Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

dua doing a private performance for mcdonald’s, a company that has supported israel, but scrapping the original TS video to be sensitive of the situation? 

jesus christ this girl will do anything for a check 🫥🫥

On 4/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, TRENCH said:

Why is this era flopping 

Because the music is still FN p2 and the world has moved on from disco and 90s house inflected dance pop unless you’re Ariana grande- she’s added some bass guitar from tame impala songs and called it a day to classify as “psychedelic” when it’s nothing of the sort.

her image is also very safe and boring- none of the era links together thematically or sonically and she or management have no idea what they want from her as a popstar so I’ll be surprised if she’s a major popstar in 2 years.

Add to that- mutiple film gigs being booked which seem to try to gauge her as a celebrity name but it’s not working and it’s clearly her trying to pivot for other options in case the one career doesn’t work out

don’t love illusion… its kinda meh? houdini is still my favorite by farrrr 

i hate to say it but since i discovered her via hotter than hell… this is the most boring she’s ever been in my eyes :rollin:

i know it’s early on and i tbh hate to be so negative but this album just feels like there isn’t anything special about it, and the past two songs just feel the same, i feel like any pop girl could put them out

also i saw someone say this album just feels like a combination of excuses so that she can tax-write-off her vacations as work-trips and i can’t stop thinking about it 😭😭😭

this is my fave single so far I think! the chorus is so catchy, the club renaissance is really back huh — feels like it would fit nicely on a playlist next to madison beer’s “make you mine” 

Her career being in absolute TATTERS after being so greedy to decide to disrespectfully sever her ties from Ben Mawson who built her up... I have to laugh. Goodbye fad! FLOP

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

In this Life you are either born with a harmless, supportive, pure-of-spirit father like Rob Grant or a wannabe mafioso loser pig like Dukagjin Lipa... Choose your fighter

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i love it. i think it's a refreshing era for dua. don't think the music is as pop heavy as her previous work. it's just catchy and all v radio friendly. 

so many water references this spring w/ billie and dua.

pass me my vape.