LDRO

Instagram Updates

I literally said myself Lana will never have to endure struggles about race. I also said that was a huge privilege. But to say that Beyonce— the music critics' darling of the 2010s— faces as much criticism rooted in misogyny is simply untrue. Lana sang about her real life experiences with domestic abuse and was basically told she was setting the feminist movement back to the 60s. That being said, Beyonce experiences other biased criticism, and vicious racism that Lana has never and will never have to deal with.

Also as far as the twerking thing— of course that's rooted in misogyny. But twerking is literally celebrated nowadays; Beyonce and Megan are about to go #1 for a song chock full of sexual innuendo and empowerment, and multiple lines about twerking

lol did you read anything i said? i’m talking about misogynoir and not separating racist attacks from misogyny because they’re two issues that intertwine with each other. it’s a delusion to think you can separate the two issues when talking about black women because they constantly overlap, but it’s even more of a delusion to think that lana faces more misogyny than any black woman ever.

just because someone’s sitting at the top of the charts it doesn’t make then exempt from criticism lmao. charts positions are down to the younger generation that streams them, not the hags who criticise the music.

lol did you read anything i said? i’m talking about misogynoir and not separating racist attacks from misogyny because they’re two issues that intertwine with each other. it’s a delusion to think you can separate the two issues when talking about black women because they constantly overlap, but it’s even more of a delusion to think that lana faces more misogyny than any black woman ever.

just because someone’s sitting at the top of the charts it doesn’t make then exempt from criticism lmao. charts positions are down to the younger generation that streams them, not the hags who criticise the music.

I've yet to see any music criticism directed at Beyonce that matches the level of misogyny present in articles about Lana (especially from 2012-2015). I'm not trying to discredit the shit she's taken because of race. I'm well aware the issues are intersectional. You posted a few articles, and... I've still yet to see any music criticism directed at Beyonce that matches the level of misogyny present in articles about Lana. 

The Nicki Minaj thing I quoted alone is worse than anything I've seen directed at Beyonce for her gender. Come with better receipts girl.

I've yet to see any music criticism directed at Beyonce that matches the level of misogyny present in articles about Lana (especially from 2012-2015). I'm not trying to discredit the shit she's taken because of race. I'm well aware the issues are intersectional. You posted a few articles, and... I've still yet to see any music criticism directed at Beyonce that matches the level of misogyny present in articles about Lana. 

The Nicki Minaj thing I quoted alone is worse than anything I've seen directed at Beyonce for her gender. Come with better receipts girl.

Girl you can literally google beyonce + buzzwords and find what you’re looking for. I’m about to sleep and not about to write another essay on how even the implication that the most successful alt singer of our generation, who is a white woman, faces more misogyny than black female artists is ridiculous.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/26/beyonce-role-model-feminists - An article which literally proves my point about how Bey was demonised by feminists for being promiscuous or whatever.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2017/02/139114/donald-trump-slut-shame-beyonce-super-bowl-performance - Seriously?

Ok, anyways, goodnight.

Girl you can literally google beyonce + buzzwords and find what you’re looking for. I’m about to sleep and not about to write another essay on how even the implication that the most successful alt singer of our generation, who is a white woman, faces more misogyny than black female artists is ridiculous.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/apr/26/beyonce-role-model-feminists - An article which literally proves my point about how Bey was demonised by feminists for being promiscuous or whatever.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2017/02/139114/donald-trump-slut-shame-beyonce-super-bowl-performance - Seriously?

Ok, anyways, goodnight.

....Neither of these articles are music criticism articles...they're literally unrelated to the content of Beyonce's music/her lyricism....& another reference to a far-right politician. Girl.....sleep well lmao

lana and beyonce both queens. Lana went to beyonce's halloween party and jay z's grammy weekend brunch. both legends who released acclaimed albums in the 2010s and will continue to do so

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

....Neither of these articles are music criticism articles....& another reference to a far-right politician....Girl.....sleep well lmao

Not to *beat a dead horse* but you never mentioned anything about who it specifically had to come from, just sexist attacks LOL.

lana and beyonce both queens. Lana went to beyonce's halloween party and jay z's grammy weekend brunch. both legends who released acclaimed albums in the 2010s and will continue to do so

Truth. I'm not trying to drag Beyonce in the slightest. She's a f*cking visionary (who faces very different issues than Lana. That's my point.)

