annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I am feeling it and I ain't gonna stop feeling Honeymoon.

did anyone but me think that perhaps Ryan Murphy beg borrowed or stole Honeymoon and made it into Hotel?

not to mention Freak and Art Deco (and I have thought from the start Art Deco was about Stefani anyhow).

as the saying goes Lana please-, "Illegitmi Non carborundum".

and I just got back from my workout, where I swam to Freak and Deco in perfect timing. That is now 5 of the Honeymoon songs that (without a waterproof player) I perfectly have in my head and in perfect

time can swim along to.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

‚Honeymoon‘ doesn’t remind me of anything but Lana. Don’t waste my time with comparing it to other artist’s songs or even to Lana’s former stuff. ‘Honeymoon’ is fantastic and unique.

Honeymoon isn't as bad of an album as some of you imply. Yes, it could have been better indeed, but you've got The Blackest Day, which I consider to be the magnum opus of her career, you've got the delicate etheric vocals in Swan Song, you've got the melancholic and dreary bridge of Terrence Loves You, and let's not forget about that radiant and rather satisfying feeling when you finish listening to Art Deco and Freak. It's a good album, not better than Ultraviolence, but not that far off either, and certainly won't be an ephemeral piece of her work like Paradise. 

obUZKpb.gif

:horror: WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THERE FUCKING LOW QUALITY SHITTY BORN TO DIE INTERVIEWS ON HER SPOTIFY PROFILE AS HER "LATEST RELEASE" :brows3:

WHAT THE FUCK? DID HER LABEL DO THIS

AND THE COVER ART FOR THE "Profile" USES THE WRONG FONT  :lanasrs: AND REFERS TO HER AS

:rip: LANA DEL RAY  :rip: 

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

what is for you guys a true piece of writing? and I'm serious here. I've been for so long thrilled, here and in real life, for the reasons people have to say Lana's lyrics are trashy. I have never noticed any of them being cringe worthy. What would you guys suggest for her to write instead of the trigonometry line or Imma dragon u r a whore line? huh? I think you guys are just feeding eachother sappiness

I literally thought Honeymoon was a masterpiece but everytime I come here all I see is y'all being so pressed about sales and performances, that you guys might as well pass as l*ttle monst*rs (and don't come any of you saying "if you don't like something just ignore it" because bitch that's exactly what I'm doing!!), I kinda start thinking shitty stuff like Lana doesn't care anymore or she's just putting "low quality music" because yasss.

Bruh to bruh moment here: Don't you all think that if we didn't pay attention to performances or charts we would all be popping to Huntymoon? Because I think we would y'all.  You guys want something you can't have and wont ever have.

Anyways Huntymoon is this era's miracle, we won't have the level of promotion we had on 2012 again (probably not this time). We as fans need to reconigze Lana's just making the songs for herself, she doesn't care about anyone's opinion anymore. and WE ARE ALL GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL. it's all about the music y'know? if you guys want some true performer go to Bey, Nicki, FKA, Miley or any low key artist that's coming around because let me tell you guys one thing, Lana is not the only one, not anymore  :ohno:  :hooker:  :flutter:  :(  :lmao:  :legend:  :oic2:  :noparty:  :bop:  :smirk:  :biblio:  :smh:  :diva:  :worship:

yet, “Just write around me, it’s better if it’s not my own words. It’s almost better if you don’t get me exactly, but try.”

and god knows we try

:smile2:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Finally a reviewer that GETS IT!

http://www.hitthefloor.com/reviews/lana-del-rey-honeymoon-album-review/

There’s a reason why Lana Del Rey swims in her own lane. It’s because she does it so well that no one is able to pluck up the courage and compete.

I like that. She "swims in her own lane". Just like Kate Bush did.

Swan Song is the worst song on the album I don't understand the love for it.

The chorus does that whole "repeat the title of the song + one or two words" thing that you guys all seem to hate lol.

Best Song- The Blackest Day

Worst Song- Swan Song

Overrated- Music to Watch Boys to

Underrated- Religion

When I first heard Swan Song I thought it was ok but the last part "put your white tennis shoes on and follow me" got stuck in my head for days and the more I listened more I love it. Now it's on my top 5 HM along with TBD, Salvatore, Religion and MTBT