ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

There's nothing else to talk about, so what should Lana do next?

And y'all will give me shit for loving to categorize her albums, but I'm doing it anyway: 

Lana Del Ray: Indie pop and indie rock record produced by David Kahne (Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Regina Spektor, The Strokes). 

Born to Die: A Emile Haynie-driven, alternative pop affair that combines trip hop beats with baroque strings. 

Ultraviolence: Dan Auerbach production and wailing desert rock guitars gives this a distinct 70s psychedelic rock feel.

Honeymoon: Lana takes the reins with Rick and Kieron and mixes jazzy baroque pop and trap-influenced trip hop tracks. A couple of tracks even verge on alternative r&b. 

---

So, what would you like for the next LP? I want to see her dive fully into that PBR&B sound that she has touched on every now and then. I love her slower records, but she really needs to bring some fire back to her sound, and I could see her making a fantastic record with Dev Hynes, Noah Shebib, Boots, maybe even a couple of Mike Will Made It tracks.

get her outta pop. i want spooky orchestral grunge with trip hop beats and complex lyrics about how surreal life is

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

[...]

Tinashe - Bet Yes

Solange Knowles - Lovers in the Parking Lot Yes

Beyoncé - No Angels Kinda, I don't think she could do something like this (I do love the song though)

Miley Cyrus - Fweaky Yes

FKA twigs - M3LL155X Not at all :biblio:

Noah Shebib and Boi-1da's work with Drake Yes

100% self produced, with just a little side help. More orchestrations. As much Once Upon a Dream like as possible.

Keep on keeping on with the same sound.

And keeping sure to make the entire album another concept album like Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are.

where one needs to listen in the precise order, then listen again.

A separate box set on older and live stuff would be great, and some more one off duets that are not on the proper album, and soundtrack stuff.

all those examples people are giving above are other artists (to me meh) stuff. Why would anyone want her to copy (meh stuff) from other artists that already has been done. Lana's stuff should be the stuff other (meh) artists copy down the road when their handlers tell them they want something like Trailblazer Lana does, and not their normal (meh) stuff.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i'd love to see her do something more sexual and intimate, with minimalistic put progressive beats, something like bjork's vespertine

or something heavy, extreme and angry. i want noir(song) like lyrics and angry singing yass

Wy8jf2U.jpg

100% self produced, with just a little side help. More orchestrations. As much Once Upon a Dream like as possible.

Keep on keeping on with the same sound.

And keeping sure to make the entire album another concept album like Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are.

where one needs to listen in the precise order, then listen again.

A separate box set on older and live stuff would be great, and some more one off duets that are not on the proper album, and soundtrack stuff.

all those examples people are giving above are other artists (to me meh) stuff. Why would anyone want her to copy (meh stuff) from other artists that already has been done. Lana's stuff should be the stuff other (meh) artists copy down the road when their handlers tell them they want something like Trailblazer Lana does, and not their normal (meh) stuff.

tumblr_mk334keAnt1rrzc2po1_r1_400.gif

i want a surprise-me album..but it would be great to have a EP consisting of FULL HARD ON TRAP BEATS 

I support Lana doing something like FKA twigs going into trappier music w/ demonic wailing.

that equals end of a career justin-timerlake.jpg

Off To The Races 2.0 not production wise but i want some songs with a similar vibe to it (and good lyrics).

I'd also like something similar to Solange's True EP.

don't kill me ( :deadbanana:)  but some songs with similar vibes to the rick nowels leak before ultraviolence (affa, hollywood, bb (demo), i don't wanna go) suit her well.

please no M3LL155X. her best songs are two weeks, ache and hide, the rest isn't for me.

i76mrxw.png