Not to *beat a dead horse* but you never mentioned anything about who it specifically had to come from, just sexist attacks LOL.

Why don't you read LANA'S post. She only ever was speaking about music critics/journalists and other alternative singers. She made it pretty clear— as long as u can read past the first paragraph, that is.  :facepalm:

Why don't you read LANA'S post. She only ever was speaking about music critics/journalists and other alternative singers. She made it pretty clear— as long as u can read past the first paragraph, that is.  :facepalm:

Because i quoted what YOU said, not Lana.

I've been thinking a lot about the LDR-FKA twigs comparison...

Back in 2014, Ultraviolence and LP1 were released. Two outstanding, brilliant, extremely emotional, intimate and sexual albums. Both were acclaimed, but we know which one got the absolute round of applause and who got trashed with sexist comments by a number of critics and co.

LP1 literally kicks off with the line "I love another, and thus I hate myself", and no one said a thing. To make things worse, twigs stated: "That’s a sentence I think will always resonate with me, probably for the rest of my life." Not as direct and headline-worthy as "I wish I was dead already", but you get the point.

Then, the masterpiece "Two Weeks" features this verse and chorus:

"I know it hurts, you know I'd quench that thirst

(I can treat you better than her)
You say you're lonely, I say you'll think about it
'Cause you're the only one who resonates
That chase, mouth open like high

Higher than a motherfucker, dreaming of you as my lover
(Mouth open, you're high)
Flying like a streamer thinking of new ways to do each other
(Mouth open, you're high)
Pull out the incisor, give me two weeks, you won't recognize her
Mouth open, you're high"

"Sad Girl", anyone? "Shades of Cool"?

In the beautiful, experimental ballad "Hours", we're delighted with this phrase:

"Am I suited to fit
All of your needs?
Master of all of your needs"

If Lana sang this... :rip:

"I'm a sweet little love maker" and "So lonely trying to be yours", from "Pendulum"

"Now I yearn to follow you in everything I do
All those years in isolation helped me want for you
Lead me to a place I'm free from all the wrongs I do
In return I'll live my life forever lovign you", from "Closer" (not only this is submission at its best, but also she's rhyming "I do" with "you" twice in the same verse, something Lana has been criticized for)

"Tell me why I act this way
Tell me that I'll change someday
I'll be the one that can satisfy you", from "Give Up"

"So I tell myself
It's cool for me to wait for you
Just for you
I collect my thoughts and breathe
Because I take your lead", from "Kicks"

Then in the next release, Melissa EP, she's singing "I'm your doll" while being abused as a blow up doll. The short film was acclaimed everywhere and even got some nominations. But Lana has a man with his fingers inside her mouth and it's a scandal; a video of Lana being raped in a Marilyn Manson video leaks and it's an anti-feminism statement.

Anyway, you guys get the point.

One of the reasons I have loved Lana for so long; I'm a very dominant guy, in every single way, and seeing someone being so, so open about her choice to be submissive, to be fragile, to be delicate, was amazing for me. I know quite a few guys and girls who are extremely submissive and fragile and have to pretend they're not or have to hide their kinks. Of course it makes people uncomfortable. And Lana stood for her art and her emotions.

I've been following twigs for so many years now, and it's obvious she has a delicate heart like Lana. I hope she doesn't take her comment in the wrong way.

Edit: With this post, I don't mean FKA twigs hasn't suffered in her career, not at all. As a black female artist, she got trashed for dating a white multimillionaire celebrity, and we can see the damage it caused her, mentally and emotionally, in Magdalene.

Because i quoted what YOU said, not Lana.

I'm lit-rally writing in response to Lana's post. Don't try to argue about semantics because your point is weak. lmao

did anyone catch Megan Fox's apparent diss...?

exactly.

she needs you on her team lmao this is so much more to-the-point than this 3-day mess she's created!

it was hardly a diss, she said something to the effect of "i understand where you are coming from, i've been there, but i would never put down other women like that, we're all in this together" etc. etc. etc.

Which is hilarious because she put Marilyn Monroe down...

She has a problem being called a a whore* but didn't seem to mind calling an unknown female public figure (possibly -at the time- an underage Lorde) one in MPG is down right hypocritical.

Just shut up Lana and stop digging your grave.

*I really can't recall if this ever happened in the first place,unless she's taking her comments section into consideration. If so that completely invalidates her point BC it's just apart of life being a public figure that every female artists has to face.

Mpg? What did i miss?