. The producer is obviously not a big name so he's excited about his song finally getting recognition but I'm pretty sure she contacted him to get the studio files and stems and that's it ~ not to rework it or anything. Both UATW and YCBTB were already registered. If she puts these songs on the record it'd be amazing though, it's always nice to see her embrace old material when we all know how she felt about it.

I want to know why she's singing THESE songs too!!! I mean I kinda understand why she's singing YCBTB, but what about Serial Killer and Us Against the World. The last one was on her Soundcloud back in 2010 so but Serial Killer was so random lol.

I have so many questions about this because I never expected this from her. She knew the lyrics for all 3 of them while we were here thinking she forgot about them :oprah: Did she have the lyrics saved in her cracked old-ass MacBook? :oprah:

Also would it be a long shot to say the versions we have are the only ones she recorded? If she ever performs songs with V2s like Live or Die which version would she perform? :oprah:

What if she ever performs unleaked songs like Roses or Gorl That Got Away? :oprah:

Why can't I like posts multiple times? :oprah: 

image.png

XBIMSKE.gif

@@SitarHero @@NEAL @HundredDollarBill @@Yourgirllana @@Monicker wherever you guys are...

What is that at the 1:00 mark? Why, I do believe it's Lana singing "It's a real killer" :fact:

I think. :tsk:

First of all, let me acknowledge and be grateful that this performance is not another Poolside-gate. Fair enough that it's a show, of a tour, so expectedly people will record, but still... was trying not to hype myself too much when people posted the rehearsal snippets.

But it's here, and thank you again, for everyone that record and uploaded the performance, esp. Serial Killer.

Somehow listening to it give me this nice, eerie, nostalgic atmosphere of that time when we all first get to know each other and was geekily super excited over anything and everything Lana #mustbethestrings

Those times when we have simple arguments over misheard lyrics like this. And to answer your question @@PrettyBaby, I always think it's...

tumblr_m8uozqfXrt1qacaseo1_r1_1280.jpg

:creep: :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I dont fucks with the peggy lee cover.... That was maad boring. But everything else was perfection! I wouldnt mind Honeymoon moving back in this BTD direction cuz I loved BTD the most. But with her switchin it up who knows! She might give us folk music. lol But no on a serious note, this gets me excited.

I dont fucks with the peggy lee cover.... That was maad boring. But everything else was perfection! I wouldnt mind Honeymoon moving back in this BTD direction cuz I loved BTD the most. But with her switchin it up who knows! She might give us folk music. lol But no on a serious note, this gets me excited.

:bye3:

I'm kind of angry at this setlist tbh she sings COVERS and random unreleased instead of Black Beauty, Florida Kilos and Ultraviolence songs like MPG and FMWTTT? Can you believe if she sang OLD MONEY instead of Chelsea Hotel? People wouldn't sit down and almost fall asleep. They would bow down and cry and it would be all over the news. :defeated: She did one verse acapella last year and that's it.  :deadbanana: 

Y'all excited for Serial Killer but is it because you didn't hear I don't wanna go (tonight) (such a powerful song that made me freaking cry!)? Velvet Crowbar? Hollywood's dead? Driving in cars with boys (not the minnie mouse version...the one with her real vocals)? All these songs are singles-worthy. Even DUM DUM (amazing)!   

Imagine if her last song was FLORIDA KILOS LIVE! People would lose their mind and I'm sure she would have so much fun singing that but she's not into that  :toofunny: She just leaves the stage without looking back  :crossed: She needs to read this or hire me ASAP! 

i can't believe ppl are complaining about the setlist. we could have gotten the old standards but lana actually opted to do something brand new. this is a good sign, i think, of things to come.

florida kilos would have been amazing, though.

let me be who i'm meant to be

I'm kind of angry at this setlist tbh she sings COVERS and random unreleased instead of Black Beauty, Florida Kilos and Ultraviolence songs like MPG and FMWTTT? Can you believe if she sang OLD MONEY instead of Chelsea Hotel? People wouldn't sit down and almost fall asleep. They would bow down and cry and it would be all over the news. :defeated: She did one verse acapella last year and that's it.  :deadbanana:

Y'all excited for Serial Killer but is it because you didn't hear I don't wanna go (tonight) (such a powerful song that made me freaking cry!)? Velvet Crowbar? Hollywood's dead? Driving in cars with boys (not the minnie mouse version...the one with her real vocals)? All these songs are singles-worthy. Even DUM DUM (amazing)!   

Imagine if her last song was FLORIDA KILOS LIVE! People would lose their mind and I'm sure she would have so much fun singing that but she's not into that  :toofunny: She just leaves the stage without looking back  :crossed: She needs to read this or hire me ASAP! 

how dare you come into this thread out of nowhere and disrespect serial killer like this  :scream:

RVhKIwP.gif

I'm kind of angry at this setlist tbh she sings COVERS and random unreleased instead of Black Beauty, Florida Kilos and Ultraviolence songs like MPG and FMWTTT? Can you believe if she sang OLD MONEY instead of Chelsea Hotel? People wouldn't sit down and almost fall asleep. They would bow down and cry and it would be all over the news. :defeated: She did one verse acapella last year and that's it:deadbanana:

how dare you come into this thread out of nowhere and disrespect serial killer like this  :scream:

lol? Don't let me be misunderstood :P  I love Serial Killer but compared to the songs above...it's so random imo but the performance was great. I loved it and I'm glad we have a live version! Hollywood's Dead and Velvet Crowbar are in my top 10 most listened lana songs. They have that unique "Lana sound" like her famous singles.

OMG I feel like trash, I totally missed that. I'm gonna get my box of kleenex and watch it right now  :flutter:

She said in an interview not too long ago that right now she was worried the album "Ultraviolence" would be forgotten. Well honey...it will be if you just drop it with no promo, singles or videos and THEN you barely perform any song from it on your tour  :facepalm:  Whatever happened to that big video she filmed back in June last year? Even that twitter guy was saying it was a "big project" we never saw any of it  :(

I know I'm repeating myself but I can't help to emphasize how I feel like this was a definite turning point in perhaps her career, it was lightyears away from what we could have expected and I feel like this is completely game changing. I have no idea how the industry or the record houses work so I don't know the implications but I have so many questions too. She could change anything in seconds by deciding either to never play these songs again (but hearing her speech I don't think it'll be the case) or by playing them more and more or what do I know else.

Also I don't know if these Neon Dreams rumours are true, but that would be the icing on the cake, I have a gut feeling that she's determined to reclaim her fame, for x reasons, to forget Ultraviolence (I would be sad if it was this though) or something, but in her reactions to the critics in the article cited above or the fact that she sang the song because she WANTED to, she seemed to have a bit of a renewed fuck you attitude and I'm so here for this.

Serial Killer though. I'm still not over it. This song is my life. Her pleasure seemed palpable. And she looked so hoooot. I'd give my right kidney to watch it live

ZKcaooE.png