LDRO

Instagram Updates

I found an article from 2008 talking about rob’s business ventures

https://ibb.co/gRJbx4V

it sounds more like he didn’t actually see all that money and a lot of the money he did make was put into other businesses.

However Grant found there was also a downside to his occupation. Advertisers doled out multi-million dollar accounts”

After six years in a very high pressure job burn out started to set in just as Rob and Pat had their first child, Elizabeth (Caroline and Charlie followed over the next few years to round out the family). With a family to think about now, they decided to pull up stakes and make a radical change in their lifestyle by moving upstate to the mountains. All of their friends thought they were crazy and warned them that if they walked away from their jobs they would never be able to come back. Grant said, “even so I looked at my life and thought if I stayed in Manhattan and raised a family it would be enormously expensive and we would have to live in an apartment out in the suburbs. It just turned my stomach to think that I could spend the rest of my life going back and forth to the city on a commuter train.” 

-page 2-

On the downside, the more domains Grant piled up the scarier it got because of the extremely high annual registration and renewal fees at that time. “It was brutal,” Grant said, “because you had these high carrying costs but absolutely no revenue. You really had to believe. I feel it was the true test of whether or not someone has vision. I sat for years paying these registration fees and not earning a nickel and wondering if I was out of my mind.” 

Edited by shadesofblue
forgot to add the link oops

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 minute ago, Thunder Revenant said:

That is the same women who insisted she never had plastic surgery while looking like twenty bees stung her lip. Truth is probably somewhere in between - but does it matter anyway?

I love the mystery surrounding her and lien you said, it’s never black and white with anything she says. That’s why I’m not sure I want a memoir from her. Her albums are her story and it’s enough at the moment. Of course, that being said, i’d surely read it! 

I’ve always known Lana wasn’t lying about not coming from money because she’s so honest about things that a lot of people would be ashamed to admit. It’s not like she just popped on the scene out of the blue like an industry plant or a Billie Eilish type character. She was always there, and she met the right people. People just didn’t understand how this beautiful vintage starlet singer could come out of the blue with what seemed like instant success. And now that we have a whole new flood of internet raised children becoming fans it’s like 2012 all over again. At least she’s found her voice now to defend herself 

5 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

That is the same women who insisted she never had plastic surgery while looking like twenty bees stung her lip. Truth is probably somewhere in between - but does it matter anyway?

Most people don't consider injections/fillers to be plastic surgery - it's not surgical after all

23 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Oh thx

I don't think she grasps that what she's describing is still middle class - a woodworker and a teacher is a double income household, at least (which I think was not as common in the 90s). 

I'm not saying she was rich but she wasn't poor, either. Most families probably would need financial aid to put one of their 3 kids in a private boarding school. 

Let it go, sis

ETA ultimately idgaf what her financial situation was but I do think there's a clash of perspectives

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

after what she said in the video her tour stop in WV makes a lot more sense.. it’s a whole state of rural, working class mountain towns which likely reminded her of home. glad she’s speaking ab it tho I wish she didn’t have to 

40 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Like I’m in South America- let’s use the Latina voice.

Im in London- let me play up the breathy songstress 

All the more reason for her to tour Australia :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Oh thx

I don't think she grasps that what she's describing is still middle class - a woodworker and a teacher is a double income household, at least (which I think was not as common in the 90s). 

I'm not saying she was rich but she wasn't poor, either. Most families probably would need financial aid to put one of their 3 kids in a private boarding school. 

Let it go, sis

ETA ultimately idgaf what her financial situation was but I do think there's a clash of perspectives

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that she doesn't come from a privileged, wealthy background. But it seems to me like she had a seemingly comfortable, middle class upbringing. That doesn't mean there couldn't have been issues with/fights over money between her parents. Lots of people have decent, stable jobs but are poor at managing their money, overspend, don't save, etc. But it's not like she grew up with one parent who was a grocery store cashier and one a cook at McDonald's. And Lake Placid isn't a really poor town, it has tons of money from wealthy New Yorkers who buy houses there because it's a tourist town/ski resort. The Olympics were even held there. And even if the locals aren't wealthy like people who buy second homes there/move there with money, it's not like that doesn't affect the cost of living for everyone. Her childhood home is valued at $1.2M on Zillow right now and is only one block from the lake. Maybe her parents were house poor and bought too much house though

The per capita income in Lake Placid in 2018 was $34,972.🗽

The median income for a household in lake placid in 2000 was $28,239. 🤠

For comparison, Eminem, on eight mile in rundown Detroit in 2000, had a median income of 40,100. 🏭

I think she is telling the truth about not having a lot of money when she was growing up, BUT her dad has connections and i think came into a lot of money perhaps when she was in her early 20s maybe? I just remember reading somewhere that by the time she was living in a trailer park, she didn't actually need to be there because she was poor, she just chose to live like that

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think she is telling the truth about not having a lot of money when she was growing up, BUT her dad has connections and i think came into a lot of money perhaps when she was in her early 20s maybe? I just remember reading somewhere that by the time she was living in a trailer park, she didn't actually need to be there because she was poor, she just chose to live like that

she was estranged from her parents, it wasn't a choice