annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

While I've always really liked Honeymoon, I'm starting to really appreciate its brilliance now. While it might not be my favorite album of her's, it's definitely her best work she's produced. It's really cool to see how much she's progressed from May Jailer to AKA to BTD to UV and to HM. She's always been talented, but she's really honed her skills and continued to get better and better.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

While I've always really liked Honeymoon, I'm starting to really appreciate its brilliance now. While it might not be my favorite album of her's, it's definitely her best work she's produced. It's really cool to see how much she's progressed from May Jailer to AKA to BTD to UV and to HM. She's always been talented, but she's really honed her skills and continued to get better and better.

Sonically, it's beautiful. Lyrically, she could have been more poetic

I may be reaching but I really think Lana will debut something at Ohana - it's an intimateish venue on the fucking beach in California during the summer... It's a perfect setting for her

I mean, she even said on her insta caption that Ohana is "gonna be a good one" :hooker: pls come thru

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I wonder what the record label must have thought when they first heard Honeymoon. I mean if they were fighting UV and weren't thrilled about the sound of that album, I can't imagine them being happy about Honeymoon. That album and the artwork is so dreary and badly done ( the cover artwork and letter font! lawd!) I can't really blame the label for not wanting to pay for the music videos. Maybe they'll put their foot down this time and demand that she do some music similar to BTD. If this new album does poorly like Honeymoon I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped her. Lana would have to find another label willing to release the music she wants to make or she would have to do crowd funding like Pledge Music which I can't picture her doing for some reason.

After I've listend to this album today I found out that I love 10 out of these 14 songs.

That means it's my second fave album.

Which ones don't you love? 

If this new album does poorly like Honeymoon I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped her.

Oh come on this won't happen lol. Gwen Stefani's new album barely sold 300k and she's struggling to sell tickets. They also have lots of unknown artists and they keep releasing music constantly.

Oh come on this won't happen lol. Gwen Stefani's new album barely sold 300k and she's struggling to sell tickets. They also have lots of unknown artists and they keep releasing music constantly.

Wait, did the record really sell that bad and still manage to debut at number one? I mean, that would actually be kinda impressive LOL.

Anyway, I think the problem with that tour is that a) they booked venues that are way too big and b) there were/are tours by much more successful artists like Beyoncé or Rihanna at the same time; it's not 2004 - 2007 anymore. 

Still, TIWTTFL is the best album of 2016. 

tumblr_ncom791h6h1r5lqijo1_1280.gif

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif